Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
SoftballJedi

Choice

SoftballJedi

Choice

Obi-Wan Kenobi sighed. He was sitting in The Room of A Thousand Fountains at the Jedi Temple. He was sitting all alone. There was not another Jedi in sight. He felt the Force flow through him and in it, he felt the struggling presence of 13 year old Padawan Anakin Skywalker. He knew young Anakin was currently in a sparring room with Jedi Master Adi Gallia, working on different strategies. He also knew (this from the Force) that Anakin was struggling with some of the strategies but didn?t want to disappoint Master Gallia.

Obi-Wan sighed again. He had been training with Anakin for three years now, and he still hadn?t connected with him. It was almost like the boy was afraid to let anyone get close to him. Obi-Wan had pondered this for awhile. He believe that perhaps the boy who Qui-Gon had said was the Chosen One was afraid to let anyone get close to him because he thought they would leave him. Anakin had left many people and a few had left him. Besides his mother and the Queen of Naboo, someone else had left him that scarred him. With his mother and the Queen, there was a possibility Anakin would see them again or maybe just see a holo of them. And for him that would be enough.

But he wouldn?t see Qui-Gon again. And neither would Obi-Wan. Tears rolled down Obi-Wan?s cheeks. ?Why Qui-Gon? I need you now more than ever, you are the only one who could help me now!? Obi-Want screamed aloud and throughout the Force. He sobbed in pain.

Anakin Skywalker felt his Master?s pain at that time and dropped his training light saber. The burn of Master Gallia?s blade hitting his skin didn?t faze him. He was afraid for his Master. ?Obi-Wan?? Anakin said. He made to run to the door. But Master Gallia held him back. ?No.? she said in her clipped accent. ?I felt it too, but he has not called for help from us. Relax young Padawan.? Anakin nodded but his eyes stared at the door.

Obi-Wan was shaking and sobbing and he barely recognized a certain presence that came in the room. ?Master? he whispered. ?Help me.? Obi-Wan noticed the presence came closer to him. ?Can your Padawan not help you?? the voice said. ?No.? Obi-Wan answered, in too much pain and fear to recognize the voice. But suddenly he did. ?Qui-Gon.? he whispered. He turned his head around trying to find the presence and he saw he was correct. He saw the kind face Qui-Gon, his former master. Qui-Gon gave him a sad smile.

?I cannot help you with training the boy, Obi-Wan. I know you can do it.? Qui-Gon said sadly. ?I know. I?ve been told many times.? Obi-Wan answered. The spirit of Qui-Gon sat next to Obi-Wan on the bench. ?What has been torturing you so much Obi-Wan? I?ve seen it plague you day and night. It troubles Anakin too. Then, you just block out the Force entirely! That seriously troubles Anakin.? Qui-Gon said

Obi-Wan took a deep breath before revealing his secret. ?I may be expelled from the Jedi Order.? he whispered. ?What did you do?? Qui-Gon asked, shocked. ?I?m, I?m in love.? Obi-Wan revealed. ?I see her a lot. That?s when I block out the Force. She loves me too and she wants a full commitment. I?m not sure what to do. But I know it?ll be the hardest thing I?ve ever done to leave her.?

?How long have you been with her?? Qui-Gon asked in that still shocked tone. ?About six months or so. Her name is Aria Livian. She is my age. I met her on a mission with Anakin at Bespin last year? Obi-Wan filled him in. ?Livian? Isn?t her father one of the richest men in the galaxy and is high-up with all the politicians.? Qui-Gon asked. Obi-Wan nodded, his face in his hands. ?What should I do?? he asked in a muffled tone.

?Obi-Wan. I cannot tell you. You have to follow the Force. What is more important to you? Would you give up the Force forever for love? It?s your choice of love-or love of the Force and your love for Aria.? Qui Gon answered. He stood up and put his hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. In a moment he left.

Obi-Wan still sat there for a few minutes. Finally he decided what he should do. He got out his comlick and with tears in his eyes he called Aria and told her to meet him at a Corscaunt artificial floating park in an hour. He left and went to the apartment he shared with Anakin. He washed up quickly and got a clean tunic and robe. As he was leaving his apartment he lingered and looked back at the room. He had lived there since he was thirteen, first with Qui-Gon and now with Anakin. How different would it seem later?

He went to the sparring rooms and informed Anakin he was going out. He asked to have a private word with his Padawan. He put his hand on his shoulder. ?Anakin.? he said. ?You are a very bright boy. Don?t be afraid to be friends with people. And whatever you hear-remember what you have been taught.? Obi-Wan said. Obi-Wan didn?t want anything happening to Anakin if his relationship with Aria was out in the open and Anakin was questioned. He couldn?t risk Anakin getting thrown out of the Order too. Anakin nodded, confused. Obi-Wan slapped him on the shoulder and left.

Obi-Wan was dropped off at one of the floating islands by a taxi. It was nearly abandoned except for a young woman sitting on a rock by a fake waterfall. She had dark black hair that was tossed over her shoulder. Her skin was pale. Her face was turned away from him but Obi-Wan knew she had sparkling sapphire eyes and rosy red lips. She was sitting down but Obi-Wan knew she was tall and slender.

