Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Firefly RP

Firefly RP  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vergere

So... Chicken's gonna threaten to beat the crap out of you and call you stupid and reckless in various ways in Chinese?

:p

Drake

He will also be married to the male pilot who is sarcastic, witty, a fan-favourite...who inevitably dies pointlessly.

Vergere

Shiny.

Winters

Can... Can I be a medic that does public relations... I don't need to sleep with the mechanic...

Chickenman

I'd rather we're NOT carbon copies of the show's characters.

As awesome as Zoe and Simon are.

Edited by Chickenman

Winters

Ok, I want to be a medic... I atleast wanna go out and shoot things... I'm not gonna be a wuss like Simon...

Chickenman

Simon wasn't a wuss so much a wussy as he was a product of his upbringing.

...which was wussy.

Edited by Chickenman

Chickenman

He will also be married to the male pilot who is sarcastic, witty, a fan-favourite...who inevitably dies pointlessly.

I disagree about the pointlessness. Once you saw Wash, like you said, a fan favorite, die, you knew the same could happen to anyone. I mean, the scene where they're just sitting there, waiting for the Reavers, all of them contemplating death, you knew it could happen to anyone except Mal and River. It also gave Zoe a huge emotional struggle. When she stood up and just started walking towards the Reavers, she wasn't exactly planning on surviving. You though she might actually die. And it also fueled the rage that made for some of her best bad-assery out of the entire series. Then Kaylee gets shot. Kaylee, who is everyone's favorite character, regardless of what they think. (I think Mal's my favorite, but I'm wrong. :p) You honestly believe they might save the day, but at the price of getting killed. It set up a lot of tension. It sucks when watching it again, and further sucks that he can't return in any future tv movie or even the comics, but it was a very important death.

Winters

Listen to the commentery of the Collectors Edition of Serenity: IT HAD TO HAPPEN!!!

Drake

I know all of this and I've seen all of that.

I still claim it to be pointless. :p

Vergere

I rather agree with Drake on this point. As much as I hate to say that... I agree with Drake.

Mara

I'd rather we're NOT carbon copies of the show's characters.

As awesome as Zoe and Simon are.

Which is good for those of us who have only see the film. :p

Chickenman

Indeed. There's really not a lot to catch up on anyway, to be honest. You could pick up on what's going on pretty easily.

Mara

Yup. Especially since we're just playing in the Firefly universe with our own peeps.

Kind of like playing in the SW one.

Chickenman

Well I'd say SW would be more difficult for the uninitiated.

Mara

True. But it's the same idea. Ish.

Mara

Ooh.

I'll have to check it out at home.

Anyway... so what kind of people are you thinking for this crew? Positions, occupations? Like pilot, copilot, navigator, etc.?

Drake

Going from what the crew of the Serenity has...

Captain

2nd in command/XO

Pilot

Engineer

Doctor

Weapons expert

...and any number of passengers

Mara

Okies.

Winters

I SOOOO want to be a doctor... but I want to be able to fight as well, a pistol and a rifle shouldn't be too bad...?

Vergere

If we could have Shepard that was able to fight, I'm sure a doctor can. Heck, one of my MD friends is a certified rifle and pistol instructor! :-p And in the military, all medics have to go through basic as well. Personally, (I mean, it isn't my rp) I don't see where that'd be an issue. Just because you can heal doesn't mean you can't kill. Or think of it as "I heal because I *can* kill". *shrug*

Winters

I'd SO want to be a medic like that... (in the RP)

Chickenman

So...do it.

:p

Winters

Well, we have to actually agree on everything before I even start creating my character... because I'm bloody lazy!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.