Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Chapter 3: Archaic

Drake

Takeshi had awoken from his stun-induced coma mere minutes before the door slid open to reveal his all too familiar interrogator.

When he had come to, Tak could barely see. His eyelids were heavy and the rest of his body was still trying to shake off the dull numbness in his muscles. When his vision returned, Tak checked out his surroundings. It was yet another room, different from the first and second prison cells in that this was an interrogation room.

He was laying on a sort of table, tilted at a forty-five degree angle, with restraints on his arms and legs and one across his chest. The restraints were advanced and would be far too difficult to get free of, especially given the fact that he would have to do it one at a time. Not that he would have had the chance anyway as an armed Archaic guard stood next to the door, blaster held loosely at her side.

When the door hissed open, Tak looked up and almost smiled as Cale Sano stepped inside. The man relieved the guard, who left the room and closed the door behind her.

"I've already met the welcoming party...and the subsequent welcoming parties after that," Tak said. "So what are you here for? Did you bring any pie?"

Chickenman

Cale stared, confused for a moment, and then allowed a small smile to creep onto his face. "Cute." He sat down at a second desk, and spent the next several minutes reading his datapad, an air of silence hanging in the air, punctuated only by Cale's light tapping on the device.

"I'd like to ask you some questions, Mr..." he glanced back down to the datapad, "Gurdan. Starting, I think, with your real name."

Edited by Chickenman

Drake

Tak rolled his head over to the side to look at Cale for a moment before turning back to face straight ahead. "Sounds like you got it pretty spot on although your pronunciation is a little sloppy. First name is Lorr but I'm guessing you already know that."

Mara

Kaden opened up the secure comm channel he had linked with the assault transport. "So what exactly is the plan? Going blazes through the city causing chaos?"

Seeing the city coming into larger focus, along with the higher buildings and towers, he took the Headhunter up higher. "Unless..."

Chickenman

Cale stared at his prisoner.

"Yes, of course. Lorr Gurdan. Heir to the Gurdan Family's criminal syndicate, based out of the Corporate Sector. I apologize. You must forgive my suspicions. I simply wonder how someone of your upbringing could possibly have defeated a dozen guards in combat, and then make not one, but two separate escapes from our holding cells. These are the skills of a military commando, not a criminal prince." He paused again, his black pupils boring holes into Tak. "There's also the fact that our slicers took a very hard look at your files and found them to be mere fabrications. I will ask again. What is your real name?"

As the speeder wound its way through Corellia's backstreets, Aeric found himself lost in thought. It's no use. Every lead we find just leads us into more danger. Layla could be dead by now. By all rights, she probably is. If this keeps up, I'm going to lose more than just Layla. He regarded Atuarre and Szen, who were alone in their own thoughts. Why should anyone else in this squadron die for another. I'd gladly give up my life for her, but the others shouldn't have to make that choice. Sooner or later, this damned rescue mission is going to get someone killed. Is Layla worth it? He closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. No. She's not.

A quiet beep in his pocket woke him from his grim thoughts. He pulled out the small, boxlike device from earlier, upon which a red light was blinking. Aeric would have smiled, had his thoughts not been occupied with a feeling of dread.

And now we get to see if the risk pays off, or dooms us all.

"Szen," he ordered, "take us to the rally point. We've found Officer Nasrin."

Rogue

All of Nat's group's comms rang with the signal to go to the rally point. Kaden's would have rang if he had his personal comm, but he didn't. Elsewhere Nat knew that Jaim's and Jya's comms were similarily going off.

"Arlan," Nat said from his seat. "Take us to the rendezvous point. We need to meet with the Captain."

Vergere

Brier glanced at her comm as it went off, then hissed as Taner tightened the splint around her leg. "Couldn't we at least get some bacta patches or something?"

"Sure, if you felt like walking into a ruined part of the house where there is a fire eating it all up."

Brier groaned and rolled her eyes, and laid back down in the plaza grass, holding her already bandaged head. "I need to go."

Zak immediately sat up, alarmed, but didn't answer for a moment so that his head could stop reeling. "No, you are not leaving, not when you're hurt, not when we get to explain this mess, and just plain no!"

Brier glared at her husband sulkily, "I can walk."

"But you can't run."

Brier sighed heavily and just stared up at the ironically clear sky, with just a few clouds to dot it... and a huge plume of black smoke making its way upwards.

Drake

Takeshi gave his interrogator a crooked smile. "Okay, you got me," he said. "My real name is Solo. Han Solo. No...General Han Solo, so you better let me go before my Wookiee friend barges in here, rips off your arms and beats you with them."

