Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Weekly Poll #80: Blood Type

Blood Type  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mara

They didn't give you a reason, beeurd? That's weird.

I should really donate sometime.. but I never get around to it. :p

My friend can't; she's been in a foreign country (and is now), plus she has gotten tattoos, lol. It'll be awhile for her.

Andy

No, I've got a reason. They say it's because I was born with a heart mumour. Even though its gone. lol

Ayingel

my friend ely is allowed to donate with her heart problems (murmur and something else)

and i don't think i can at all after what happened today at the hospital >.<

Mara

No, I've got a reason. They say it's because I was born with a heart mumour. Even though its gone. lol

Weird.

What would a heart murmur have to do with donating blood?

Andy

Don't ask me! :p

Uncle Du

That is weird, cause I have one, and they let me donate. And they let me in the military. :p

Ayingel

maybe it's an alien murmur

TheUnknown

That is weird, cause I have one, and they let me donate. And they let me in the military. :p

Different countries, different guidelines. In the US, unless its changed, men who've had sex with other men can't donate.

TheUnknown

Yeah well, I have a degree in blood.

Wow, in the next few years, I'll have degress in dead people (History) and prostitution and pimping (Political Science).

Link

I'm A+ but I'm not allowed to donate blood. I've been to London in the past five years so I'm out for Mad Cow disease. My husband is O blood, but he'll never be allowed to donate again since he's been to Iraq and Afghan, not to mention Lithuania and London.

TheUnknown

I bet it makes the Londerners proud to be on the same list as Lithuania, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Link

:roll: yeah, but they're not for the same reason, but you're right, i wouldn't be proud to be on that list either lol! three have al qaeda/influenza-ish issues and the other is mad cow. yee haw.

Radioactive Isotope

:lol:

Andy

I'm A+ but I'm not allowed to donate blood. I've been to London in the past five years so I'm out for Mad Cow disease.

LOL how funny!

Link

well, it's american standard. i tried.

Uncle Du

Friggin ridiculous. Sooner or later, no one will be able to donate, or get blood, cause there's "too many risks".

Princess

Different countries, different guidelines. In the US, unless its changed, men who've had sex with other men can't donate.

Correct. I believe that's still a cause for deferral

Link

Well, really, the military is crying for blood, but then when we try to up our stores, they find SOOOOOOOOOO many reasons that our blood is "bad" that it's ridiculous.

Princess

That's only because blood is very tightly regulated just like any other prescription drugs. We have to have a safe supply

Radioactive Isotope

although some things they don't like to be in the blood could be treated if they were desperate enough for a supply.

Princess

Honestly, at work, we just had to dispose of approx 174 units of blood because the temperature in the refrigerator got too high

Andy

Ouch.

How do you do that... Pour it down the toilet? Or do you just play hilarious pranks pretending someone's been murdered and left a trail of blood around the building? ;)

hehe

Princess

As fun as that second option would be, I have to say, unfortunately no, we disposed of them in biohazard bins and they went off to be incinerated

Andy

How boring. :p

Radioactive Isotope

do you want to get her fired/arrested? nevermind, don't answer that.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.