Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Satan Needs To Be Fired

GI_Admiral

:rofl:

Andy

it's too long I can't be bothered to read it :p

Chickenman

Don't worry, I'm about to make a long angry post that'll summarize it quite well.

Alexander

Don't worry, I'm about to make a long angry post that'll summarize it quite well.

Karl Rove's a disgrace. There, saved your poor lil'fingers typing. Bush said he would get rid of whomever turned out to be the leak, but considering his relationship with Rove I would imagine he'd keep him on "unofficially."

Chickenman

I'm writing this mostly from memory and quick checks to check my facts, so if there are some facts I've gotten wrong, I apologize.

An italian newspaper published something about Niger selling uranium to Iraq. The CIA sent a covert operative, Valerie Plame, and her husband, Joseph Wilson (a former ambassador) to Niger to find out if these claims were true. They could not prove the claims true. Later, President Bush said in a speech (might have been the State of Union address) that Niger was indeed selling nuclear materials to Iraq. A couple weeks later, Joseph Wilson wrote a letter to the New York Times, saying that he had gone to Niger to find out if those claims were true, and hadn't been able to confirm that. He sent those results back to Bush. In other words, he pretty much said that Bush is a liar.

Karl Rove is Bush's policy advisor of sorts. He was Bush's campaign manager or something. He now, for some reason, has a job in the government, his policy advisor. Basically, he's responsible for a large percentage of Bush's bullsith. A few weeks after this letter was published in the New York Times, our friend Rove gave information to three writers, mentioning that Valerie Plame was an undercover CIA operative. One writer, a conservative columnist wrote something about Plame being a fraud. I forget what the other writer did, and the third one didn't even publish a story! The one who didn't publish a story is sitting in jail for not giving her sources, while the conservative writer isn't. Time Magazine has confirmed that Karl Rove was the source for the second writer, Matt Cooper, about Plame's identity.

So Karl Rove leaked the name of a covert operation because her husband said bad things about his friend Mr. Bush. Tsk tsk, he's acting like a child! Because of his little leak, Plame can never do that kind of covert work again...she's virtually lost her job. Not only that, but anyone she's talked to for information is now a target! Tsk tsk, Rove! Because of you, people who helped America by giving it valuable information, could now find their head impaled upon a stick!

But wait, it goes deeper.

The CIA creates fake companies, fronts, to find information. Plame, along with a couple other dozen operatives, were part of this front. Everyone who ever did bussiness with this front, or any operatives that were part of this front are now in grave danger. The CIA took over 20 years to create this front, and now it's all gone. Lives are in danger.

In short, Rove is a traitorous nerfherder that deserves to rot in prison. :mad:

And you know what? Rove is Bush's crony, so he'll get away with it!

"George Bush answered "yes" to the question: "do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have" leaked the identity of this CIA agent."

Are you going to fire him, or is this another Bush lie? :question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/14/cia...s.ap/index.html

Edited by Chickenman

Alexander

I think he will officially fire him, but keep him around for unofficial consultation. Which is not really illegal (at least I think), or making Bush a liar, because Rove's previous position would be terminated.

Edited by Alexander

Chickenman

I don't want him to be fired, I want him to be thrown in jail. He's a traitor to this country. Giving away that operatives name was illegal, and he should be penalized for it.

And he won't.

If he was democrat, mind you, he'd have been thrown in the slammer long ago.

GI_Admiral

My guess is this:

Fired, Pardoned from Prison, Unofficial advisor, but publicly disgraced from bush

Alexander

My guess is this:

Fired, Pardoned from Prison, Unofficial advisor, but publicly disgraced from bush

Nail. Head. You win.

The day you see a high-status political official in prison is the day hell freezes over, pigs fly and Michael Jackson becomes black again.

Princess

My guess is this:

Nail. Head. You win.

The day you see a high-status political official in prison is the day hell freezes over, pigs fly and Michael Jackson becomes black again.

Does he still stay a woman though?

Alexander

That's a variable.

Chickenman

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/15/cia...e.ap/index.html

So now Rove is saying that he received the information about Plame's identity from a media source, not a government one. The Republicans are spewing a bunch of bullsith that he didn't know she was an undercover operative at the time.

Rove says that Robert Novak (the first columnist I mentioned) told him about Plame's identity, and not vice versa. He then talked to Time Magazine reporter Matt Cooper that Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, but didn't give her name. (Well guess what? Saying who she's married to tells our enemies who she is!) Rove also said that she "apparently worked for the CIA" or "something like that."

Alexander

Did he specifically refer to her by name? From what I heard from a friend (who has been keeping up on the case more than I) he only mentioned that she was an ambassador's wife.

Chickenman

"When Novak inquired about Wilson's wife working for the CIA, Rove indicated he had heard something like that, according to the source's recounting of the grand jury testimony.

Rove told the grand jury that three days later, he had a phone conversation with Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper and -- in an effort to discredit some of Wilson's allegations -- informally told Cooper that he believed Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, though he never used her name, the source said.

An e-mail Cooper recently provided the grand jury shows Cooper reported to his magazine bosses that Rove had described Wilson's wife in a confidential conversation as someone who "apparently works" at the CIA."

He answered Novak that yes, Wilson's wife worked with the CIA. He told Cooper that it was Wilson's wife, but didn't give the name. That's what the Republican spin machine is using to defend Rove. But identifying her as his wife is still identifying her!

Ender

Exactly. I'm not a fan of Rove. Never have been. He's a scumbag, like 95% of politicians these days. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was stuck in front of a firing squad. Hell, I'd be one of the shooters.

Chickenman

:nerves:

:eek:

:shock:

:nutty:

:crazy:

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!!!!!

:p

Andy

Only 95%?

Ender

C: Contrary to popular belief, I don't agree with everything the Republicans do, since I'm not a Republican. I just agree with most of what they say.

B: Okay, 98%. But there are some out there who aren't scumbags.

Chickenman

I know you don't agree with everything Republicans do. I don't agree with a lot of things Democrats do. I was merely poking fun since your possibly the most outspoken conservative on GB. I respect your views, really.

Ender

Suuuuuure. ;)

Radioactive Isotope

i'm just gonna say ditto to what Ender said. anyone who leaks CIA agents should be shot. and die a slow painful death.

GI_Admiral

The plot thickens!

TheUnknown

...while the (seemingly unheard) chorus of calls for impeachment increases!

Edit to include: I have just realized Karl Rove reminds me of one of my professors with about 50 pounds and less hair. Scary sith.

Edited by TheUnknown

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.