Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

I'm At A Loss Of Words...

Chickenman

Here's what happens when a president sends his troops into a country with no back up plan on what to do after the war. :cry:

I just pray that someone will find a way to stop getting these soldiers needlessly killed.

Edited by Chickenman

Ender

Alright, after that shameless, completely baseless post, Chickenman, I'm just going to ewoking explode.

1. Our president DID, and still DOES, have a backup plan for after major combat operations had ended. It was to help the Iraqi people back to their feet, which we have done, install a new government, which is rapidly being put in place, and kill or capture any possible insurgent groups, which we have been doing. These attacks have been dropping off since we captured Saddam.

2. These soldiers are NOT being needlessly killed. Would you prefer that we had pulled our troops out earlier, leaving the Iraqi population stumbling for support, a weak government in place, and the insurgent groups gradually getting power again? No, I didnt think so. And I know your answer to that. We shouldnt have gone into Iraq in the first place, right? Then none of this would have happened? Maybe, maybe not. I do know, however, if we had NOT gone into Iraq, Saddam and his sons would still be ruling the country with an iron fist, killing innocents and grinding the living ones into the ground. Would that be any better? No. And our soldiers did not have to go into Iraq in the first place. Hell, they didnt have to even join the Army. They volunteered.

Roethlisberger

Somebody's right-wing.

Chickenman

I agree with you on the second point. And I know we can't reflect on how we shouldn't be there in the first place. It's our job now. But I swear this whole Iraqi thing was a personal vendetta. Saddam hated his father, so Bush is doing this, giving nothing to backup his accusations. (WMDs, links to terrorists) I'm glad Hussein is out of power, though I think there are worse threats out their...such as North Korea. We wouldn't even have a huge part of the crisis if Bush hadn't run his big mouth off. When he mentioned the axis of evil, the day after, North Korea reopened it's nuclear factories. As for the soldiers, they performed to the highest degree of honor. However, now they have nothing else to do. Hunting down the terrorists is one thing, but a lot of them are just standing around, patrolling, and getting a chance at getting nailed while doing it.

As for the back up plan. Bush did have a plan for rebuilding, but he thought that the Iraqi people would immediatly embrace democracy and capitlsm after being oppressed so long. As the Ragin Cajun put it: When your soldiers are lead to believe people will be throwing flowers, and instead they're throwing hand grenades, you've got a problem.

Drake

Turn down the temperature, guys. Opinions are to be respected.

Chickenman

I respect his opinion. I just don't believe in it.

*hugs Ender*

Drake

Hugging Ender....VERY BAD idea. :p

Chickenman

lol

Ender

Somebody's right-wing.

You never noticed before? :p

Umm... Chickendude... hold on a sec.

*Chickenman looks down and notices the assault rifle sticking into his stomach*

Yeah. You dont want to come any closer. :)

Chickenman

*plugs finger in barrell, just like in the cartoons*

HA!!!

*Finger is shot off*

Damn.

chozen

These attacks have been dropping off since we captured Saddam.

Are you making this sith up?! Since the capture of Saddam there has been the same, if not more attacks in Iraq. ......

And these attacks are 'worse' if you could call it such more people are being killed, more civilians are getting roused into the mobs, The coalition are screwing up Iraq (the hospitals and power stations aren?t there.. The Iraqis civilians are getting fed up of this invading army) more anti-American sentiment in Iraq, more anti-American sentiment allover the world, terrorism (both in Iraq and all over the world) is up by a whole, the paranoia of the fear of terrorism is up . Bush's plan failed. His ?dream? for Iraq failed, and now his whole presidency has failed.

Now let?s hope the American citizens can rub their brain cells together and realise that this is the truth.

Although it?s not like votes count in American ?Democracy?.

Chickenman

Actually, I have to agree with Ender that the coalition is doing a good job besides the Americans getting killed. Also, the attacks haven't gotten worse necessarily. Remember the truck explosion in the UN building? Nothing that destructive has happened for awhile.

I think maybe we should use this thread to remember the soldiers, not debate about political morals.

chozen

No.. The coalition did a good job. Gettign rid of Saddam Hussein was needed.

But all this faffing around isn't helping Iraq one bit.. And helping Iraq was the whole point of the war, besides those darned Weapons of Mass Destruction.

And it's not just Americans getting killed is it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?! It's a whole amnner of different people.

um.. Appart from this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3524589.stm

Chickenman

That's true, my mistake, we should remember everyone who's been killed because of this war. Err...except the bady guys...then again...your supposed to forgive...er...*trails off*

chozen

lol.. you've got to remember the Iraqi militia.. too.

Alexander

I'd ask you people to please limit your attempts at humor, whereas this is hardly the thread for it.

Chickenman

I guess since it's the headline everyday, we've kind of accepted it.

*Feels like moron*

chozen

It wasn't an attempt at humour. Maybe Chickenmans. But you still have to respect all the dead.. No matter.

Chickenman

My post that Chozen is referring to...it was kind of a dark humor...like how murder investigators sometimes get a really nasty sense of humor to help them cope. Sorry, I didn't mean to.

Edited by Chickenman

chozen

Don't apologize! It's not your fault anyone's dead. If you wish to make light of an issue taht is sensitive to others. Then so be it. It's your right. It wasn't meant as an insult, correct? It was part of your disgust that they died, as well as you getting carried away with the argument, and forgetting the topic.

And anyway, jumour is one of the best ways to get a sad poin across.

Chickenman

Yeah.

Alexander

as well as you getting carried away with the argument, and forgetting the topic.

They were getting carried away, almost the whole first page of this topic was dominated by unrelated babbling.

Drake

Not meaning to sound funny but this is GB...it's the unwritten rule to get off topic as soon as possible.

Andy

Drake's right. It happens so often here... I think it's probably that randomness that brought the majority of the members together in the first place.

I can split it out of the thread if you like.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.