Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

What Do I Do?!?!?!?!?!

Chickenman

What's the 72 hour hold option? :???:

And I'm not worried about her hating me. As long as she's alive to hate me.

Princess

I think, but I'm not sure, but you take her to a hospital and tell them that she's suicidal. They've gotta hold her and get her psych help. But that's just my best guess as to what it is

Tsl

Yeah, they can hold her against her will for up to 72 hours if she's considered a danger to self or others. In this case, obviously, danger to self.

GI_Admiral

hmm...perhaps that is for the best...howd she fail with bleach btw?

Chickenman

Threw it up, I guess. That's what she did with the advil.

All she really said was, after I mentioned bleach, "It doesn't work. I've tried."

Tsl

you can't just throw up bleach and be ok. it would destroy your esophagus/stomach....everything.

Chickenman

I don't know how she survived it. I honestly didn't want to find out at that moment.

Tsl

I would have to assume she never actually drank any. That being a good thing.

Chickenman

Yeah.

Maybe it wasn't bleach, but like...detergent or something...is bleach a detergent? I don't know these things.

Radioactive Isotope

maybe she didn't drink enough of it.

but yeah, bleach can be a type of laundry detergent if you're looking to turn everything white and sterilize it. bleach is mainly a cleaning agent that you can use on floors, clothes, countertops, pretty much whatever you want.

Princess

Drinking any amount of bleach would do irreversible harm to the digestive tract. It'd eat it away.

Chicken, as much as you may not want to, you need to get professional help for her. Even if you tell a teacher or a counselor at school so that she doesn't know it's you. By law they have to get her help. I know that you want to support her as a friend, but eventually she's going to do something that can't be fixed. The sooner you get her qualified help, the better

Edited by Princess

GI_Admiral

Like they said, taking bleach will pretty much do the job.

That means she didn't take it, which is a good sign (not totally good, but better).

Tsl

Yeah, I get the impression she's doing this for the sake of creating drama (ie. cry for help, attention). Still doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously, because accidents happen with suicides where people didn't really mean to go through with it and all. Plus whatever is bugging her could get worse and exacerbate the depression beyond the cry for help stage without warning.

Chickenman

It isn't a cry for help. She keeps getting in these extremly depressed moods, in which she can't use common sense and she just wants to die. She goes through this a couple times a day. She's got some kind of mental disorder, I think, possibly Manic Depressive.

Radioactive Isotope

then she desparately needs to get medical treatment. all of this could be eliminated with ant-depressant medication. and if her parents won't take her, that can be considered abuse.

Andy

Plus the 'cry for help' thing isn't neccesarily intentional. I think part of the impulse behind it may be subconcious.

TheUnknown

I agree with everyone who has stated that you need to tell someone. If her mom won't do anything, tell a counselor, a teacher, etc. Considering her mom won't do anything, that might have sent her the message that her mom doesn't really care.

Andy

Has she really told her mum everything as well though?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.