Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Lord of the Rings: A discussion

What do you prefer?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pandora

I'm not sure how mine is divided, I haven't looked at it in a while (it's still packed)... I have one mondo book. Aside from my Yale Shakespeare's Complete Works, it's the biggest book I own. I think the size qualifies it to be called a "tome" without sounding stupid.

Drake

To qualify as a tome, I think it needs to be hardcover, leather-bound and at least 200 years old with cobwebs. :p

Pandora

It's hardcover and about 200 pounds, Mr. Specificity. :p

Princess

I haven't finished the novel. lol

Didn't get far past Tom bloody Bombadil. lol

One thing I dislike of the novels (which I have to reread...) is that they're wordy... and dry...

I agree with you Winters. The books took me forever to read, and I saw the movies before I read the books

Silane

Both, the novel is more detailed, and let me have more imagination space.And I have to say, as a film, it is also detailed enough, and it has very lifelike characters, it was wonderful!

Andy

I have to say, I used to always dislike films that don't follow their original books, but lately I've begun to appreciate the differences in the adaptations. :)

Princess

Loved "The Desolation of Smaug"

Andy

I still need to see it... Also I find it funny that both characters that are mentioned in the film title are the main stars of the BBC series Sherlock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.