A gray, soot-blackened, gloved fist broke through the top layer of debris which was once a bedroom. Afterall, Jaing had landed on the bed moments before the wall and ceiling caved in on top of him. The explosion that had sent him crashing through the wall had also temporarily jogged his suit's systems. It had taken a few, long and sweltering minutes before they came back online and he began to dig himself out.

Now Jaing was just about free, and not a moment too soon. According to his frequency scanner, the police and fire departments were just minutes away. Pulling himself from the wreckage, he ungracefully slid down to the ground and set off around the house.

The Nightfalcon speeder bike was right where he had left it. He got on and sped away from the burning, ruined house, stopping only for a moment to snatch up the previously discarded missile launcher. Then he was gone.

Ender

Jaim helped Jya down and motioned to the two guards laying lifeless, one nearby, the other across the way on a ridge.

"We're going to have to dispose of the bodies somehow, lest they get suspicious."

The pair of them flung the first guard over the edge of the ravine. His body spun through the air, before impacting heavily with

a large boulder.

Jya gestured to the body of the guard lying further away.

"We don't have time to walk over there and throw him in. Besides....both guards falling to their death? That'd be a bit

suspicious!"

She thought a moment. Jaim directed her attention to the rocks above where the other guard lay.

Jya grinned.

"Great idea! I think I can get him from this distance..."

Picking up a heavy stone, Jya tested its weight a few times, before aiming and letting go.

The stone impacted the rocks above the second guard, causing them to fall from their precarious position. Within moments, his body was

buried under a small mountain of rocks and gravel.

She's....very accurate... mused Jaim.

Jya allowed herself a victory dance.

Edited by Bad furday

Princess

Nima finished treating Aston. "You're good to go for now, but let's try not taking on any insane Mando's for a while, ok?" When he nodded she headed up front to see Nat. "Let's see that arm Lieutenant."

Andy

Aston shot back his best 'unimpressed' look at Nima as she walked over to Nat.

Rogue

"It's not bad," Nat said, pulling up the sleeve on his left arm.

Mara

Kaden saw the dormant blip on his sensor screen suddenly start moving, then go out of range. Not a surprise; he knew the Mandalorian wouldn't stay still for long. Making a note of his last-known coordinates, he then commed the transport he was following.

"Arlan, let the lieutenant know that the quarry has moved."

The Headhunter followed quietly behind the others for a while. Kaden wasn't sure where they were headed, but kept on their tail anyway.

Having arrived a couple standard hours ago on a small resort planet he had found in the Outer Rim, the man was sitting across from Lieutenant Race Bannon, hoping finally for some information on his quarry.

"Now, Mr. Hyton Zaqa, now what was it you wanted to know, again?" The other blond man in the room asked, sitting very casually in a formfit chair across from him.

He ran a hand through his longer hair before answering. "Any information you may have regarding a Lieutenant Kaden Staal. I need to find him."

Bannon cocked a brow, sizing up the other man's wardrobe. "He's not in any trouble is he?"

"Oh, no, no. Of course, not. I just need to find and contact him."

"Right... I'm sure Coruscant has some files on him. I haven't seen him in about a year or more. After he left our squadron." He sat up a little more upright. "And I probably shouldn't even be talking to you, about a military manner." His eyes narrowed, "Unless you're family?"

"Yes, I'm a distant cousin." The man said quickly. "A personal family matter. It's why I need to get in touch with him. So if you have any information, please."

"Didn't realize he had a cousin... But, I'm sorry." Bannon shrugged. "Like I said, I haven't even seen the man, let alone heard from him, in over a year. Thought he was hanging out on Coruscant or something."

"You said he left... he was reassigned?"

Laughing, "I guess you could say that." He leaned forward conspiratorially. "I heard he went crazy. After Vadrov. But it's just rumor, anyway. He could have been promoted again, for all I know. Or transferred. It's possible." He took a sip of his drink, leaning back in his chair.

"So last you knew, he went back to Coruscant?" The man knew Coruscant was a dead end; he wasn't there. He wasn't even in any records. This Bannon was shortly becoming a dead end.

"Yep. Shame, though. Was a good pilot. The Golden Eagles could still use him."

The man smiled curtly. "I'm sure." He stood. "I won't waste any more of your time."

"Again, sorry, man. If I hear anything..."

"Yes, yes. Let me know. Thank you." The man nodded and left the room, leaving Bannon to his drinks and relaxation, and cuing the 'lift to take him to the hangar level.

Time was running out, but he had one last sabaac card under his sleeve....

