Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Welcome Lounge - introduce yourself!

GI_Admiral

JM, started out as JediMaster91

Radioactive Isotope

gosh that seems like so long ago

Mickey

I was Jaerstein Cysse

Roethlisberger

I was The Ultimate Fett for a while on SW.com and TF.N, but never here. I started as Fett here.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Aurelius

I can check the Admin logs back to late 2003 if you want me too.

Ender

I started as Janson, switched to Ender shortly after that, and I was also Enforcer for a short time, as well as Drizzt Do'Urden.

TheUnknown

Just to let everyone know I'm not ignoring their posts. I just can't put them on the list right now as my mom is in the hospital.

Andy

Oh, damn. Hope she gets out soon! :)

GI_Admiral

That sucks, hope she gets better soon as well

Radioactive Isotope

best wishes, Unknown :)

Princess

I started out as Princess2783 at first and then changed to Princess, and have pretty much been that ever since except for a few that I don't remember. And for niicknames, throw down Prin for me

Hope your mom gets better soon Unknown. If you want any lab stuff explained, just hit me up

Mara

weren't you Original Mara?

Maybe....

*shrugs*

Mara

Well, if Chozen says so it must be true...... :p

chozen

Well, if Chozen says so it must be true...... :p

... yes.

Mara

Well, you heard the man....

:p

TheUnknown

Okay, my mom is home now. She has been diagnosed with "Chronic Pulmonary Obstruction Disease," a lung disease that has been compounded by her years of smoking (she's trying to stop and it's been a few days but it has to start somewhere) and her allergies. I am kinda worried since that sounds like the disease that killed my paternal grandfather: Cardio Pulmonary Obstruction Disease. Don't know if they are that similar though.

I have also added to the screenames/nicknames list.

The Artist: I didn't add yours because, well, I don't know what your nickname is. As a matter of fact, I wasn't sure who you were until you posted.

Princess: I basically understood everything that happened while I was there. But I could have used some help when I got "Chronic" and "Congenital" mixed up, thinking that her problem was genetic and may be yet another genetic problem for me to worry about.

Tsl

I don't think I've ever heard of Cardio Pulmonary Obstructive Disease. Could that be pulmonary hypertension? If so, it's caused by heart failure with makes it difficult for blood to flow through the pulmonary system, creating high pressures which in turn make it even harder to get blood through the pulmonary system.

In any case, COPD (emphysema, chronic bronchitis, etc) is usually a direct result of smoking (though there is a rare congenital form of emphysemia and asthma is often grouped in with COPD and it is genetic), though I'll bet genetics play a bit of a role, as in if your family got COPD from smoking, you'd be more likely to get it if you take up smoking.

COPD could affect the heart via complications if the oxygen saturation of the blood is too low (hypoxia), but it's not considered a cardiac disease.

TheUnknown

I don't think I've ever heard of Cardio Pulmonary Obstructive Disease.  Could that be pulmonary hypertension? 

Well, my aunt told me it was Cardio Pulmonary Obstructive Disease. But it may be Pulmonary Hypertension. That's what killed my dad at 34 (it was genetic, I know that; so why I'm a little worried).

COPD could affect the heart via complications if the oxygen saturation of the blood is too low (hypoxia), but it's not considered a cardiac disease.

Ah, so that's the reason for the heart monitors and the blood thinner injections (in the stomach no less--ouch). They say her blood oxygen level got down to like 57 percent.

GreenEagle2005

Sorry to hear that

Tsl

Ah, so that's the reason for the heart monitors and the blood thinner injections (in the stomach no less--ouch). They say her blood oxygen level got down to like 57 percent.

Most heart monitors also monitor respiratory rate and alarm for apnea too.

MsSolo

Sorry to hear about your mother, Unknown. Hope things work out okay for you both.

Random note: the link to my website (under the birthday list) won't work any more. Can someone switch it to www.snoo.org/significantkinks? Of course, I can't get FTP to work on the Uni proxy just yet, so it's not like I'm updating a lot, but it'll still work better than the old one.

I can't believe I'm the only one on the list to have never changed screenname ^_^ w00t, I feel!

GI_Admiral

lol "w00t I feel!"

MsSolo

Just being me! I've always been amused at how often people cange sn's anround here, and look at me buck the trend! w00t indeed (a phrase I'm sure will amuse you too!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.