Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Debate #7 - Music Royalty Rate may rise

Bad furday

This is the 21st century now. Get with the times.

Mara

Convert the mp3s and then burn it onto a CD?

Easier to just get a CD in the first place. :p

Drake

False.

Say I hear a song on the radio. I like it. Perhaps it's a new single by a band that I enjoy, whatever. I'll download the song then purchase the album if I determine how I like the rest of it. If I want it on a CD? Burn it. It takes me literally a minute.

Say I want to go buy a CD. I drive to the store, wander around, then shell out more money for it compared to buying off iTunes or downloading off a torrent. Not to mention the fact that the place might not even have what I'm looking for, unless it's something new and/or popular.

Sure, I'll go buy a CD if it's a band I really like or if, after I have downloaded the album, determined that it's worth having an official hardcopy. Usually, though, it's a million times easier to get the mp3.

Mara

If I hear a song on the radio I like, I get the album from the library for free, listen to it for free.

If I like the whole album, not just the one song, I'll get a copy. Best Buy is pretty organized--easy to find which album I want. And sometimes there are sales.

If not, I'll just return it and enjoy the song that I like on the radio.

Chickenman

If I like the whole album, not just the one song, I'll get a copy. Best Buy is pretty organized--easy to find which album I want. And sometimes there are sales.

Much much harder than that if you're not into popular music. If not for Newbury Comics I'd weep.

Andy

You'd by a CD, listen to it, then return it because you'd changed your mind? lol, yeah that sounds fair. :|

Princess

No, she's borrowing them from the library and copying them illegally by never buying them...

Mara

Much much harder than that if you're not into popular music. If not for Newbury Comics I'd weep.

My library system has a pretty good variety, actually.

You'd by a CD, listen to it, then return it because you'd changed your mind? lol, yeah that sounds fair. :|

No, I return the library copy.

Chickenman

My library system has a pretty good variety, actually.

Cool. You think I can swing by there and pick up that Green River EP I've been trying to track down? Or the Nymphs' only CD? I really need to stock up on Babes in Toyland and The Thermals too. Come to think of it, I don't have anything by Malfunkshun either. :???:

Not that that has to do with anything.

Mara

I really doubt I'd be able to send it to you, have you listen to it, have you send it back, within 3 weeks.

Well....

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.