Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Official RPG - Chapter One

^Hal^

It was sudden. Instead of opening the bay dor, lke all the previouus stortroopers had, these ones tried something differnt. They blew the door apart, and caught Haladar's commandos unprepared. In a flurry of laserfire, four of the seven remaining commandos went down, and then the firefight became more of a slugging match, with people in cover taking potshots at each other.

Launcing himself out of cover with a front flip in the air, Haladar sliced the nearest two stromtroopers in half with a single fluid movement. Then, turning to another pair, he threw his lightsaber, manoeuvering it with the force. It chopped straight through the stormtrooper's ranks, killing many of them. Slowly, blocking blaster fire on its ways back, Haladar's lightsaber returned to his hand. Glancing to his left, Haladar saw two more of his commandos die, the last one crouching beind a barrel.

No more games thought Haladar, launching himself at the remaining stormtroppers, and slicing through their formation with the grace of a lethal dancer. No blaster bolts came anywhere near the jedi, and in seconds, the bay was once again silent.

Tis time, however, ter was only one troop left with Haladar, and he was injured by a shot to his lleg.

This is not good thougt Haladar

tahiriveila

Hmm...quite the moral dilemma here. Save cute Sith apprentice, and keep evil in this galaxy, or kill evil Sith apprentice, and finsih the mission. Hmm...something tells me that saving the cute Sith is going to win this one... She dropped to her knees, and though thoroughly exhausted, she closed her eyes, and drew on the Force. She touched his forehead with both hands, and tried to put him into a healing trance. Not going to work. He's out cold. Sith, why do I have to do everything myself? She focused, and though healing wasn't her strongpoint, she was glad to have some skill in it. She stretched out with her senses, pinpointing the worst of Jay's injuries, and began to heal them. She stopped after a few minutes. This will have to do for now. We need to finish here. She rose from the decking and left him lying there, for the time being. As she reached for her comlink, she sensed everyone else was busy, so it would be just her and Jay for now And the situation was just getting worse and worse.Sith. He really did betray us. No reason to save him... she thought. She could almost hear Master Skywalker's voice- "A Jedi's strength is compassion, Cariista." She sighed. He can't defend himself, anyways it wouldn't be fair to kill him. She sighed, and pressed her fingertips to his forehead again. She continued kneeling there, even though she knew she had to do her job. He owes me one, that's for sure. Haladar? Mel? Dan? she called. I need someone down here, when ever you can manage it. But kinda hurry, please... She continued healing him, and she could feel her energy draining, and fatigue started creeping in, but she kept healing Jay. What I would do to be a Healer like Cilghal now...

E-wing

>>>Corran dosen't seem to be hear so i'll post for him.<<<

Meanwhile, Dan and the Sith apprentice were locked in the heat of battle.

Hack, slash, dodge, and parry were the motion of the lethal dance they were ininvolved in. Dan leaped back, but the apprentice didn't follow him. Before Dan could even wonder why, the Sith lord pointed the light saber tip at him.

He twised the handle and the blade shoot out as it tripled in length. Dan twised to his left and the blade cut a shallow cut across his chest. Before the Sith apprentice could move the saber and slice the Jedi Master in two, Dan hit him with a blast of Force energy.

The Sith apprentice doubled over in pain. I didn't hit him that hard. What's going on? Then Dan noticed that the apprentice had two discolored marks on his jump suit. Blood Stains! He must have been wounded recently. So recently, that he hasn't had time to heal fully yet.

Dan got and idea. Dan hit those two spots with all a Force blast useing all his strangth. The Sith apprentice screemed out in pain. Before the apprentice could recover Dan ran forward and cut his head off.

Now I can go help someone, but who? He first impulse was to go to Melinda, but she needed to do this alone. Michael, although in the most danger of all of them, didn't want or need his help. He couldn't sence Jay anymore, so he was out cold or dead, and Riista was getting weaker by the minute. She will pass out soon at this rate, but that weird alien they brought with them was going there already. That only left Haladar in the docking bay with his small number of remaining comandos.

"Hold on Haladar. I'm on my way." Dan said to himself as he ran off.