Obi-Wan walked towards her as quietly as possible. Tears stung his eyes as he felt the Force flow through him. He wondered if he was doing the right thing and how long he would feel the Force, and if he?d still enjoy feeling it while he could.

Aria turned around. Her eyes sparkled and she smiled when she saw him. Obi-Wan felt a fluttering in a stomach. Every time he saw her, he went weak. She walked towards him. She was wearing a dress that matched the color of her eyes. I can?t leave her! He thought urgently. I love her so much!

Aria put her arms around his shoulders and his arms went around her waist. ?Aria.? he whispered looking into her face which he thought it was perfect. So perfect. ?Hey Obi.? she said smiling. She put one of her hands on the back of his head and pulled him into a kiss. It was passionate and wonderful, and Obi-Wan responded with lips even more eager than hers.

A few minutes later they stopped. Aria?s pale face was flushed as she took his hand and they started to walk around. She was talking about her life and how high esteem her father had talked about Obi-Wan after hearing about him from Amidala. He also heard about him from Yoda speaking about one of their missions.

?He?ll love you Obi-Wan! He says you are a great person.? Aria said. She turned her head a smiled at him. Her other hand went up and tenderly touched his cheek. They kissed again, this kiss wasn?t as passionate. It was warm and tender but just as sweet.

Obi-Wan kissed her back but tears stung his eyes again. Their kiss slowly broke up and they sat on a nearby log. Obi-Wan used the Force and levitated a rock in the air. It made Aria smile gently and after the rock did some flips he put it down. Using the Force again, he sways her hair back, as if it were being moved by the wind.

She smiled again at him. The smiled always melted his heart away but now it also killed him. Finally he made his choice. It killed him entirely but he knew it was the right choice. He?d regret it the rest of his life. He took her hand and kneeled on the ground. He looked at the ground and not at her face. A tear rolled down his cheek. Finally he looked at her and took his hand out of hers. He put his hand in his cloak pocket and took something out. It was a smooth stone he took everywhere.

He took her hands in both of his and put the stone in one of them. His hands dropped away. ?I love you more than anything in the galaxy, Aria.? he began. His voice already broke. ?But I can?t stay with you. I?d be expelled from the Order, scandal would break out. You?d be disinherited and we?d had to live in shame.?

?But we?d have each other.? Aria said sadly.

?I can?t do this to my Padawan, the only reason he became a Padawan was because I agreed to train him. He?d be sent back to his home planet to watch his mother be a slave. He?s the Chosen One, I can?t risk the Force staying unbalanced forever because of me. This is the hardest choice of my life.?

?What?s the stone mean?? she asked curious, but so sad. Tears ran down her cheeks.

?Qui-Gon gave it to me on my thirteenth birthday. I want you to remember me by it.? There was a hole in it and Obi-Wan put a leather string through it. Aria tied it around her neck. Her sapphire eyes were sad and dim. The only sparkle was from the tears in her eyes. ?One last kiss?? she whispered.

Obi-Wan nodded. For the last time he leaned toward her and kissed her gently and tenderly on the lips. Finally he turned away. He walked away. He heard Aria cry quietly and it broke his heart. ?I love you Obi-Wan!? he heard her cry out. He sobbed on his own after he went back to the Temple. He didn?t know how he left her. He still loved her so much. Every time he activated his light saber he thought of Aria and her sapphire eyes.

*Three Months Later*

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi sat in their apartment watching the HoloNet. Over the last few months they had become closer. And Anakin had more friends than ever. He was quite popular.

A knock came on the door. ?Anakin go get that.? Obi-Wan said. Anakin got up and walked to the door. He opened it and he saw Master Windu. ?Hello Anakin. Is Master Kenobi here?? Mace Windu said. Anakin bowed and nodded. ?Please come in Master Windu.? he said. Mace walked in.

?Master Windu!? Obi-Wan exclaimed. He jumped up and bowed. ?Obi-Wan.? he answered. ?You know of the daughter of Seth Livian? Aria? You met her when you were at Bespin with Anakin a year ago.? Obi-Wan nodded, his heart beating fast.

?She died an hour ago. Her father is devastated. She?s been depressed for three months, he says. But we also found out she was pregnant. She was about four months along. The child was extremely Force-sensitive. But he died as soon as his mother died. We don?t know who the father is, but we do know she was going to name the child Ben. The cause is not sure.. Her mother said she acted like her heart was broken. It?s believed she just gave up. She was wearing this necklace.? Mace gave Obi-Wan the necklace he gave her three months ago. ?She left it to you. Good day.? He left. Anakin recognized the stone but didn?t say anything.

Epilogue

Obi-Wan hardened over the next years but never took off the necklace. He loved Anakin like a son and tried so hard so Anakin wouldn?t suffer the heartbreak like he did. At the Battle of Geonoisis when Anakin cried out ?I can?t leave her!?, it killed Obi-Wan to be so gruff with him because he knew exactly how he felt. When Darth Vader killed him the last image that filled his eyes was that girl with the sapphire eyes. He knew he was going back to her now.

The End

Andy

cool :)

I only skim read it though. I'll read it properly when I get home. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.