Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Lord of the Rings: Return Of The King

Bad furday

There's a doof named Shadowfax? Hmmmm....

*announcer voice*

"Watch in horror and awe, as your fax machine prints out a fax so dark, so evil, so difficult to see, it could only be called....Shadow Fax!"

Drake

Shadowfax is the Lord of the mearas. He's the horse that Gandalf rides. :p

Eldar Galadhon

Nice horseie!!!!!! :twisted:

Radioactive Isotope

heh. Orli looks better blonde. ;)

chozen

He looks like a woman, blonde...

Ender

Yeah, I wish Glorfindel would have been in the movie... damn you Peter Jackson!!! *Shakes fist*

Drake

Indeed. Glorfindel who killed a balrog...Glorfindel who scared off the Witch King...Glorfindel who made the prophecy about the WK that "no living man could kill him". I think that was Glorfindel at the prologue battle of FotR and not Legolas.

animtoppic.jpg

Roethlisberger

Glorfindel of Rivendell is the same Glorfindel who died while killing a Balrog?!

I thought he died!

Drake

The problem of the two Glorfindels (of Gondolin and Rivendell) was just a random name error that escaped reconsideration during publishing. Tolkien intended to change the problem by bringing the two stories together. In summary, his notes say that Glorfindel's spirit returned to the Halls of Waiting, but was after a time re-embodied by the Valar. He then returned to Middle-earth (either in the mid-Second Age, or as a companion of the Istari in the Third).

Roethlisberger

I knew about both of them, but I knew many people in Tolkien's story have the same names of other significant characters (mainly Stewards of Gondor have the same names of important characters in the story)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.