Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Chickenman

Music

Mara

I diss her all the time.

She gonna ruin me too? :p

Andy

What's to ruin?

Sorry, couldn't help myself! :evil: :p

Edited by Andy

Mara

Gah, are my horns showing again?

Chickenman

I've been on a huge Sleater-Kinney kick lately. Has anyone else ever heard of them?

James the Defender

Not this one.

Chickenman

Great indie/riot grrrl (a 90s feminist punk movement) band.

In other news, this week was the 15th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death.

Rest In Peace, dude. :cry:

Brumak

My music...considering I make all my music out of pure emotion, this has helped ease my unstable mind.

(btw Inferno is my choice off that page)

Edited by Brumak

Chickenman

It looks like I just might be seeing a certain band that I haven't been able to shut up about since they decided to release their latest album and the paperback edition of their biography in the same week. Holy awesome, Batman!

(I'll totally give your stuff a listen sometime this week, Brumak. Right now I'm listening to a certain band. :p)

Ender

I'm ridiculously in love with Kasabian's new album. "Thick as Thieves" and "Vlad The Impaler" are amazing tunes.

Andy

I haven't heard the whole album yet, but it's on my list. Kasabian <3

Ender

It really is fantastic. I would have killed to see them open for Oasis in Manchester last week.

Chickenman

So now I won't see them, because the area they're playing was pretty gang-ridden in the 80s. :(

Ana

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that, man. :(

Andy

So now I won't see them, because the area they're playing was pretty gang-ridden in the 80s. :(

Dude, did you notice it's not the 80s any more?

Drake

Something tells me that his parents are the ones making this call. You know the type. Paranoid over things that no longer exist.

Andy

Well I meant more that gangs are everywhere now. ;)

Mara

Something tells me that his parents are the ones making this call. You know the type. Paranoid over things that no longer exist.

Sounds like mine. :p

Anyone want to come see Mat Kearney with me at the Intersection July 2nd?? :p

It's only $15!

Chickenman

It was my friend's mother. I've read up on the area, and while the amazing downturn in New York City crime since the 90s has made it unbelievably safer, it's still not a utopia. Even her brother, after laughing about where the venue turned out to be, told me not to wear red.

Still, I'm not going to press the issue, when she's worried about her daughter's life. I understand where she's coming from. And while I'd absolutely love to see them hot off of a new record, and worry about how much longer they'll be touring (the bassist is 54, and the whole reason the band only tours during the summer is to work around their kids' school schedules), I'm sure I can catch them next year or so, when they (hopefully) tour again. It just sucks. I'm on such a huge kick with them now, what with the album and the biography, and...meh.

Aurelius

Those cheeky little buggers eh! :p

Ender

Hey, it's not like 20,000 people walked out. Sure there were technical glitches, but despite that the reviews and the bootleg I've heard are phenomenal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.