Edited by Mara

Drake

Deign looked over at the naked, reddish-pink Zeltron laying next to him, half-covered in sheets. He had just woken up from a nap and she was apparently still sleeping. Moving slowly, not wanting to wake her, he extracted himself from bed and got dressed. Before leaving the room, he picked his comm unit off the floor, after having thrown it there earlier.

He left the bedroom and went out into the hallway that connected his room to the other areas of the suite. He entered the kitchen and peeked into the living room. Sena had apparently found a child-friendly game on the Holonet for her and Ayana to play and they were engrossed in it. Not planning on disturbing them, Deign made his way to the exit, pausing to glance at the shadows and TeeCee, his security droid, standing there, before stepping out into the corridor beyond.

He switched on his comm and was immediately flooded with the blips and beeps of waiting voicemail messages. There were half a dozen in all. He listened to them as he walked. A few were from some of his officers, asking about some menial task that they should know better about. One was from Cale, informing him of an incident at an abandoned power plant on the outskirts of the Skids, involving the people who may have been responsible for the slaughter of the Crimson Daggers. Another was from a contact in the PSS concerning a house fire outside of the city and how some of the scorch marks looked to be made from explosives. He then asked if it was an Archaic job and if he should cover it up. The next message was from Jaing, on his way back from causing said house fire. The last was from Cale again, notifying him that he was on his way to interrogate the prisoner they had captured earlier in the day and would be out of contact.

Deign smirked. This is why he could never have a real family. He made his way through the complex to the prisoner holding cells and the torture rooms.

Bad furday

Jaim noticed the blinking light on the small comm.

"Look!" he held it out where Jya could see it. "We've got to head to the rendezvous point."

With one last look around the preserve, Jya and Jaim sprinted back to where they had hidden the speeder.

"Lieutenant? Kaden says that ....the quarry has moved." Said Arlan over the transport's comm.

Nat looked up from Nima's ministrations and made a face.

Edited by Bad furday

Princess

Nat's looking up caused Nima to lose her grip on the piece of shrapnel that she was pulling out of his arm. "Stop moving! I'll never get this cleaned out if you move!" She glared at him slightly and went back to digging around in the wound for any shards of the flechette that might still be in there. She pulled out one last piece and grimaced. "Next time, try ducking or dodging."

Radioactive Isotope

Atuarre's ears perked up at Aeric's statement. "You found Layla?"

Bad furday

Jaim's speeder rose into the air, and within moments, had left the nature preserve behind.

Jaim looked over at Jya from the pilot's seat.

"You throw things extremely well," he complimented her.

Jya paused before answering.

"I suppose my hand-to-hand combat training helped in that regard."

I still think she's hiding something....but no matter. Eventually, I'll find out. thought Jaim.

To Jya, he said,

"I'm sure it did." He pointed out the window at the approaching city skyline. "We'll be at the rendezvous point soon."

Jya grinned.

Chickenman

"You seem to mistake my patience for tolerance," Cale replied calmly. "You will either answer my questions truthfully or I will make you experience a pain unlike any you have ever felt. It is your choice."

Aeric nodded. "I'll explain when the rest of the squadron arrives. But yes, this nightmare is almost over. We're going to find Layla. And we're going to make those slugs holding her pay."

Drake

"Let's give that second option a shot," Tak said, almost uninterested. "I should really get the chance to find out just how painful this thing is before deciding if I should tell you all my famous Corellian war-hero smuggling secrets."

Princess

"About time." Nima grinned. "Let's get these scumbags."

Rogue

When they reached the rendevous point, Nat rose from his seat, walking outside to meet with Aeric. They needed to sort out what was going on, and what they were going to do about it.

Mara

Seeing the transport decrease altitude and eventually land, Kaden followed suit with the Headhunter, landing a few dozen meters behind it. He popped the canopy, stashed his helmet and grabbed his meager supplies before shutting down. Kaden kept some of the important systems running, including the sensor array, which he had uploaded into his datapad before leaving the fighter behind. If the Mando came back, he wanted to know about it.

Kaden headed to where he saw some of his squadronmates gathered near the Gundark. Perhaps there was new information about their mission, about Layla. Either way, it was just good to stretch his legs a bit.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Aston quietly followed Nat outside, taking a deep breath to clear his mind and put the days earlier events behind him. They still had a job to do here.

Vergere

Brier and Wes managed to come up with a suitable explination for the PSS as the firemen doused the flames on the house. More than half of the estate was in ruins, and Brier and Wes were both injured. A wonderful talker in tight situations, the Corellian men weaved a tale that seemed to satisfy any and all questions the PSS had about the incident to cause such a ruckus, leaving the family to deal with the ruined estate on their own.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.