Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Durron

Why are we waiting for Celebration Five?

Drake

Didn't Lex Luthor make one that one time?

Rogue

Hold on, let me call him up and find out :p

*headdesk*

Anywho, I'm not trying to be a ...'stick in the mud' but I'm trying to straighten out my life right now. AND DAMNIT BERGEN COMMUNITY LIST THE SUMMER COURSES ONLINE LIKE YOU SAID THEY WOULD BE A MONTH AGO! Ahem

Mara

Bermuda!

But that's not really in the middle...

Andy

It's about as in the middle as me saying: Ireland! :p

Ayingel

greenland!

Bad furday

Furday, forget that. Let's just ride it out until Clarkson and May retire, then take over their positions at Top Gear.

I like Ender's idea best of all. :p He's got the attitude like Clarkson, and I'm like May, as I do get lost sometimes when driving :p

(they WON'T be calling me Captain Slow!) :p

Ender

Long as you don't strip while driving an Aston race edition on the Stelvio Pass, I'm fine with you as a cohost. :p

Jake Durron

Ok so if we go to the UK... are we staying at your house, Andy? XD kidding, naw the best idea I have is for us to youth hostel it but some people don't like to sleep in the room with strangers... I think its fun to sleep with strangers but that's beside the point and I'm going to shut up now........ So full UK tour?

Bad furday

We could all rent cars, have each one fitted with a video cam, and drive the Stelvio Pass (which isn't in the UK, but oh well ;) ) ;) :D

Jake Durron
It's about as in the middle as me saying: Ireland! icon_razz.gif
:rofl: I was going to say that... but naw guys its pretty freaking easy to get a ticket... and how many of you have been there?

Ender

We could all rent cars, have each one fitted with a video cam, and drive the Stelvio Pass (which isn't in the UK, but oh well ;) ) ;):D

Please? I'm gonna do it this summer anyway, but I'll gladly go twice.

Kia: I have.

Jake Durron

Cool, so have I... but i just worked 16 straight hours

I'm gonna hit the sack.

Andy

What did you do that for? :p

Mara

No, haven't been to the UK.

Andy

WHY NOT, it's INEXCUSABLE! :p

Mara

Because I'm poor....?

Jake Durron

Mara, I am trying to be very polite, but it seems to me that you have no intention of joining us on either of these trip ideas, so if you aren't fracking interested then perhaps you should restrain yourself (as I am doing now) and not shoot down everyone's suggestions and ideas as you said you had closer friends you would rather visit if you went out of your state.

Pandora

If it's in the States, I can do it, provided I can get off work. I still have a little over a week's worth of vacation this year, it's just a matter of finding a week that's not blacked out.

So, Kia, Ana, I think a road trip to the beach would be fun. Ana could fly in to Nashville or Memphis (which ever is cheaper) and we can meet in Nashville and carpool down, splitting everything equally. Once I get caught up on the scheduled maintenences for my car (namely new TIRES) we can take it. It's a four-door Grand Am. Not a convertible, but it will comfortablly seat four adults with plenty of cargo space (three chicks for a week, come on. We'll have luggage).

Drake

Kia, that's enough.

She wasn't shooting any ideas down, just giving a reason why she can't go. Rogue did too. So did I. Are you going to accuse us of "shooting down" these ideas too?

Pandora

I will agree that Kia did lose her temper a bit and it may have been inappropriately displayed. However, I will also agree with Kia's sentiment that she is trying to be positive and proactive in stirring up a little excitement to keep people involved. The few of us that went to C3 together had a blast and we're stillt alking about it. It's a big part of what keeps most of us together. But I do have one question for you, in all due respect, Drake: Since when did feeling that someone else is "shooting down" your ideas become such a terriblely evil way to feel?

Drake

There's nothing wrong with feeling that way, nor posting about it. My problem was with the false accusation.

Pandora

Okay, I read through the entire thread. You and Rogue both had objections. Fine. You voiced them. That is all well and good, and we all understand that. But every little thing that Kia suggested did in fact get shot down, but not by the two of you. It is perfectly fine to not be able to go along with an idea like this, and it is nice to know who can and who can't. But once is enough. Any more than that and it starts to burst the bubble of the person that made the suggestion. If stuff like that keeps up, no one will make suggestions anymore because we all know that everyone is going to think it's stupid, which is the opposite of what the revamp is trying to accomplish. Would you not agree?

Drake

I agree. However, my point was that Mara did as much objection voicing as anyone else, and yet she was the one to get singled out.

Perhaps our definitions of shooting down differs. I don't see someone giving reasons why they, personally, can't go as shooting down anything.

Pandora

Maybe you don't see it that way, but Kia does, and that's what is important. What Kia said was not intended to offend you and you should not take offense to it. She was defending herself because she was offended. Granted, her words did have a negative effect as well, but as mods (or Asses, which is apparently what Andy is calling us now, lol) there is no reason to perpetuate the situation by bringing our own personal feelings into this. And for the sake of professionalism, I am going to transfer our conversation to MSN so it's not in view of the public.

So let's just drop this here and get back on topic (did I just say that?).

Who prefers beaches to theme parks? Are there any adrenaline junkies amongst us? What else could we do? (serious suggestions please)

Mara

For the record, I don't think I ever said I wasn't completely interested.

There's always a possibility for me; I don't rule anything out.

I was merely saying that I wouldn't be able to go far because of the money (especially since I think something is wrong with my car) and the time, and that if I did travel that direction, I would visit my friend in WV instead. That is all.

As for beaches/theme parks... I don't mind theme parks.. but I'm not a big rollercoaster fan. However, I think most parks have lots of other attractions, so that wouldn't be a problem.

The beach would be fun, but I think there would a lot more to do at a park, than at the beach. To be honest.