Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Radioactive Isotope

Great Books

CorSec

hehe...jk..I know what you meant.

Radioactive Isotope

i really love anything by Caroline B. Cooney. some of my favorites were Flight 116 is Down, The Randsome of Mercy Carter, Driver's Ed, Face on the Milk Carton, and Whatever Happened to Janie?

toppmatt

I like the Diamond Brothers Trilogy (comedy), and the Alex Rider Series 9action-adventure), all 7 good books by Anthony Horrowitz (Sp)

Ender

Stephen Ambrose wrote fantastic books about WWII... too bad he died. They may be a little harsh for liberals, though, since he gives reality a swift kick in the ass in his books, revealing what really happened.

General Dk Blu

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

It's a novel within a novel within a novel. Literally... so you kinda gotta think and have a good memory for detail. I loved it.

Ana

I love The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood... it's a very strong, well-written novel.

Ender

Steel My Soldier's Heart by an author I dont remember. It's about a guy who fought from North Africa to Germany in WWII, through Korea, and two tours of duty in Vietnam.

Radioactive Isotope

i read a book called Summer of my German Soldier that was really good. i think it was about a Jewish girl who fell for and helped a young German soldier. irony of ironies.

General Dk Blu

I read that book freshman year...

Andy

The Silver Sword, by Ian Serraillier.

It's based on a true story following the lives of a group of kids during and after WW2, as they move through Europe trying to find their family. I think... haven't read it in a long time, but it is really good.

Princess

i read a book called Summer of my German Soldier that was really good. i think it was about a Jewish girl who fell for and helped a young German soldier. irony of ironies.

Good book. So is the sequel, I just don't remember the name of it

TheUnknown

A Lesson Before Dying by Earnest Gaines is really good.

1984 by George Orwell and The Giver by Lois Lowery are good dystopian novels.

Jake Durron

The Spy Wore Red!!!!!!

Read it!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chozen

The Silver Sword, by Ian Serraillier.

It's based on a true story following the lives of a group of kids during and after WW2, as they move through Europe trying to find their family. I think... haven't read it in a long time, but it is really good.

Oh..... The polish one? Yeah, I read that..

Ender

Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden. It's about a Ranger/Delta Force team that was inserted into Mogadishu, Somalia to capture some hostages. It was supposed to take 30 minutes, but it turned into a 15-hour firefight in which 18 Americans died. It's a perfect example of the stupidity and selfishness of Bill Clinton and Les Aspin.

Andy

Yup, 1984 is a good good book.

So is "A Brave New World", by Aldous Huxley (sp?)

chozen

Oh so that?s how it is, huh? You don't mind acknowledging a book read by Unknown but you totally ignore my comment.. Huh? Don't want to be seen agreeing with someone who isn?t considered an intellectual unlike Unknown, huh?

:p

Just because I spell like Tarzan doesn?t mean I can?t read a book or two. Or is it the fact that I constantly misspell ?the? wrong??? :mad:

Andy

FINE!

Yeah chozen, that sound like the same book :p

chozen

Good... :)

:p

Bad furday

Well really!? *stares down his nose at everyone else* :p:lol: :wink:

chozen

Funny how such a short man can do that. :p:lol:;)

(Jk)

Bad furday

:rof:

Radioactive Isotope

i'm also a huge Shakespeare fan. Taming of the Shrew has got to be my favorite one so far. i was really upset when my english teacher told us we weren't reading any of dear ol' Billy's plays. :(

Bad furday

I'd cheer....but that's just me... :p :wink:

Dragon Tamer

lol. When I leave home (if ever, lol) I probably won't bother with a TV... 'tis a waste of money, IMO

eh. books are better anyway.

actually as much as i love to read i have to have at least an hour or 2 aweek of TV. mox=stly the news tho...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.