Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

How did Padme know Anakin was still alive?

Mara

A slight puzzle, if you will....

When Padme is giving birth to the twins... she mentions that she believes there "is still good in Anakin."

Was this just hopeful thinking because the last time she saw Anakin before he choked her, he was physically fine, and she didn't know that Obi-Wan went to fight him?

Did Obi-Wan think he had killed Anakin and left him for dead, or just heavily wounded him?

Or maybe it was more than a feeling?

Personally... I just think it was hopeful thinking on Padme's part. She had no way to know that Anakin was dead or mutiliated.

Andy

She didn't know Obi-Wan had just pushed him into the volcano and kept his legs for souvenirs. :p

Radioactive Isotope

well that's a delicate way to put it, beeurd. :p

Obi-Wan never answered her when she asked if Anakin was alright. although i'd be surprised if she didn't pick up on the fact that something happened. she's pretty observant and Obi-Wan was clearly upset. still, without her actually being told the details, i doubt she would have known Obi-Wan left him for dead. so she would naturally assume that Anakin was still alive and maybe Obi-Wan had chased him off somewhere, or Obi-Wan had escaped from him.

TheUnknown

She probably just didn't know what had transpired. She had gone and was still going through a lot. I'm sure Obi-Wan didn't want to add to things by saying, "Um, you know Anakin. Well, I kinda sliced his legs and his other arm off, and then watched has he was set ablaze by lava." That might be a little much.

CorSec

Did Obi-wan actually think he had killed him? Doubtful. Would he not have felt it through the Force when someone as powerful as Anakin had died?

Radioactive Isotope

Ani wasn't looking so good when Obi-Wan left. i mean, he was down to one fake limb and on fire. i wouldn't have expected him to survive either.

it could be argued that "Anakin" was already gone and Vader took his place. Obi-Wan and Vader weren't close, so Obi-Wan wouldn't have felt Vader's death.

Mara

Yeah, as far as Obi-Wan was concerned, Anakin WAS dead.

TheUnknown

Considering the Jedi couldn't feel Darths Maul, Sidious, and Tyrannous in the Force, I would imagine Anakin's hypothetical death wouldn't be felt either.

Andy

Plus Obi-Wan had his own emotions to deal with too.

CorSec

Considering the Jedi couldn't feel Darths Maul, Sidious, and Tyrannous in the Force, I would imagine Anakin's hypothetical death wouldn't be felt either.

I just feel Obi-wan and Anakins bond was closer than that of the Jedi to the Sith. As was mentioned above though, if we consider Anakin to be 'Vader' at this point, perhaps their connection is somewhat different.

Although Vader clearly felt Obi on the Death Star in ANH, didn't he? (forgive me, been a while since I watched them).

Mara

Yeah, I think they felt each other.

Perhaps on Mustafar, Anakin/Vader was so angry, that it was just poured in the Force as general dark side energy?

But it does make sense that Obi-Wan would feel something.. I mean, he did call him as his brother.

Andy

Although Vader clearly felt Obi on the Death Star in ANH, didn't he? (forgive me, been a while since I watched them).

Yeah, but Obi-Wan was intentionally going to face Vader, so he might have been deliberately projecting his presence so that Vader could feel it.

Mara

Yeah, but Obi-Wan was intentionally going to face Vader, so he might have been deliberately projecting his presence so that Vader could feel it.

Interesting...

Princess

The last time that Padme saw Anakin, he had just choked her and 3PO had carried her onto the ship. I also think that being the love of Anakin's life, and knowing about his fears for her, she knew how conflicted he was and probably realized that he was doing all the wrong things for the right reasons

Little Albatross

The way I figured it, Padme knew something went down between Anakin and Obi-Wan and wanted to reassure Obi-Wan that despite what happened, she felt there was good in him.

Also, I think Obi-Wan knew he wasn't dead simply because of their closeness - as it was mentioned, Obi-Wan said that he was like his brother.

Bad furday

She didn't know Obi-Wan had just pushed him into the volcano and kept his legs for souvenirs. :p

*Obi-Wan pulls aside his robe and everyone stares at what 's clipped to his belt*

"It's a Padawan's leg. You know...for luck!" :p

Ladysade

that is interesting ...

does anything think , Obi-wan knew anakin was alive and , felt he was to injured to go after anyone and become a jedi again ?

Skull

A slight puzzle, if you will....

When Padme is giving birth to the twins... she mentions that she believes there "is still good in Anakin."

Was this just hopeful thinking because the last time she saw Anakin before he choked her, he was physically fine, and she didn't know that Obi-Wan went to fight him?

Did Obi-Wan think he had killed Anakin and left him for dead, or just heavily wounded him?

Or maybe it was more than a feeling?

Personally... I just think it was hopeful thinking on Padme's part. She had no way to know that Anakin was dead or mutiliated.

She`d probably read the script, which is always a good idea before shooting a scene.

Anyways it is hinted that she`s force sensitive, explaining the affinity of her children for the force. Therefore she would be able to know this, and besides Anakin had not been lavaed when Padme lost touch wth him, and in the movie she doesn`t seem to be aware of Mr Kenobi`s presence while giving birth, so she hasn`t necessarily realised he had won the fight with Anakin.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.