Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
tyrannosaurus_debt

Need help choosing a sweet Corellian ride.

tyrannosaurus_debt

I've been working on a story for a while now, and originally I had the main protagonists (smugglers/gunrunners for the Rebel Alliance) buzzing around in a modified YT-2400 freighter (Dash Rendar's Outrider being the most well-known example of such), but now I've decided that I just don't like the design of the ship, so I was thinking of changing it.? After looking at a bunch of Corellian freighter models, I've narrowed it down to three, and was wondering if anyone on these here internets would care to weigh in on which one I should choose.

YT1760.jpg

YT-1760

PROS: Fast, affordable, upgradable.

CONS: High-maintenance, not much cargo room.

YG-4210.jpg

YG-4210

PROS: Unique-looking, an older design that would be well within the reach of a budget-conscious smuggler, easily upgradeable, as all Corellian ships are.? Bonus: old age of design, and presumably ship, could serve for good backstory.

CONS: A design that has seen centuries of service, so even with more modern upgrades, could still be a bit dated.

Yz-775.jpg

YZ-775

PROS: Advanced design, heavily-armed.

CONS: Large, nearly half the size of a standard corvette, and twice the size of most other light frieghters.? Perhaps too expensive and extravagant for a young twenty-something smuggler trying to scrounge up a living on hostile spacelanes.

Bad furday

I like the look of the YG 4210, and with the ship's age, a good backstory would work well. :)

tyrannosaurus_debt

Yeah, that's the one I've been leaning towards, too. It just seems to have more character than the other ones I've looked at.

Radioactive Isotope

i like the YZ-775. you could say he won it in a sabaac game. ;)

Andy

I say the YG-4210 looks good. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.