Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Terminator: Salvation

Andy

No but they have a firm foundation in the previous films, and Terminator sequels have become notorious for inaccuracies; Terminator 3 being one big one. :p

Uncle Du

Well duh. :p

But if there's one thing we know when dealing with time travel and junk, we know that it's used in Hollywood to ensure that they can do whatever they wanna do. :p

Haven't you seen Star Trek? ;)

Drake

Except that in Star Trek (as a whole), they know how to use time travel someone properly and it usually makes sense. :p

Uncle Du

LOL.

What the hell are you doing up so early on a Saturday?

Drake

Work. :p

Uncle Du

Can I has work? :puppydogeyes:

Edited by Du

Uncle Du

OK, so am I the first person here to have seen this? I can't believe that...

So any way, this movie was freakin' awesome! The cinematography was outstanding, the effects the same (thanks in large part to ILM ;) ) and the casting was superb. I think that Bale is a perfect fit for this role. I can honestly say that there wasn't one part of this movie that I was disappointed with.

What I thought was kinda funny was,

Kickinger (or whatever his name is) got the credit for being the T-800, yet when I researched a little more, they actually CGI'd Ahnolds body cast from the first movie over him. So yea, this dude did all the walking around, and beating of John Connor, but it was the Governators younger self doing it.

And for the record, Connor does not become part machine, like I had mentioned could possibly happen earlier in this thread. It's actually Marcus (who is one helluva bad ass cybernetic organism) who donates his living heart at the end to save John. I really think that this movie ties in perfectly to the original movie. The kid playing Kyle Reese looks like a young Michael Biehn.

Knowing that this is the first in a new trilogy, and knowing that there are some years left before the first T-800 gets sent back in time, I really look forward to finding out how they're going to fill in this gap in years.

Even though the resistance deals an incredible blow to SkyNet at the end of the movie, we all know that they aren't down and out.

OK, so I don't really know if I needed to be all weird with the spoiler tags, but just to be safe. I know there would be some pissed off people if I ruined any of this. I think die-hard Terminator fans will like the movie. Is it a T2? HELL no. But it's still awesome.

Andy

OK, so am I the first person here to have seen this? I can't believe that...

I have to work evenings. :p

Probably going on Saturday. :D

Uncle Du

Dude, see it during the day! :p

Don't you guys have matinee's over there? I only paid 5 bucks to see it today! :D

Andy

Well I start work at 1pm this week, so I'd have to like see it at 9am or something. And screw that. :p

Uncle Du

Movies around here don't even start until after noon. I wish we had early morning movies around here. :p

Andy

They might not start that early here, I can't say I'm ever up that early to look. :p

Uncle Du

Dammit, would someone else PLEASE see this movie!!! :p

Andy

I saw it last night, it was okay. The effects and cinematography were pretty awesome, still not too keen on Batman though.

The Marcus bit seemed a bit lame and pointless though. I especially hate the stupidly cheesy ending with Marcus donating his heart.

:roll:

I've seen worse. lol

Uncle Du

I dunno, I think it was a good idea. Being that it doesn't affect the time line, it was something to do, and to show what the machines were capable of. You're just hatin' cause it's not T2. :p

Andy

It was the way he was like "take mine" and everyone was all "cool, okay then". It was waaaaay too cheesy and predictable.

And no, it wasn't just because it's not T2. I am well aware that no film will ever be T2. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.