Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What book are you reading right now?

Mara

Just finished up Unlucky 13 by James Patterson. And now I'm into My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara...feeling nostalgic.

Mara

Written in my Own Heart's Blood, Diana Gabaldon

next book in the Outlander series (now a TV series coming this summer on Starz)

Mara

The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum.

Awhile back I had gotten the first one at Goodwill for cheaps... and then got the next two for Christmas last year. Just finally getting to them.

Princess

Dark Blood by Christine Feehan

Mara

Haven't posted in here in a while...   read quite a few in that time.

But right now: Shadow Prey by John Sandford... second in the Lucas Davenport series.

Andy

So, the other week I started reading the Harry Potter books for the first time. Yes, you read that correctly; for the first time.

I only had the first four, and when I finished those I had to track down the fifth book in a local charity shop. I'm currently just over half way through The Half-Blood Prince now, and Shane's uncle picked up the last book for me so I have that to look forward to.

Overall I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, and I don't know how I managed to leave it so long as I already love the films. Of course, the books are far superior. ;)

Mara

< still hasn't read the books or seen the films :p

Right now I'm reading Post-mortem by Patricia Cornwell. Taking a stab at a new series, since I'm mostly caught up on all my others.

Andy

< still hasn't read the books or seen the films :p

Well you should! :p

Mara

Bah!

Right now I'm reading Aftermath by Chuck Wendig, the first in the 'path to the Force Awakens' series.

Mara

Rereading Micro, Michael Crichton's last novel, that was finished by Richard  Preston.

But before that, I totally binged on Star Wars, reading the comic Shattered Empire, the Princess Leia comic, Lost Stars, Smuggler's Run (Han and Chewie adventure), the Weapon of a Jedi (Luke Skywalker adventure), Hard Target (Princess Leia adventure), and Kanan: The Last Padawan comic (well, vol 1). 

(And I've got others waiting, ha).

Edited by Mara

Andy

I was rereading Magician, by Raymond E Feist, but then I switched to the novelisation of The Force Awakens

I also got the Percy Jackson books for Christmas so I'll get round to those soon. :)

Mara

I hadn't been planning on reading the novelization; is it good? Worth it?

Decided to get out the Hobbit again, so I'm reading that. :)

Andy

I'll let you know, at the moment I feel like he was being held back as there hasn't been anything major so far that isn't seen on screen.

Mara

Yeah, that was partly my reason for thinking of skipping it.  I haven't read any of the other novelizations either, lol. (Except the original trilogy; but I think those were based on the screenplays, not true novelizations, and they do have stuff in them not in the movies, especially the first one, kind of like the radio drama).

Andy

Well, I'm now on the fifth Percy Jackson book, woop. They are pretty neat, it's a shame they ruined the films though. :p

Mara

Haha.

I'm reading another Jack Reacher book: The Hard Way.

TheUnknown

Dan Simmons - Hyperion

Mara

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

My friend recommended the Dresden Files series to me... and it's not really my thing, I discovered after reading the first book. But I thought I'd give it a second chance, hence reading the second book in the series.

Mara

Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child... another Jack Reacher book.

Mara

After I blew through the Obi-Wan and Anakin comic book (had kind of a steampunk vibe, I thought)...

I'm now about 3/4 of the way through Star Wars - Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wendig. So far, really good. Pretty much kind of focuses on Han and Chewie. Though it takes a while to get to them.

Mara

Well, I've read quite a few since then...

Most recent: I slogged through Pillars of the Earth. Good, just really really long.

Then, Star Wars - Catalyst. Great setup for Rogue One.

Now I'm in the middle of Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire, the author of Wicked. Hoping it picks up soon; it's kind of boring so far.

Oh, in between there, I inhaled the last volume of the Marvel Darth Vader comic. Amazing as always.

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

I started reading Lee Child's Jack Reacher books.  I'm actually about halfway done with ALL the titles he's written.  Fantastic reads, very thriller-ish, with great plot twists.  I've only been able to figure two of them out before the actual climax of the book. 

While Tom Cruise plays the part of Jack Reacher very well in the movies, he's NOTHING like the character in the book, physically.

Mara

Haha, I know, right? I haven't seen the movies, yet, though. Am enjoying the books.  I think I have Nothing to Lose next.

Right now I'm on Easy Prey by John Sandford, another Lucas Davenport novel.

Uncle Du

I just finished Echo Burning, and moved on to Without Fail. I read a couple of the books further down the line just because I didn't have them all in order. My girls grandma has given me a few of them. 

On top of that, grandma has also given me just about every Patterson book he's published in the past decade. Which is something like 100 titles LOL. 

Mara

Haha nice! The Alex Cross books are good; I'm almost caught up on those.  I also read the Women's Murder Club series (caught up and waiting for book 14) and the Michael Bennett series (about halfway through). Been thinking of tackling more. Or reading some of his standalones (I read Zoo last year before the show premiered).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.