Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

What is your view on...

What is your view on Lesbians/Bisexuals/Gays?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mara

*shakes head*

Princess

Okay, when I said debate I didn't mean rip eachother to shreds...

Is that possible here?

Uncle Du

Holes in an argument I don't really care much about, I was pointing out that we all seem to have this crazy insight which makes everyone elses point of view wrong. I think it's funny that I wasn't even arguing against homosexuality, yet people still go to great lengths to make themselves look holier than though.

And I said who gives a sith about the reasoning, because there doesn't need to be a damned reason, everyone's a person, everyone deserves the same rights as the next. But hey, if shredding my "argument" makes everyone feel better, rip away. Once again, as in most "debates", the point has been completely lost: the point being that there's nothing wrong with the way you are, gay or not, whether you're born with it or not. Those points don't even matter, but everyone has to have something to further talk/complain/bith or argue about. The poll was about what you think about it, not what causes it. But, people take sith too personally sometimes, and get offended for others. Pardon my abrasiveness, but that's just the way I am.

Oh yea, just in case you missed my point, I DON'T THINK ANY DIFFERENTLY OF HOMOSEXUALS THAN THE NEXT STRAIGHT PERSON STANDING NEXT TO ME AT THE GROCERY STORE. Hope that's plain enough.

Edited by Du(SW)

Andy

I DON'T THINK ANY DIFFERENTLY OF HOMOSEXUALS THAN THE NEXT STRAIGHT PERSON STANDING NEXT TO ME AT THE GROCERY STORE. Hope that's plain enough.

What if the person standing next to you was secretly a member of the Nazi party?

lol sorry i'm j/k :p

Ana

I don't know if people think that because I'm in the military, I'm not ever exposed homosexuality, but they couldn't be further from the truth. I know gay people that are in the military, and others that aren't in the military, my circle of friends extends beyond the navy.

No one?s saying that.

And honestly, I don't think it really matters how many gay friends or family members you have, if you don't choose that path or are pre-disposed to it, you really can't understand it. That's like a white person marrying a black person, and then all of a sudden, that white person "knows what it's like to be black".

I?m not claiming that I know what it?s like. But having family members and close friends does make a difference, if you?re their confidante. When they?re crying on your shoulder because someone called them a fag at the mall, or their parents won?t talk to them, or their soccer team found out that they?re bisexual and won?t even give them high fives anymore because their parents would be furious if they had physical contact with a gay? have you ever been through that? Do you know how helpless that feels, that you can?t do anything to help them?

I?m not saying that you aren?t supportive. I?m not saying that you aren?t admirable for your thoughts and actions. But we?re in different situations.

Tsl

lol, this is the first time I've ever seen people fight over who's the most supportive of gays...

Andy

Hey, this is GB. :p

Expect the unexpected :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.