Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Legacy of the Force: Inferno [Speculation/SPOILERS]

Mara

My bad.. I thought Fury was before Inferno.. it made more sense, haha.

Anyway, here is the Inferno cover.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20070531.html

Speculate away!

Oh, and starwars.com has released the inside cover description.. but please don't post links to that... I know this is for spoilers.. but right now, just speculation until the book comes out.

Edited by Mara

Drake

Wookiepedia puts the release date as August 28.

Mara

Aye.. that's '07, as in the year.... I can add the apostrophe for you. ;)

Drake

I see. Well it's good to know anyway. :p

Mara

Oh, of course. :p

'Cause I always buy the books the day they come out. :roll::p

Drake

Some people do. This isn't all about you. Mara! :hit:

:p

Mara

Yes, I know. :p

And maybe we can talk about the topic at hand, now? :p

*grumbles about silly Sithboy*

Radioactive Isotope

hehe.. Lukey-boy looks a wee bit annoyed there. :p

Mara

Wouldn't you be? :p

Radioactive Isotope

yeah :p

Mara

Heh. Me too. :p

Uncle Du

You know, if the Legacy comic book series is a legitimate portion of the EU time line, then I know how all this is going to turn out...I just don't know who's going to die during the rest of this series. :p

Mara

I doubt any more major characters will be dying.... however much we wish it. :p

Drake

By the time of the comic books, they will be. Luke appears repeatedly as a Force apparition to Cade Skywalker.

Radioactive Isotope

well he's what, in his 60s or 70s by now? he ain't no spring chicken anymore. :p

Drake

And Han is around 10 years older than him...and he's not a Jedi. :p

Radioactive Isotope

now all that remains to be determined is whether Lucas lets them go out in a blaze of glory and explosions, or die in their sleep.

Mara

Well, duh.. the comics are like 100 years after, aren't they? It make sense that they would have all died, lol.

Well, I think they'll probably die of old age. I mean, they've survived explosions so far.

Yeah, Luke was 19 at Battle of Yavin.. Legacy is what, 40-45 years ABY? So he's in his 60s. Han's in his 70s.So I don't think they'd have much more than 20 years left, maybe. At least, probably only 20 good active years. They can't keep up their energetic pace for too much longer.

And could we please keep Legacy comic stuff to its own thread please, for those of us who have not read them yet?

Drake

It was relevant to the conversation so no.

Uncle Du

It wasn't meant to spark something else...wait, sure it was. :p

Princess

Finished the book today. And felt that it was ok. It's shorter than I thought that it would be but it's about time that people are opening their eyes to what Jacen is doing and how he's following the exact path of his Grandfather and the Emperor

Mara

Finished it last night... I'll have more to say later when I have time.

The beginning was really slow and boring for me.. but it picked up towards the second half.

My thoughts (sorry it's long):

Okay, so I started the Prologue, and was like, what the hell? Tahiri is back? (Correct me if I?m wrong, but she hasn?t been in Legacy yet, has she?) Anyway, so they?ve brought back another annoying character instead of bringing in some new characters, yet again.

And her and Jacen and going back to Anakin?s death? So what, Tahiri is his new apprentice or what? ?Cause I don?t think she?ll be merely a spy in the Jedi for Jacen/Caedus. Besides, in my opinion, she probably has more damage and anger than Ben, so she might actually work out better. But he seems to be focusing on Ben again.

So coming to Jacen: yeah, he?s a big giant nerfherder. And, seriously, at least in the first few chapters, I felt he was acting childish. Isn?t he like over 30 years old? Come on. Grow up, Mr. Sithboy.

I loved the funeral scene for two reasons: One, what Saba said in her eulogy pointedly to Jacen was awesome. Anything that makes him quake in his boots for at least a second or two is just great. Secondly, Mara finally returned to the Force was a great moment as well. I do think though that she was trying to point to Jacen, not wanted Luke and him to be friends, like Luke though. But he was grieving and not thinking straight. Anyway, now, at least I think so, she?ll be with Luke for now on, helping him to take down Jacen.

Yeah, I know Luke has always been powerful, but it seems like in this novel particularly they?re making him out to be even more, almost as if we didn?t know he was. I think there was one area where he was described as using only a quarter of potential and even then he was super powerful in the Force. Uh, duh. He?s Luke Skywalker for goodness sakes and he?s freakin? awesome.

But later on in the battles and fighting Jacen, he was just way good. And I know it?s not said at all, but I?d like to think that Mara was helping him a bit as well. Little Sithboy Caedus thinks he?ll be able to take down Luke next time, but I don?t think so. Luke gave him such a beating. It was awesome.

Back to that battle at Kashyyyk: Up until now I had been wondering where the hell R2-D2 had been. Really. I don?t think he had turned up in the Legacy novels yet. I just figured he was still ?sick? from whatever he had during the Dark Nest novels. But apparently he?s better. So, yay, Artoo?s back!

