Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Millenium Falcon [contains Invincible spoilers]

Radioactive Isotope

that just might make my brain explode. i love Stover, but i have to think about it too much sometimes.

Mara

Well, if you're talking novels, then yeah there weren't that many before the prequel era.

But there are a lot of graphic novels, comics, and a couple of games to fill in the gaps a little.

Yes, some of us don't read the comics. :p

Anyway, perhaps we can get back to the topic at hand, the novel Millennium Falcon?

Okay, thanks.

Drake

Nope. :p

Many of the comics are still considered canon, even if you don't read them.

Mara

I never said they weren't canon.

Drake

It was implied.

Princess

I think it'll be cool. They're filling in the gaps between times and giving some backstory that we really need

Rouge77

I would really like to say that I'm hopeful for this book and waiting for it, but after Invincible I pretty much feel finished with the main novels. Luceno is a good writer, but I don't expect him to be able to work miracles, correct the damage I feel LotF caused. Especially as he probably can't go and resurrect Jacen.

Radioactive Isotope

maybe it wasn't Jacen. maybe it was his evil clone. :p

Tenel Ka

I would really like to say that I'm hopeful for this book and waiting for it, but after Invincible I pretty much feel finished with the main novels. Luceno is a good writer, but I don't expect him to be able to work miracles, correct the damage I feel LotF caused. Especially as he probably can't go and resurrect Jacen.

This is pretty much how I feel. Usually when a new book is announced I'm really excited about it -- but the announcement of this one and the new book Allston is writing I kind of find myself just going "meh"... and that is never fun. :(

Winters

Allston is writing a new book!? AWESOME!

Rouge77

Yes, a small (256 pages, apparently) mystery of a novel called Fate of the Jedi 1. It's coming in March 2009. No idea where it's placed in the timeline yet.

Mara

This is pretty much how I feel. Usually when a new book is announced I'm really excited about it -- but the announcement of this one and the new book Allston is writing I kind of find myself just going "meh"... and that is never fun. :(

Uh-huh...

Andy

*ears perk up*

Did someone mention "Allston", "writing", and "new book" in the same sentence?!

Tell me more, more! MOAR!!! :D

Drake

Cynical much?

It looks like it might be entertaining for filler.

Radioactive Isotope

sounds pretty cool to me.

Mara

No, I just think that it seems the EU authors are completely running out of ideas.

Han has had the Falcon how long now? And Alanna "suddenly" finds a piece of it that he's never seen before?

I dunno.

Even the cover art is fairly blah.

Winters

What do you expect? THey've got to fill space between Legacy of the Force and the Legacy comics...?

Drake

It's gonna be a long 100 years. :p

Radioactive Isotope

yup.

Mara

Yay.

Rebel_Ghost

looks like a good book.

Drake

yup.

Yay.

Thank you both for imparting such insightful words of wisdom. I can only hope that next time they will be even more so, thus saving me from wasting my time reading single word posts.

Chickenman

Funny.

:p

Drake

Touche.

...ass.

:p

Edited by Drake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.