MsSolo

Aurora felt the force flow through her, and she fought not to scream. Hatred Ami was unconcious, Reep dead. Kotor had shielded himself, but despite that Aurora knew it was only a matter of time. But she didn't want to run and help. She felt a sting of grief, guilt and quiet triumph run through at, at the thought of the Sith Lord's defeat. She hoped the jedi would show compassion, and let him live, let him know and despair of his defeat. Mercy was the cruelest of all ends to a battle.

This time, when Aurora landed, she did hit Melinda. THe girl screamed and her legs buckled. Aurora found herself grappling hand-to-hand with the girl, forcing her to the ground. Unfortunately, Aurora only had two hands, but the girl was willing to bring legs, elbows and even her head into play. Aurora fell back, stunned.

"Why are you doing this?" the girl asked softly.

Aurora didn't reply. She couldn't.

"I know you've been hurt in your life, and so have I. Why do you hate the jedi?"

"They're the ones who hurt me."

"I don't believe that for a second."

"Really? I do." Aurora launched herself into the air again, one leg extended, aimed directly for Melinda's face. Mel grabbed the foot and twisted, knocking Aurora to the floor, but Aurora managed to bring her other foot into play and kicked Melinda squarely in the face. Blood streamed for her nose.

"If they hadn't taken you in, where would you be now?" Auroa sked from her prone position on the floor. "In ten years from now, where would you be? Selling your body to stay alive or selling your skills, a mercenary, a bounty hunter, or a lady of leisures" Aurora spat the last word, making it's meaning all too clear to the girl.

"I don't know. They did find me, and I don't care what would have happened, what might have happened." I'd be where she is now, Aurora picked up the girl's thought, I'd ahte whoever did it to me and I'd be willing to do anything for revenge, and to help myself.

"You're right about helping myself, but not about revenge. This is about justice."

"This isn't. I never hurt you, I never even knew you."

Aurora flinched, recognising the arguments within herself. unfortunately, so did Melinda.

"If you really want what's just, you'd be helping us, not Kotor Ami. You wouldn't be about to help an evil man kill millions of innocent people. We would help you find whoever killed your people, and put him on trial."

Aurora puched herself up from the floor and hit Melinda squarely in the face. The girl staggered back, with her lip now bleeding as well as her nose. She used the force to shove Aurora backwards, but Aurora only stepped back, abosrbing the rest of the blast. She felt no ill-intent, only pity.

"I don't believe in evil. And I belive it was a jedi who did it. The words 'Let the Sith die, let the galaxy become a better place' were scrawled across the white walls and trellis's in the blood of my friends' and kinsmen."

Melinda paused, shocked by this revelation. "Someone tried to frame us. No jedi would actully do that."

"There are jedi downstairs, killing innocent people, whose only mistake was to follow someone they believed in. Kyp Durron blew up a planet, killed billions of people, and wasn't even punished, because he was a jedi, vouched for by other jedi. You don't respect the lives of the 'little' people, the slaves and followers and believers, you're all too wrapped up in the big picture, the big fight between good and evil, to notice who you're trampling, who you're killing. YOu don't care about those who aren't jedi, or associated with jedi. Imperials aren't evil, they jsut have a different point of view, but killing a stormtrooper doesn't even cause a twinge of guilt, does it?" Melinda took a step back, frightened by this sudden outburst.

"I just stunned them," she murmured.

"In one of the bays, a comrade of yours is cutting them in half. How does that make you feel? It was a jedi who killed my people, assuming that because their point of view differed from his or her own, they were sith. They weren't!" A single tear slid down Aurora's cheek, making Melinda a blurred outline.

"I understand that. Even if it was a jedi, we can bring them to justice," Melinda pleaded.

Aurora brushed the tear away, almost prepared to succumb to this soft-voiced girl, so like herself at that age. At least no one would take away her firends. Another sudden blast hit her, and anger flared again. More people were dead, more pilots this time, and Kyp Durron was out there! She screamed, a primal sound that sent shivers down the spines of all those around her, concious or unconcious.

