Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Facebook

Princess

Anyone remember the backgrounds for the Mafiya or the Vory because I'm at the stage that I need to pick one

Uncle Du

I think you can pick both. You can start one out, master it, then on the tier 2 mastery you can do the other one. I'm working up tier 2 right now, I'll let you know.

Bad furday

On facebook, Jm has posted a disturbing pic, where she is unusually thrilled to be arrested/held at blasterpoint by Imperial troops. :p

Princess

So, I've had a lot of people from high school adding me as friends lately and I just don't know how to answer anymore when they ask how I'm doing because my life is falling apart right now.

Radioactive Isotope

there's a lady that keeps friend requesting me. she sent a nasty e-mail to pretty much the whole church congregation when my dad was Bishop accusing him of playing politics (which of course is completely rediculous. Dad doesn't even realize when the game of politics is being played). obviously i don't want to be Facebook friends with her, but i don't really have a tactful way to tell her why if she asks.

Princess

Well, I have (had) this rule that i have to socialize with you outside of work if I was going to add you.

Uncle Du

So, I've had a lot of people from high school adding me as friends lately and I just don't know how to answer anymore when they ask how I'm doing because my life is falling apart right now.

So don't tell em. Or don't add em, it's up to you. I don't have much to brag about these days either.

there's a lady that keeps friend requesting me. she sent a nasty e-mail to pretty much the whole church congregation when my dad was Bishop accusing him of playing politics (which of course is completely rediculous. Dad doesn't even realize when the game of politics is being played). obviously i don't want to be Facebook friends with her, but i don't really have a tactful way to tell her why if she asks.

Don't be tactful. ;)

Radioactive Isotope

unfortunately i have to be. Rob's Bishop now and not telling people you hate their guts kinda comes with the territory.

Uncle Du

You don't have to tell her you hate her, lol.

Mara

Say nothing. Just keep hitting the ignore button.

Radioactive Isotope

that's what i have been doing. but i keep feeling like eventually she's going to ask why.

Mara

If she does, there's no reason you have to answer her.

Bad furday

Tell her you don't know who she is :p

Ender

I can hear it now... JM going all valley girl.

"I don't, like, even KNOW WHO YOU ARE RIGHT NOW, guuurll."

Radioactive Isotope

ugh, no. i have a Southern accent, not a Valley Girl accent, TYVM. :p

Uncle Du

:rofl:

Princess

Hey Furday, you gotta check on your pet. They have NASPET decorations for your habitat

Bad furday

Ah yes, I keep forgetting to check and see how Kahhhnnnnn!!! is doing. :p

Princess

I know. I play with him to keep him from feeling neglected

Ana

I am very amused that you guys come over to GB to talk about your FB pets. :p

Radioactive Isotope

this initially pissed me off, but now that i've had a bit to calm down, i actually feel a mix of amusement and pity.

Some of you may remember a couple boyfriends ago, I was with a guy that in the waning months of our relationship, it got seriously dysfunctional. He graduated school and moved far, far away and we both moved on with our lives. We'd e-mail occasionally and last I heard he had gotten married and his wife was pregnant. I was happy for him. Something to note here is that our correspondence was VERY sporadic. One e-mail every 6 months or so. And at no time was it anything beyond, "Hey, how's life?" He and I broke up almost 3 years ago.

Fast forward to today, I log into Facebook (see, this little saga IS on topic :p) and find a message from his wife. The message was, shall we say, nasty. Way nastier than I would expect from anyone who calls themselves a devout Christian, much less someone who's Mormon. The message basically accused me of being a total b**** and using and leading on her husband while he and I were dating and that I didn't deserve him, he's a great husband and father, etc etc. Oh, and she doesn't want me e-mailing him anymore. Keep in mind, my relationship with him was a couple years before he even met his wife. Now, I will admit and acknowledge that a couple years ago, I was an idiot. I know exactly why I was an idiot (and so does he for that matter), but it doesn't excuse the fact that mistakes were made (though nothing irreversably stupid was done) and people got hurt. Am I completely innocent? Absolutely not. I completely acknowledge my hand in those mistakes and I will admit I started plenty I wasn't willing to finish. It wasn't that I meant to be mean (and I can see how from the outside it may look that way), but it was more like I got in over my head and when I realized what was happening I had to slam on the brakes before something went too far. But he's not completely innocent either. He and I would discuss frequently the things that needed to change and I didn't get any help from him in making those changes. The way her message was worded indicated she definitely thought everything was my fault. I don't know if my ex said it that way to her or if that's the way she took it. If he said it that way, then it really pisses me off that he can't man up to his mistakes. If that's the way she took it, I can't help that she's psycho.

Just to kind of contrast this, she and I have never met and they live on the west coast. This was completely out of the blue that she's all of a sudden pissed off about something that happened a long time ago. My husband has an ex-fiancee that he rarely speaks about and when he does, it's to tell a story about how crazy the girl was. I take the stance of "her loss, my gain." I would NEVER even THINK about looking her up and blasting her over Facebook. Rob loved her at one time enough to ask her to marry him and I respect that. I also realize it was in the past and I don't really care that he almost married another girl.

All the wife had to say was that she was uncomfortable with the ex and I e-mailing each other and I would have respected her wishes. I am respecting her wishes to not e-mail him anymore. That's fine. But she didn't have to be as upset as she was. I doubt he's calling up her ex-husband (or boyfriend, I dunno, but she had kids when she and the ex got married) and telling him off for whatever he did. She's way too paranoid about something that happened before she was even there and now that I've had time to cool off, I kinda feel sorry for her.

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Princess

That's because Furday has become very neglectful of his FB pet

Mara

Wow, JM... that lady sounds like a crackpot, in my opinion.

Radioactive Isotope

i'm inclined to agree with that assessment. however, i wouldn't put it past the ex to embellish a bit.

Mara

Embellishment or not, she still sounds like a crackpot. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.