Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Legacy of the Force: Invincible [Spoilers]

Winters

BUT THEY'RE CLASSICS! HOW... HOW... *gasping for air...* How... oh my... UUUURRR!!

Mara

Animal Farm was good... haven't read Of Mice and Men yet... plan to.

Haha.. I'm having a mega discussion of classics on another forum right now, lol. :p

But... I still think that for the conclusion to this series.. it might be more.. epic.

Just over 300 pages... in hardcover?

Well... it probably would be closer to 350-400 turned into paperback....which is probably closer to what the others are...I think...

Meh. My brain hurts...

masterObi1

i would have to agree with drake

Drake

Thank you and welcome to GB! :D

If you'd like, head on over to the Docking Bay thread in the Spaceport and introduce yourself! We'd love to get to know you!

Also, as a new member, you're welcome to a FREE Blue Lomin Ale in our Cantina, The Lomin Spout. Enjoy!

Ender

Of Mice and Men makes me want to stab myself in the spleen.

Mara

Time for hypothesizing, eh?

Like I have mentioned before... (and I don't care about the cover art; Jacen didn't pick up his saber once in Revelation, so poo on the cover art).... I don't think Jaina will have what it takes to bring down Jacen.

I'm not saying she won't go after him, she probably will, but I think she will fail.

I just think she has too many doubts to overcome, even though she had that talk with Gotab.

Or maybe perhaps by the end of the novel, she'll finally be rid of the doubts.

But right at the beginning to first 2/3 of the novel, there is no way Jaina will win against her brother. Even going all "berserk" like the Mandos taught her. Just no way.

Plus... now that Luke finally knows and has proof... we have to yet to know what he'll do with his information... He seemed pretty calm with Bed. Maybe he made his peace and is okay with other people going after Jacen, and doesn't want to enact revenge. But, he still needs to bring Jacen down, disillusioned into thinking he can still save him.

Also.... I can't help wondering what Mara talked to him about... if it was more than just personal couple's talk.

Either way, it's bound to be good.

I just hope it ends the series well.

Winters

Zombie-Pellaeon rises from his grave and shoots Jacen in the back!

Nah... I think Jania will kill him, it's the whole twin thing that the Yuzzhan Vong are obsessed about...

Mara

Yeah... probably.

But I still don't think she has the guts to do it.

Winters

Well... *thinks*

It's Thrawn! *gasp* (Rumor has it that there is another clone of him serving the Chiss, read Survivors Quest for more info) Thrawn comes in and UTTERLY destroys Jacen's grand armee, I mean navy. With Dalaa as well... why? Because that's how much he owns all.

(Speculation) The Fel Empire was extended by who..? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Thrawn... under the command of Jagged and Jania... (because let's face it, the Fel Empire was started by those two or the child of them... why? Because we're all bleeding tired of the on-and-off again relationship of the two and Zekk has no bleeding change in Dis because he's a whiny emo Jedi).

Mara

Oh, it would be so cool if Thrawn came back!!

But... I would doubt it... but, again, who knows?

Totally... Zekk doesn't deserve Jaina.

And was I the only one who noticed that Jaina seemed to be thinking about Jag a lot in Revelation? I mean, I thought they had still decided to be "friends" and just business associates earlier in the series while hunting Alema?

Perhaps Jaina is getting soft.

Winters

I thought Jania and Jagged were both together or something... The air and the fact that the two constantly were talking or thinking about it... I assumed it... but THATs me...

Mara

As far as I remember, there was nothing official...

Andy

Lightsabers.

Cauterized.

No blood loss.

Tell that to Ponda Baba. :p

Mara

That blood just came out of the arm... the actual wound was cauterized. :p

Andy

Then how did the blood come out, huh? :p

Radioactive Isotope

maybe Obi-Wan didn't get a clean hit and the cauterized part busted open when it hit the floor? :p

Mara

Then how did the blood come out, huh? :p

Through the HOLE. :p

Andy

What hole; I thought it was cauterised? :p

Edited by Andy

Mara

The outside rim of the wound was cauterized?

:p

Radioactive Isotope

ok, guys:

:offtopic:

get back to discussing Invincible [/modly duty]

Mara

It comes out May 13, yays!

I'm still a bit worried about what this novel may have in store for us...

Drake

Finished the book last night and...

OH DAMN.

Lon Shevu...killed by Tahiri

Prince Isolder...killed by Caedus

Boba Fett (and anyone related to him)...can never return to Mandalore...ever

Caedus...killed by Jaina...while he was trying to save Tenel Ka and Allana...which made Jaina feel like crap later

Zekk...MIA in the Transitory Mists

Tahiri...redeemed by Ben

Daala...New Republic Chief of State!?

Allana...presumed ded for, like, two chapters...then appears right at the very end as Han and Leia's new adopted daughter "Amelia"

The most powerful part in the book, for me, was when Jaina was just sitting there, with Jacen's head in her lap, crying because she could finally feel their twin bond again, after his death. Then Jag came up and tried to move Jacen's body so she Force slammed him away. Then he was all sweet about getting her help (because she was in bad shape) and finding Zekk. Then Han and Leia came in and everyone was crying.

Ladies, get your tissues ready. I was on the verge of getting misty-eyed myself and I rarely do that over a book.

I was excited over the whole shatterpoint thing but it really went nowhere. Caedus used it to shatter a Mandalorian's beskar breastplate...and then Luke revealed that he had learned it as well...and then he taught Jaina...and then there was no mention of it for the rest of the book. I figured it would have been used at least once during Caedus and Jaina's second fight. But no.

It's also kinda weird but cool that Allana was presumed to have been killed, only to resurface, at the end, with short black hair and the name Amelia. It would seem that Tenel Ka could no longer assure her safety so she sent them to become Han and Leia's adopted daughter and to train at the Jedi Academy.

Winters

'Twas AWESOME (But Stover would have been better at it... although I would have loved to see Allston write the last book.)

Tenel Ka

I thought the series as a whole was okay but the whole LOL TIME TO KILL OFF ANOTHER SOLO BOY was pretty lame. D: They could've done so much with a Force-stripped Jacen and stuff.

Andy

Hmm... I guess it would have been nice if they'd Ulic-Qel Droma'd his arse. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.