Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MH

Who is the best Jedi?

Who is the best/your favorite Jedi  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Radioactive Isotope

nu uh!

Andy

You're right of course, JM...

Palpy & Anakin killed him, not Tsl. :p

LoneStarAssman87

Who is the best Jedi and who is someones favorite are two completely different things... If you go by who has the highest midichlorian count, then Anakin would be the "best".

And my favorite character out of all the Star Wars movies is Evil Anakin/Darth Vader. So I'll say that Anakin from Episode III is my favorite character.

I don't see how anyone could put Qui-Gon as their favorite character of all time... he was nothing more than a pawn of the Sith... he was nothing...(I know this will get something goin')

And after seeing Episode III as many times as I have I can't help but notice that Mace has the same facial expression the entire movie, except for of course when he's getting killed by Sidious.

Radioactive Isotope

Mace isn't know for his emotional depth. just the fact that he kicks tail. and Quit-Gon is too and awesome Jedi. don't you read the books? :p

LoneStarAssman87

Nah, I haven't read the books... I will soon though. But in watching The Phantom Menace I couldn't help but notice the horrible advice he would give. In like the 3rd line of the movie he tells Obi-Wan to forget what Yoda told him about being mindful of the future, and he tells him to focus on the here and now... that doesn't really sound like a Jedi to me. Also, when he cheats Watto by making the dice roll his way so he can take Anakin. It's one thing to use the force when necessary, it's another to use it just to flat out cheat somebody. And like Anakin, Qui-Gon was very disobediant to the Jedi Council. Basically all the advice he gives to Anakin in that movie is the complete opposite of what Obi-Wan teaches him, and that's why I said he was a pawn of the Sith, used for nothing more than helping to manipulate Anakin so he would become confused and have to turn to Palpatine for his emotional support...

But yeah, like I said I haven't read the books... so there's probably a lot I don't know about Qui-Gon... I'm just going by what I see in the movies. :D

Ayingel

And like Anakin, Qui-Gon was very disobediant to the Jedi Council. Basically all the advice he gives to Anakin in that movie is the complete opposite of what Obi-Wan teaches him, and that's why I said he was a pawn of the Sith, used for nothing more than helping to manipulate Anakin so he would become confused and have to turn to Palpatine for his emotional support...

it wasn't opposite of the advice obi-wan gave anakin. in fact, that was the same advice given to luke by obi-wan.

and calling a member of the council a pawn of the sith isn't exactly true. qui-gon knew what was going on.

anakin turned to palpy for support because he supported him. he acted interested in his progress, which he was, and manipulated the way anakin thought (as shown in RotS). remember, he is/was/whatever a sith lord, and a very powerful one at that, he can make people only slightly weaker minded than him do what he wanted...

LoneStarAssman87

When was Qui-Gon a member of the Jedi Council? :???:

Ayingel

it's time for you to read my friend.

LoneStarAssman87

:red:

OK...

I didn't know he was... cuz in TPM when he dies he wasn't... so I thought he never was in the Jedi Council. But did he really know what was going on? He seemed to be the only one who couldn't sense the conflicting feelings in Anakin... or if he did, he ignored them.

Maybe I should just go read before I make any more foot-in-mouth statements though. lol

Edited by LoneStarAssman87

Radioactive Isotope

Qui-Gon was never on the Council, but the story was he would have been if he hadn't been such a rebel all the time. and it was important for Obi-Wan to keep his mind on the mission. be mindful of the future, "but not at the expense of the moment."

Ayingel

yeah...that's what i meant...i don't own those books and i read them awhile ago...so....sorry for the misinformation ^^

Andy

You will be sorry... :p

LoneStarAssman87

Qui-Gon was never on the Council, but the story was he would have been if he hadn't been such a rebel all the time. and it was important for Obi-Wan to keep his mind on the mission. be mindful of the future, "but not at the expense of the moment."

Well yeah, I knew that... I thought she was saying that he was on the Council...

LoneStarAssman87

yeah...that's what i meant...i don't own those books and i read them awhile ago...so....sorry for the misinformation ^^

It's OK. :cool:

star wars freak

i must say, Obi-Wan from the pt is the best, followed by Qui-Gon

Ayingel

yay! someone agrees with me!

[Master_Revan]

Mace Windu. How could you not love the jedi played by SLJ? He's just a dude, and is easily the best with a lightsaber, really wise too, which even Yoda himself admitted, though most dispute the point.

street_shark

I think Agen Kolar is the best/strongest but I voted for mace.

Andy

Welcome to GB :)

street_shark

:twisted: I'm here to bring you all to the dark side :evil:

Ayingel

honey, this is the dark side. ;) :twisted:

street_shark

ok then :eek:

Andy

:lol:

Radioactive Isotope

man, why can't we ever get any lightside people join? :???: :p

Ayingel

it's more of "why can't the light side people stay light side people?"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.