Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Famous Last Words

Andy

There was an article in the paper that mentioned some people's last words. Some of them are quite amusing...

British Actor George Sanders was found dead in 1972, along with a short note explaining that he had killed himself because he was bored.

Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa was shot during battle in 1923. He turned to a journalist and with his last breath said, "Don't let it end like this! Tell them I said something!"

Union General John Sedgwick was killed in 1864 during the US Civil War. His lasts words were, "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

In 1977, screen legend Joan Crawford scolded her housekeeper who began to pray beside her deathbed, saying "Damn it, don't you dare ask God to help me!" She was dead within minutes.

The French grammarian, Dominique Bouhours never gave up his day job, his final words in 1702 were, "I am about to--or I am going to--die. Either expression is correct."

Voltaire, the French philosopher who frequently angered those with strong religious beliefs. While on his death bed in 1778 a priest asked him to renounce Satan, to which he replied with his last words, "Now now, dear man. This is not the time to be making enemies."

American poet Walt Whitman searched for years for some brilliant saying to leave behind when he passed away, eventually when the time came in 1892, he had only one word to say: "s***."

Albert Einstein died in 1955. Unfortunately the nurse he was with when he died didn't understand German.

Ironically, although Bobby Leach survived going over Niagra Falls in a barrel in 1911, he died in 1926 after slipping on a fruit peel in New Zealand.

Anyone got any more? lol

Edited by Andy

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.