Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Luke Skywalker: Pansy or just plain awesome?

Tsl

Nooo...

In teh NJO, he advocated doing nothing in a time when everybody really needed to be defending the galaxy. He obstructed the few who actually did want to do anything.

At the end he finally seemed to wise up.

But now he's turning into a facist, lol.

Rogue

lol eh, well I guess I shouldn't be surprised...everyone hates the leader when things aren't going perfect :p

Well said!

Insyana

He's killer on computer games. I'd vote both if I had the option.

Andy

lol, yeah, it was pretty cool fighting alongside him in JK2, I thought. lol

Mara

lol I still dont know why people dislike Luke

Neither do I.

Tsl

lol I still dont know why people dislike Luke

Neither do I.

Lol, this reminds me of the Bush supporters. "Why don't people like him? He's doing such a good job?"

:| :p

GI_Admiral

lol it does ...

See my phrase about leaders.

Rogue

no no no....see there's a difference. Bush is a total idiot. he couldn't comprehend a decision if he actually made one himself.

Luke on the other hand makes the hard decisions and gets all the crap for it. Remember, when Luke started his Jedi school he called it a Praxeum and not an accademy because he's not turning out warriors the way the empire turns out stormtroopers. Yes, he wants these people to serve the New republic by protecting those who need protection, but he also wanted them to be educated enough in the Force, and confident enough in themselves.

Lets take a look at the clone wars when a bunch of Jedi turned to the darkside as soon as real trouble struck. Like Mace's padawan, what's her name...Luke tried to prevent history from repeating itself. Tried to preserve the Order and keep everyone unified, whether that ended up being what happened or not. He tried to prevent the kind of stuff that happened to Alema Rar.

Am i making sense to you, cause it makes sense to me.

Tsl

Yeah, but what's the better desicion...

Do nothing and avoid turning dark, yet everybody in teh galaxy dies or becomes enslaved

or

Do what you can within reason at the risk of turning dark or dying, and there's an increased chance that everybody in the galaxy won't die or become enslaved.

You'll notice that in the end of the NJO, he finally did the latter. Finally. And everyone was saved. That's where the 'he was doing the right thing in the Vong War by doing nothing' argument falls apart for me.

Radioactive Isotope

it's one of those darned if you do, darned if you don't. he chose to be passive, so everyone's yelling at him for not doing anything. yet if he had chosen action early on, people would have criticized him for being too agressive. that being said, you can't just sit back and do nothing in the middle of a war. just because you don't know how to fight an enemy doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Daniel

i can't decide :(

because he did save the galaxy (awsome)

but tried to lose it too (pansy)

i guess i've decided he is almost awsome but not pansy

Chickenman

I don't think he tried to lose the galaxy, he just almost did.

And actually, I feel it's unfair to blame one person for the fall of the galaxy. If it's anyone's fault, it's Fey'lya's.

Andy

Yeah but it's no fun blaming a dead person. :p

Tsl

Fey'lya is a pain in teh ass too. No doubt. But that still doesn't excuse Luke for ordering the Jedi to sit around and play Tiddly Winks while the galaxy fell around them.

Radioactive Isotope

if i remember correctly, he was doing that per Fey'lya's orders

Tsl

And Fey'lya can tell him what to do because.....?

Radioactive Isotope

well, yunno. since the Jedi were "supposed" to do what the Senate asked them to....but you're right. he could have done it anyway, lol. :p

Andy

But that still doesn't excuse Luke for ordering the Jedi to sit around and play Tiddly Winks while the galaxy fell around them.

Pfft, don't exaggerate his accomplishments, Tsl. :p

Chickenman

Yes. It takes skill to play tiddly winks.

*Wonders what the meaning of "tiddly winks" is and hopes he didn't just say something dirty*

Tsl

well, yunno. since the Jedi were "supposed" to do what the Senate asked them to....but you're right. he could have done it anyway, lol. :p

If the senate told you to kill your family and then dance the hokey pokey on their graves, would you do it? :p

Chickenman

Yes.

Radioactive Isotope

hence why i said "supposed to." :p

as for my opinion of the Lukester, i'm gonna have to go with pansy with occasional moments of greatness. i mean, come on, he killed Shimrra. but he sat around for the first three quarters of the war and he inherited the Skywalker whineyness.

Mara

Yes. It takes skill to play tiddly winks.

*Wonders what the meaning of "tiddly winks" is and hopes he didn't just say something dirty*

It's a game. :p

Andy

LOL, wow... I never known sombody not know what tiddlywinks is. :|

M213602.jpg

Mara

That one is fancier than the one I played. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.