Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Am I A Weirdo?

Uncle Du

Ooooooo, pwned. :D

Ayingel

I want to get married to Sentrosi...am I weird?

Princess

Yes :p

Uncle Du

That's ok, we're really all weirdos around here any way.

Ayingel

:puppydogeyes: i see normal people :nerves: ...they're everywhere. :eek: they don't know they're normal...:p ;)

Radioactive Isotope

normal people scare me :nerves:

Ayingel

heh...our smilies are in unison.

Uncle Du

OK, so I drove the Mini to see Ep. III again last night. And I have to say, that I can no longer make fun of anyone that drives that car (unless they drive an automatic, cause that kinda defeats the purpose). I have never driven a car with so much get up and go. It's insane. I smoked a Mustang on the way home. I was doing about 65 mph, and this guy wanted to pass me, so I downshifted from 5th to 4th and that Mini took the ewok off. I hit 98 mph and that POS ford had no idea what hit em. It was sweet!!

Andy

OK, so I drove the Mini to see Ep. III again last night. And I have to say, that I can no longer make fun of anyone that drives that car (unless they drive an automatic, cause that kinda defeats the purpose). I have never driven a car with so much get up and go. It's insane. I smoked a Mustang on the way home. I was doing about 65 mph, and this guy wanted to pass me, so I downshifted from 5th to 4th and that Mini took the ewok off. I hit 98 mph and that POS ford had no idea what hit em. It was sweet!!

People who drive automatics shouldn't be allowed to say they can drive.

No offence to anyone who drives an automatic... ;)

Radioactive Isotope

humph. none taken i guess. :p

Andy

Good.

And don't worry, you'll learn to drive properly one day. ;)

Uncle Du

:rofl:

I have to say, that I own an automatic, but that's cause my wife can't drive stick. I, of course, can. And I'm damn good at it. ;)

Do they even make automatics in England?

Andy

I've seen a few automatics, but I don't know anyone who has one.

They only ever teach you to drive in manual cars. If you want to learn automatic you usually have to have your own car to learn in, and you can't get a full license or something.

Uncle Du

No kidding?! That's the way it should be. It takes a lot more skill, and a lot more attention to grive a manual.

Radioactive Isotope

indeed. which is why here in the land of uber crazy drivers who talk on their cell phones, eat cheeseburgers, and change clothes driving down the interstate, i think it's best to learn on and automatic :p

Ender

Stick for life. Besides taking more skill and concentration, it's a lot more fun. :D

Tsl

Automatic all the way. Why exactly do I want something more difficult? I hate driving anyways!

Princess

Dude, I've so totally eaten talked on my phone and changed clothes while driving

Uncle Du

But that's the thing, it's not more difficult, people are just lazy. If you learn to drive a stick, your awareness on the road increases exponentially, therefore making your driving experience worlds safer.

And Ender's right, driving a stick is wicked fun, you have the power at your fingertips. *gets shivers* ;)

Tsl

It is more difficult.

manual: memorize shift positions, mess with clutch, learn when to maneuver the stick and how and why, constantly shift around

automatic: just drive

If you aren't aware on the road, then you're just an idiot. Has nothing to do with what you drive. I never use my cell while driving, voice mail can pick it up, people. I eat occaisionally, but only if it's something I can set on my lap so both hands are free most of the time. Changing clothes? wtf? Do you want a closed casket?

Uncle Du

Okay. Do you think it's hard to tie your shoes? Why don't you wear around slip-ons or velcro all the time? See, that's the reason that people think things are too difficult. Because there's always an "easier" out.

Tsl

But I only have to tie my shoes once :p

Ayingel

HAHAH! See? I am going to learn stick, however.

Tsl

I'd like to learn as well. But then I'd probably have to go buy one, which ain't happening.

Princess

Changing clothes? wtf? Do you want a closed casket?

Stopped at a stoplight and just needed to lose one piece of clothing

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.