Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Entertain Us!

Bad furday

*cackling up a storm over here!*

Pandora

*SQEE* I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!

Unknown, I did enjoy that article! Kids do not have a clue how to study....

TheUnknown

For our Nyan Cat fans:

Ayingel

Oskar the blind cat! He's so flipping cute! He was born without eyes...

I recommend watching all of his videos...he's precious and you wouldn't guess he can't see!

Edited by Ayingel

Pandora

Aww! The hair dryer is adorable, and I think he won that epic battle! Looks kinda like my little Morgan.

Pandora

I love this band called Rock Sugar. They're hysterical and fun and frankly put on a killer show, considering. And you've got to love that the lead singer is the voice of Wakko Warner. Scroll down a little to find their three videos. Only the first one is an actual music video, but you've got to love a song called "Since Ur Baracuda's Been an Immigrant" which is a mash up of "Baracuda", Led Zepplin's Immigrant Song, and "Since You've Been Gone".

Click it for the videos

Pandora

I shared this on facebook, but for my non-friends... Merry freaking Christmas! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5rq7ci8nY4&feature=player_embedded

Ayingel

Unless you're Simon Cowell...

Pandora

Okay this video is not funny. But it is INCREDIBLE:

Princess

I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=LyviyF-N23A

TheUnknown

Even though I'm an atheist, I find this awesome:

TheUnknown
If Eve doomed the entire human race for a damned apple.....what the ewok would that crazy bitch have done for a ewokin Klondike bar??

Bad furday

All of the animals :p

• Upvote 1

Pandora

:lol:

TheUnknown

For Pod, Prin, TSL and any of the other grad students I'm missing:

phd121911s.gif

• Upvote 1

Princess

Hehe. I'm not looking forward to one of the classes that I'm taking in March. I've already had the professor and we had to read the entire textbook in 4 weeks and he'd pick obscure facts and stuff we never discussed in class as test questions

Bad furday

Brilliant!

And would H0 H0 H0 Be read as H to the zero power three times, which is still zero, or a line of Hydrogen atoms, all unconnected...which I suppose would still just be Hydrogen?

Radioactive Isotope

Exponents are written as superscript, not subscript. And hydrogen always comes in pairs. [/nitpick] :p

Pandora

H0 is the statistical symbol for the null hypothesis. In social sciences there's always at least two hypotheses: the null (written as H0 = ___) is essentially the inverse of whatever the hypothesis (H1). So, in psychology a hypothesis might be that a particular therapy reduces depression symptoms. The null, therefore, would be that the therapy does not reduce depression symptoms.

And, Unknown, that is hysterical!!! :rofl:

TheUnknown

In political science, we write the alternative hypothesis as HA, so it's like to assholes arguing. "HO! (*Flings null hypothesis in their face*), there is no effect!" "HA! (*Flings alternative hypothesis back*) Yes there is!"

Bad furday

Ah...thanks you three for clearing that up for me :D:p:red: :shifty:

Pandora

Unknown and I are educators... it's what we do. ;)

In political science, we write the alternative

hypothesis as HA, so it's like to assholes arguing. "HO! (*Flings null hypothesis in their face*), there is no effect!" "HA! (*Flings alternative hypothesis back*) Yes there is!"

:lol: we do a lot of interdisciplinary work which is so valuable. But then we go to the local research forums and it never fails that some math or physics ass will waddle his old self to your poster and bitch about how "subjective ' your research is. Jerk that's why I have three hypotheses and extensive construct definitions! Just acknowledge that I'm a better researcher than you because I'm creative and look to disprove my own ideas.

But oh is it a good feeling when that p-value comes up low. (That means you can make a claim that your treatment condition had an effect, basically. )

Edited by Pandora

Radioactive Isotope

H0 is the statistical symbol for the null hypothesis.

Switch the H to an A and A0 becomes radioactivity at time 0 and At is radioactivity after t amount of time. There's math involved.

Gosh, we're nerds. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.