Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Sticks

RFID - Invasion of privacy?

Sticks

Oh boy... :roll:

I wouldn't exactly say I'm sitting on my ass about this one though. I may not be actively participating in rallies, but I'm a member of the site and actively share it with others.

Tsl

It wasn't meant to be a counter argument. It was meant to be, an I-give-up-because-you're-a-moron-ument :p

GI_Admiral

lol see that doesn't work.

If someone beats you with logic, you can't call them a moron :p

Tsl

But you see, he didn't. His "argument" doesn't really even argue against my position :p

You see, I simply said ranting is good and fun and if you don't like it, don't read it.

He replied by saying that you can only rant if you're also taking legal/democratic process type action against said thing.

It had been previously pointed out that besides bithing to congress about inacting a law, there's really no way to stop big buisness from using it.

He says we should vote to take care of the problem.

There is no vote involved at this time.

He says get rid of the polititians causing this issue.

But it's not the polititians causing the issue. I can't vote for the CEO of whatever company.

How does he know that Sticks hasn't written to her congressman? How does he assume she doesn't vote in elections?

I vote. I pester my congressmen (gotta love their form letters). I stay up on issues, yet mentioning something on a website automatically means I'm apathetic and sit on my ass?

Perhaps we should consider the value of alerting other members of the forum to the issue so that they to can take action....instead of bithing about people who don't.

As for complaining about big goverment.... Apparently Alexander has never kept with issues and pestered congressmen, or he would know how very little people who can't contribute large amounts of money to their campaigns means to them. Gov't is corupt, it's unavoidable. Life is not a Lifetime Original Movie drama. It's not as simple as pestering them. Just as we have the option of taking action, they have the option of ignoring us. And 99 times out of 100, they do just that.

But you see, if they get alot of letters and press, they might listen.. And how does that happen? By ranting about it to others, alerting them to issue, posting those links. Word of mouth is one of the best advertisment routes one can use...effective and cheap.

So, again I say, if you don't agree with the issue, if reading rants and discussion about it pisses you off and makes you sad because you're an apathetic moron, then quit clicking the damned link to this thread.

Edited by Tsl

Sticks

Go tsl...THANK YOU!!!

Alexander

Yes, while your counter-argument is compelling it could have done without the flames, and maybe had such an argument been made earlier there wouldn't have been a need for such flames. Hope you don't use that same rhetoric when you mail your Congressman. :p

Edited by Alexander

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.