A blast of lightning shot from her hand, a trick she had learnt from Kotor Ami. Rage gave her the power to throw it, but she knew that, despite what the jedi believed, she'd still be able to do it when she was perfectly happy. Melinda dropped to the ground, jerking and twitching.

Aurora strode over and stood over the girl. "Lie not. Durron is here, and he has not changed. If he was forgiven, for what all agreed was a hideously evil act, and is allowed to continue with the same attitude, why should you do anything to punish someone who eliminated competition?" She kicked the girl, the raised her hands to deliver a final blow.

Rogue

Melinda had no time to think, as the force lightning ran over her body. She fell to the ground, and cried out in pain. Such pain!, as if I'm burning from the inside out... She couldn't move. That is she couldn't control her movements. She was aware of her unconcious twitching. As a Jedi, she was prepared for death, should it come, But not here. Not now. The cost is too high! I have to protect Maer. There was no time to call for help, and she doubted any would arrive anyway.

Aurora walked over and stood over her. "Lie not. Durron is here, and he has not changed. If he was forgiven, for what all agreed was a hideously evil act, and is allowed to continue with the same attitude, why should you do anything to punish someone who eliminated competition?" Then, she kicked her. Her hands raised to deliver another blow, a bolt of lightning. The final blow...

She screamed as the bolt washed over her. A scream full of pain and Agony. She looked into her opponents eyesone last time, before closing them, and reached out to the force...like she never had before... (all this happens in about a second...but seems like so much more...)She submitted herself fully, and felt it's Awesome power flow through her, uncontrolled. Flow out of her... and towards....

Aurora.

She opened her eyes, to see Aurora scream,A scream more of Rage, and Surprise then anyting else, as she headed towards the wall, oposite Melinda. She hit hard, and blood flowed from the back of her head. Melinda picked herself up , A painful process. She leaned on a console for support and looked down at herself in disbelief.

I did...that? she asked herself, before returning her gaze to Aurora. She was still pinned against the wall, eyes open in disbelief. Melinda gasped.

"How did you---?" The force-strong woman asked unbelieving.

"I- I- don't know." Mel replied warily, as she wiped blood from her lips.

"You can't possibly keep this up for long!" She sneered. "You may be strong in the force, Very strong. "she paused, as if realizing the betrayal in her own words."Your just a Padawan....You don't have the control! And, your dieing!"

True, all of it, She was indeed dieing, though were the strength came from, she had no idea. It couldn't be hers! Or could it...

"I know." She said as she locked gazes with the woman. "But you must listen to me!" She pleaded, it was her only chance. She might not get out of here today, but Maerthan had to have enough time to do his job. She could not let more innocents die, today.

Aurora snickered. "Listen, " Mel repeated. Her breathing was shallow now, and her left hand was still twitching. "So-me Jedi, do have a pr-ob-lem acc-ept-ing other for-ce users, and Yes, Jed-i some-times must kill in bat-tle, but-they don't do it out of ra-ge."

Aurora wasn't so easily convinced. "And what of Kyp Durron? Did he not destroy Carida in cold-blood?" she growled.

"Kyp wa-s un-der the influ-ence of a Sith lo-rd then."She paused." Much like yourself. That's the real magic of -the Je-di. They ha-ve the abi-lity to for-give." She paused, as a question was finally answered. Why hadn't it occured to her before? Such a simple answer. "Much li-ke Master Skyw-alker fo-rga-ave me..."

She gasped for air, as it was becoming harder and harder to breathe. She couldn't hold her in the force any longer. Aurora was released from her uncontroled grip, as Mel's knees buckled, and she fell to the floor.

^Hal^

There were stortroopers all over the bay now. Haladar's last commando had died minutes ago, and he was now standing, with his back to the shuttle, repelling a constant flurry of blaster bolts. Most times when he deflected one it would go back at the person who fired it, and there were now over 60 stortrooper corpses in a wide ring around Haladar. However, more were flooding into the bay at all times. Haladar was so deep in the force, he didn't notice anything other than the stormtroopers and his lightsaber. It seemed that it was a stalemate.

But it isn't thought Haladar. Eventually my arms will tire, and I will die, the shutle will be destroyed and the others'll have no way out of here...

