Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Du

The Fantasy Sports Thread

Uncle Du

I seem to recall some people saying that they would play fantasy hockey...so it's time to put your money where your mouth is. The time has come!

You can get to the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey front page by clicking on the link below...

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

Once your there, find the join existing league button, and enter the below information:

League ID# 10994

Password: jake

So no excuses! If your a puck fan, get in the league, and get ready to face me, the defending Champion of last year!

Edited by Du

Mara

Woohoo! I shall sign up in a bit, when I finish up this show.

I'm so uber excited for hockey. :D

Uncle Du

I'm so uber excited to beat you down in this league... ;)

So far Prin hasn't signed up. I know she's scared. :D

Princess

Well, unlike some people, I can't mess around on the internet at work.

Ana

Now THIS is a sport I'm in on. :D

Uncle Du

Excellent!

Princess

Fear me!

Mara

I'm so uber excited to beat you down in this league... ;)

So far Prin hasn't signed up. I know she's scared. :D

You're already doing so in the baseball one. :p

I've almost given up.. and settling for 5th place. :p

Uncle Du

I'm not really sure how the playoffs work in a rotisserie league. That's when it matters.

Mara

Oh.. I didn't think the playoffs counted in fantasy, lol.

Uncle Du

Well, the playoffs for the fantasy league's are the last three weeks of the regular season. The actual playoffs don't affect fantasy outcomes.

Mara

Ahh. That makes more sense.

Uncle Du

OK, so I think we need two more people to play, so if you know anyone, let em know. My other buddies have been slacking and haven't invited anyone else. So, we need 8 teams to make it more interesting...

Mara

I can ask around.. but I don't think I have too many friends who're into hockey, lol.

How long do we have till the predraft?

Princess

I got us GI :p

Uncle Du

I can ask around.. but I don't think I have too many friends who're into hockey, lol.

I'll probably set the league to ready in a week or so.

I got us GI :p

Cool. Another person that will try and draft all the Wings. :p

Mara

Okies.

I think I'll go through and make a list... so I'm just just picking random people like I did for baseball. :p

Uncle Du

On Yahoo, they have this thing called the "Big Board" for the NHL. It lists the top 50 players in the NHL for fantasy. Keep in mind, this is some dude that works for Yahoo writing this, so he'll of course have players in there that you might not agree with. But, for the most part, it's good for someone who doesn't know too much about all the other players in the league. Last year I drafted all players that I knew, and that had been in the league for more than 4 years, and they won it for me, so it's not nescissary to get the very top rated players in the league....though it can definitely help. :p

Edited by Du

Mara

Maybe I'll give it a look..

I do know quite a few players... I just tend to forget sometimes what teams they end up on, with trades and all.

Uncle Du

Well, i hope everyone that signed up for hockey has done their pre-draft rankings, because I set the league to ready this morning. We finally got ten teams and are good to go. The draft should occur within 48 hours of today, so I hope you're all ready. I would say good luck, but I know that luck has nothing to do with it, that's why I will win again.

Uncle Du

The draft is complete and as predicted, Prin drafted practically all of the Wings. ;) Which is a good thing, cause when they lose, you won't get any points. :D

Mara

Argh, I haven't done mine yet....

Princess

sith, I got screwed over on goaltenders. But that's ok, I've got my power forwards

Mara

Almost my whole team blows 'cause I got random ones... Meh. Time for some switching.

Uncle Du

Mara, you're team doesn't suck! You got hooked up for someone that didn't rank anyone! Kiprusoff and Giguerre in goal as well?! Sheesh!!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.