Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sticks

The Weather Lookout

Andy

We've been having a spot of wet weather lately. Started at 6am today and the River Severn, which always spills over in winter has gone a bit over the top this year and flooded the cellar.

Here's the view from the roof of where I work:

1656330_10152144425023796_715912937_n.jp

For reference, here is the Google Earth link to the same area at normal water level:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/9+Bridge+St/@52.3372692,-2.2829212,324m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4870f4acc05dbda9:0x15002ef2563f153c

Edited by Andy

TheUnknown

Yeah, we had something like that a few years ago where it probably rained for at least a week straight and flooded everything.  Ironically, it was either the year after or two years after a horrible drought where the artificial lake dried up to the point where the ruins of the town that was flooded upon its creation. 

On another note.  We just had a 4.4 earthquake. 

As if we weren't already the laughing stocks of the nation, we're making a 4.4 earthquake a big deal.  Californians are probably thinking, "Pfft, I don't even feel 4.4's anymore."  This is also after two or so inches of snow shut down the entire northern half of state for a week.  People from the North treat two inches as a light dusting.  I imagine in the spring, well have an F1 tornado so the people from the Plains can tell us how an F1 is like a gentle brease to them. 

Andy

Sounds like you're not having a good time there. :p

And don't worry, if we get half an inch of snow everybody goes crazy.

Princess

YOu guys are all snow wusses :p

Pandora

Uhhh I'm concerned about the earthquake there. And so should the rest of the country. Because that's really scary close to the New Madrid fault, which has been rumbling for years and is just waiting for a good excuse to make the Mississippi River flow backwards again.

In other news, where the hell is that 50-degree weather we were promised?

Andy

Wait, again? D:

Pandora

Yeah. It was, like... 100 years ago maybe? An earthquake in Memphis caused the river to flow north. Backwards. For hours. Imagine how confused all those catfish were!

Andy

Ah, that sounds freaky lol

Pandora

Well it ain't normal!

Andy

Bloody rivers misbehaving. What are they like... 

Ours has gone down quite a lot now, but is still flooding the carpark and riverside meadows.

Still got no draught products on offer at the pub though until the cellar has been properly cleaned.

• Upvote 1

Pandora

"Bloody rivers misbehaving"!!!! ROFL! Such a frightfully British response!

• Upvote 1

Andy

What? I can't help it! :p

Bad furday

Today I went about knocking the icicles off the roof over the entryway and near the dog's yard.  Some of those were so big...I was like "If one of these hits me in the head and I'm not killed.....I'm getting colouring books for christmas for the rest of my life!"  :p

• Upvote 1

Princess

Poor Furday.  Another 5-8 inches of snow tonight.

Pandora

Today I went about knocking the icicles off the roof over the entryway and near the dog's yard. Some of those were so big...I was like "If one of these hits me in the head and I'm not killed.....I'm getting colouring books for christmas for the rest of my life!" :p

*cracks the hell up*

Ana

Ah, the blissful teasing days of fake-Spring… right before we dive headlong back into winter rains. :( 

Andy

It's been quite sunny here lately, which seems to mean the entire West Midlands has to descend on Stourport and mak my days at work hell.

On the plus side, takings are up so we should get a bonus!

Mara

Are you away from the flooding then? My other friend mentioned some areas were flooding pretty bad.

Over here, finally getting a few days with above freezing temps. Snow's melting, slowly.

Princess

At least it's warming up then getting cold again so that we don't flood.

Mara

Yeah. Don't want a repeat of last March. 'Course that was more for lots of rain, than melt.

Princess

There are still snow drifts on the side of M-13 that are taller than my car

Mara

The drifts on the side of my driveway are taller than my car. :p

But there's one spot of grass in the backyard! Right next to a drift of about 2 feet of snow lol. And it's raining, so it's going away.

Edited by Mara

Princess

Your side of the state got about twice the snow my area got

Mara

The blessings of lake effect snow.

Andy

Note to self:

Check the weather next time; it's too warn for a jacket!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.