He blocked another spread of blaster shots, and three more stormtroopers fell. Then another, and another.

Or maybe I'll kill all the troops on this sithspawned ship first

More blaster bolts came his way, and then he noticed a small group of stormtroopers attaching a small device to the side of the shuttle. Quickly using the force he sent the troops flying backwards into a wall, and then flung the charge into the middle of the group of troops attacking him. As soons as it had hit the floor, he activated the 5 second fuse. However, he had a problem. His momentary use of concentration on the explosive had lowered his lightsaber guard. He brought is lightsaber up as quickly as he could, but realised that he could only deflect one of the two blaster bolts heading his way. He knew what he had to do.

Moving uickly, with force enhanced speed, he brought his lightsaber up to deflect the first bolt, then, he moved his bare hand down into the path of the second. Letting imself fall deeply into the flow of the force, he waited. Suddenly, with an instant of searing heat, the blaster bolt connected with his hand. However, it did not vapourize his lower arm as it should have done. Instead, he absorbed almost all the energy from the blast, sending it to his muscles, replenishing them. He turned again, to deflect two more blaster bolts, his moderately burned hand giving him a little pain. Then, the charge exploded.

It was a pretty large explosion to happen indoors, and stormtroopers flew to all sides of te room. Haladar only just managed to use the foce to push away a large crate tat was going for his head. After the smoke and dust had cleared, Haladar stood and looked at the carnage he had wrought. The only sounds were those of injured and groaning stormtroopers.

Now we've got a bit more time he thought grimly...

MsSolo

Aurora stared at the girl, twitching still on hte floor. Forgiveness, she swallowed, not justice. Justice can be a nice word for revenge, and Mercy for pychological torture, but forgiveness, that is real. She stomach flipped as she felt the life ebb from the girl. Yes, she could still demand justice, but the girl had never done anything to hurt her, indeed, had helped her once. At least, she hadn't killed her.

Aurora knew that, were it to ever happen, if she found the person who had killed her people, she would not be able to forgive them. Not fully. It had been a deliberate act, an act of hatred and derison, but Melinda hadn't been talking about acts like that. Kyp had been under another's control, though to what extent Aurora still doubted, and he had been forgivenen because he felt what he had done was wrong.

Aurora knew full well that what she had just done was wrong, and she also knew with a type of regret that she had been forgiven. Melinda had no intention of leaving this galaxy without having forgiven those who had hurt her. Aurora hadn't understood the refernce to Luke Skywalker, but she understood what she had to do now.

Clutching the pendant, she crawled over Melinda. She had predicted that someone would die during the fight, and she had decided it wouldn't be her. SHe looked over the girl and saw her haloblade lodged into one of the men who had been working on the bridge before the fight began. At least he'd been unconcious.

Aurora had been taught that there wre five elements: Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, and the one that bound them together, Life. A jedi, she had been taught, could utilise any and all of these elements, providing they were willing to accept the balance. To provude fire, they must allow for more water, to create wind, allow for movement of earth. And to give life, they must be prepared to have it taken away.

She hung the pendant around the girl's neck, noting with relief that Melinda was still breathing, though barely. She knew without looking what was wrong, all of the gril's nerve endings were fired and her sensory system shot to pieces. She'd heard that a similar condition had afflicted Skywalker himself after his infamous last battle with the Emperor.

Aurora took a deep breath and place both hands on the girl's chest, and plunged herself into the force. She could see and aura around the girl, and it glimmered like Aurora's namesake, colours flashing and undulating around her body. In some areas it was already beginning to turn black.

Aurora looked down at her own aura, unnerved by the deep magenta's and purples that flickered across, a sign of her recent temperloss. Slowley, concentrating hard, she forced Melinda's aura into lighter shades, rippling out across the luminescent tent white lines glowed.

Aurora concentrated, and forced the aura back into Melinda. The white began to concentrate in certain areas, changing the blacks into dark greys, and then into lighter ones. Aurora's own aura was flashing near-black now, and she knew she couldn't heal the girl completely without killing herself. A compromise then; they could both be barely concious and very weak, but both emphatically alive. Auroa wondered dazedly if the jedi had a different healing method, one that wouldn't wipe her out like this.