Oh, and I never thought Luke was dead for a second. Come on. And fooling Jaina and Leia. That was kind of funny. But really, Leia?s not all that strong in the Force, not hard to fool her. And Jaina, she saw it, so she thought it. But I knew there was no way. ?Cause Luke had a plan.

More reappearances: Jag, yay! Yeah, Zekk had to be there too, but he was in the background most of the time. Well, so was Jag, but he?s just much cooler.

And Jaina, now I?m beginning to like her. Back in the day when all the Solo kids were, well, kids, all three of them were super annoying, and Jacen was the least annoying to me. But now, well, of course, Anakin is gone (yay) and Jacen is just being a big nerfherder, so Jaina is all that?s left. But that?s not it. It?s not just that Jaina is the lesser evil; I actually like her as a person now. Now that she?s all grown up and acting her age (unlike someone else), she?s pretty cool. Now if only this war will be over with and she?ll stop denying that she doesn?t want Jag, it?ll be all great.

Back to recurring characters: Okay, first it was bringing back Boba Fett (who I?m sure will be back), then Tahiri who is super annoying, but now Tarfang and Jae Juun? Gosh, can?t we ever had some NEW characters? I mean, really. Jae and Tarfang really didn?t have much of a role. It could have been any Alliance agent.

And hallelujah, Tenel Ka has finally seen the light. Finally. Took her long enough. The woman was blinded by love but now her love is destroying the galaxy. That made me happy. Seems everyone but Jacen knows that he?s super evil and doing all the wrong things. And he?s the only one who thinks he is actually doing something different than Emperor Palpatine. Yeah, not really. I see a lot of similarities. Caedus/Jacen is just blinded by the dark side.

Earlier in the novel when Tenel Ka was still hoping for good, I have to admit I began to like her more. Previously I didn?t really like her as a character. But now that she?s older and mature, and finally realizing who Jacen is, I like her. Not as much as other characters, but she?s all right.

I loved when Luke denied Jacen of Jedi support. Earlier he was acting like he thought Jacen and he would be friends again, like at the funeral. But thinking back to it, I think Luke was just playing Jacen, just as Jacen likes to play other people. (I wish I had more on that, but my note was vague).

On to Ben: Like everyone else, he finally knows Jacen for who he is. But he needs to let go of his anger and listen to his father. Going to the dark side won?t help anything. And I really hope he doesn?t do anything rash (but by the title and art of the next novel? it?s probably wishful thinking).

And I think he needs to stop blaming himself for his mother?s death. Yes, if he had told the Masters instead of just her, she might be still alive. But I still think that Mara would have gone off on her own even if the Masters wanted to send more. That?s just the way she is. She wanted to kill Jacen for what he did to her son. I don?t think any number of Jedi Masters or Luke could have stopped her.

He has to get over it. And he needs to get Luke to listen to him about Jacen. Yes, Luke knows he?s evil and going Sith, but he still doesn?t believe that Jacen killed Mara. No, it was Alema. Gosh. I wish the spirit of Mara would slap Luke.

Anyway, it was good thinking on his part to pretend to want to be with Jacen again so he could get close to him. But I don?t think Ben should be the one to bring down Jacen. I?m sure he had good intentions and he did have Jacen believing he wanted to be his apprentice again, but I?m glad Luke stopped him at the end there. If Ben had done it then, he wouldn?t be any better than Jacen. Hopefully Luke will get through to Ben and then later both of them can fight together against Jacen. That will be a sight to see, er, read.

Overall, I think it?s getting interesting now, especially the ending. With the Jedi now fighting against the Alliance, no, against Jacen and trying to make peace with the Confederation, to agree to disagree and so together take down Jacen, should be interesting. Even though they hate each other, the Alliance and Confederation working together to take down Sithboy should be good in the coming novels.

I?m glad it got better ?cause the first few chapters, well, about the first half of the novel was just really boring. But the second half picked up really well. I just wish the whole thing had that much energy. Oh well, what can you do.

Looking ahead:

I think Ben might be getting himself into trouble. But, hopefully, he?ll listen to his father and contain his rage. I don?t want Ben killing Jacen and end up replacing him as Sith lord.

Alema and Jacen will probably be working together, though I think it?ll take Jacen a while to realize that Alema wants to help him and become his new mentor. Especially with that silly ship thing.

Luke and the Jedi will probably rally the good part of the Alliance against Jacen along with the Confederation. Hopefully they can put aside their differences while there is still a galaxy to save.

Jacen will probably keep whining about how he?s losing all his attachments and family and friends and people he loves. Stupid whiny Sithboy. I mean, what did he expect? That Tenel Ka would find him sexy because he?s killing millions of people? Whatever.

There will probably be more space battles and more lightsaber battles, but the big showdown with Jacen won?t probably be until the last book. Until then it?ll just be little spats, probably with Ben foolishly trying to take down Jacen in this next novel. Just as long as Ben keeps his senses. Luke doesn?t need any more tragedy.

Bring on Fury!

Edited by Mara

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.