Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Legacy of the Force: Revelation [spoilers inside!]

Mara

TRUTH.

Well, except for the taking over of part....

Winters

I thought that was something that happens in the Comic series that takes place like sixty years after this... with Caden Skywalker or something... I haven't read them, but I think there is a Fel empire or something.

Drake

Cade, yeah.

They don't delve too deeply into the "past" (according to their time - 100+ years past Legacy). The Fel bloodline, in that the later Fel's are Force users, hasn't been explained for the sole reason that Jaina and Jag aren't together (yet?). If something happens in the novels to come then they may add it to the comics.

Winters

THOSE nerfherderS AT DARK HORSE!!!

*looks around*

Let's beat them UP!!!

Drake

The comics are actually pretty good. The ones I've read anyway. I don't think I would want it to stay as canon, however. Having the Sith Order conquer the galaxy again seems almost like a complete undoing of what Luke and co. worked hard for.

Still an entertaining read, though.

Winters

What's the point of making comics and them not being canonical? Why not just publish Fan Fiction?

Mara

Well, I'm avoiding those comics for now because of possible spoilers. :p

Drake

Like I said, there's nothing to spoil. Even if the comic writers knew what was going to happen at the end of the novels, they wouldn't drop the spoiler in the comic.

And I didn't say they were writing non-canon...just that I wouldn't be sad if some later book series makes it that way.

Winters

It will, books sell better than comics, and you can have so many Clone War novels.

The saddest day, in my opinion, will be the day the last origional character dies, and when Luke dies. I still feel bad that Mara died... I had a literary crush on her... but then, who didn't?

Mara

I know that there's nothing "really" to spoil for right now.... but I would like to be surprised if I ever get to those comics.

Yeah, Mara was really awesome.... I was so angry... mostly with the fact that it wasn't even a spectacular death. Wimpy Jacen could only kill her with poison. I think it was a cop-out.

Edited by Mara

Winters

It's a pity that Gilad died... I liked him. He was awesome. Mara isn't awesome... what's above awesome?

Mara Jade Skywalker = LEGENDARY!!! (Let's not forget she was stunning!)

Drake

Honestly, I wasn't overly upset with Mara's death. I always thought of her as Luke's sidekick, anyway.

As for the fight with "wimpy" Jacen.... He seems to spontaneously change power levels with each author. It seems all the Jedi do. Remember when Jacen plastered Onimi into atoms with the Force in "The Unifying Force"? Yeah, that was kickass. He probably could have wiped Luke out then and there if he wanted. Now he's a little more...realistic. He wasn't quite up to Master levels yet so he had to use the poison to his advantage. Sure, you may feel it was a cop-out but if Jacen had won in a lightsaber contest, it would have made him look too overpowered too soon.

Winters

Let's remember, that's the time he killed Omini, he was the most powerful Jedi at the time, only because of the circumstances that I refuse to remember because that book was WAY too big and long.

Drake

He had embraced the view that there was no light and dark sides to the Force, only those within yourself. So one could theoretically use typically "dark side" abilities with a good heart and it would be fine. That was what started him on the path to becoming Sith. The Jedi had tried it out as well, in The Swarm War, but reformed when it was found to be too tempting to fall to darker ways. They were the smart ones, it seems.

Edited by Drake

Winters

For the longest time, before the Unifying Force came out, I believed the Force was neutral and there was no such thing as light and dark (plug in for my Republic Ranger series right here, go check it out, it's starting out, but it'll get better, I hope).

The real thing is, it's up to the individual on their own limits and what they can do, what they wish to do, and what they should do.

Drake

I think that's how the Jedi see it too. They just weren't willing to use dark abilities and emotions since they were too corrupting.

Winters

I think that they're just wusses... look at Mace Windu. He created Form Seven to channel said darkness into a fighting style. Sure, he's the only one who's been able to use it without falling to the "Dark Side" but that's because they wern't ready for it. Of course, this could just be me, I'm kinda able to detach myself from emotion to view things (politcs) and understand things.

Drake

I'm sure that there are some of the current Jedi that could handle it too but not everyone would. Some day, perhaps, with enough training, they could master their "dark side" but I believe that Luke called it off, not because he was a wuss, but because he knew that not all the Jedi would be able to control the power. As Grand Master, he foresaw the temptation that would likely corrupt those Jedi that weren't as strong willed.

Winters

I'm not calling Luke a wuss, we all know he isn't.

Wusses don't get Mara Jade, PERIOD.

Wusses don't have children with Mara Jade (kinda see where I'm going?)

Wusses don't fight Jacen-I mean- Darth Caedus and live.

In my opinion, the Jedi as a whole need to face their own inner-"dark side" because that's what it takes to be a good person, you have to look at yourself in the mirror and accept the dark and dirty facts about yourself.

BTW: Kyle Katarn could SO master Form Seven easly.

Edited by Winters

Drake

I agree that the Jedi do need to look inward and master their darkness but I don't believe that many are strong enough to do so. I think that only a fully realized Jedi Master can even try something like that without forsaking their "light side" principles. Any less and they fall to corruption like Jacen.

And I also agree about Katarn. He's The Man.

Winters

Ok, I concede that, not all Jedi are powerful enough, then to add upon that, they're all not emotionally powerful enough also.

Case Study: Tahiri Vela

She had great promise, then the Yuzhann Vong had to come in and mess everything up. To compound this, she fell in love with Anakin Solo, whom felt the same way, and HE had to die as well. This, naturally, messed up Tahiri and she had to fix herself (only because she pushed people away), battling between Tahiri and Rinna (or whatever her Vong name was). Compounding that, she went with Jania and Zekk to the Kilik world where they become Bug-Lovers (this is where I shudder). Then Jacen messes her up even more by taking her back in time to see Anakin die, which is just plain messed up. Then it leads to her own fall to the "dark side" when she kills poor ol' Gil.

Yes, not all Jedi are able to look at themselves and their own "dark side", but it's something that I believe is necessary for the job, because they need to look at evil and the darkness of others and need to be able to deconstruct that and do what is best for the galaxy and the Force.

Drake

The best way to defeat an enemy is to think like them. Studying and understanding the beliefs/ideals/traditions/etc. of another culture/nation/religion allows for a greater understanding and only serves to strenghten you. It would be true for the Jedi Masters and it's also true in real life. I feel that a lot of the disagreements and wars of the world could have been prevented if only people understood why others do what they do.

Radioactive Isotope

wow, Drake. being mighty philisophcal aren't we? ;)

i agree as well.

Andy

Oh crap, why did I just read all those spoilers?! :p

WHYYYYYYY!?

Mara

There is a warning. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.