A white blanket shone throught Melinda's skin now, grey in some places, and almost black still in one or two. She wouldn't have much sensation of touch for a while, Aurora knew. At least it would keep her from feeling the pain she aught to.

Aurora withdrew form hte force, and the auras faded into nothing. She struggled to her feet and retrieved her haloblade from it's uinfortunate recipient, a casualty of war, Aurora supposed. As Melinda's eyes fluttered open, Aurora struggled to keep her's from doing the opposite, and she sank to the floor again. Perhaps now she deserved a little of the forgiveness Melinda had offered.

Rogue

She lay on the floor, barely concious. She could no longer feel any pain, but was instead mostly numb. her vision was blurring, and she could barely make out the scene before her. Everything around her seemed to be shrouded in shadow.

All Melinda had wanted to do, with those last words, was to stall, to give Maer the much needed time to do his job, to help to save lives. And... To forgive Aurora. Somewhere inside herself, she knew that this woman, never wanted to hurt her.

Aurora crawled over to her, clutching a pendant around her neck. Melinda braced herself, as the woman had done this before, and, had delivered a mean blow. At this point, the blow would be a final one, most likely endind her life then and there. But the blow never came....

Instead, the force-strong woman, placed the pendant around her neck....She felt a set of hands press gently on her chest. her vision blurred even more, if that was possible She closed her eyes.. But then....

Suddenly, she could feel pain in her right arm, and then her whole body. She would have cried out in pain, if she could, but instead she gasped, and realized that she was breathing easier now. The hands came off of her chest, and her pain had been weakened enough for her to open her eyes. What she saw was....Aurora. She looked weak now, and slumped to the floor.

Melinda reached out to the force, gaining strength. She slowly crawled over to Aurora, and helped her into a nearby chair. "Thank you." she whispered.

Mel stole a look around the room. No new trouble was to be found. She did, however see a med-kit not too far away. She crawled over, and opened it. it didn't have much inside, just a few containers of liquid bacta, and a few bacta patches. She took the time to apply some bacta to a few cuts she had, including her nose, and her lip, before applying some to Aurora's cuts, including the back of her head, where she was bleeding the most. Not much, but it will have to do for now. Mel did know, that both would need better medical attention later though. As soon as the mission is over.

She sat down, and waited for Maer to finish.

MsSolo

Aurora would have thanked Melinda in return, but found she couldn't. She appreciated the bandage placed on the back of her head, the blood from the wound had turned her white cape a soft pink, but most of all she ws grateful that Melinda didn't expect or want any thanks.

Aurora rested her head, and whole upper body, on one of the shorted-out consoles. It was cold beneath her face, and Aurora was grateful for that too. Her head was burning. She was vaguely aware that Melinda was toying with the pendant stil looped around her neck, and a smile crept around the corners of her mouth.

Aurora was suddnely suprised to realise that there was another being in the room. Melinda had only fought to allow said being to complete whatever task he had been set. Aurora wondered if that fight had caused too many distraction, had possibly resulted in a mistake, but now it was all over it no longer mattered, at least not to her.

Aurora pushed herself up onto her elbows and stared at the girl, who was leaning against one of the other consoles. The girl gave a brief but friendly wave, and Aurora nodded in reply. That done, she sank back to the ground to catnap until she was needed. As she drifted off, she heard the soft snick of the doors locking, and knew that they were trapped. She didn't even care.

Master MJade

As Ka'al walked down the hall, she pased stormtrooper that were starting to wake up from some one's stun. Ka'al decided to stun them agian just so that couldn't warn anyone.

"Well, they will be waking up with a mege-headache." muttered Ka'al as she took her blaster and stunned the troopers.

Further down she heard what she thought was lightsabers battling each other. All of a sudden they stopped. Ka'al broke in to a run. what she say brought her up short.

Cranti. who's trying to kill whom?

"Ahem.", said Ka'al to Cariista. "Do need help?"

The Jedi started and spun around bringing her lightsaber up into a defencive postion.

"Don't worry. The...Jedi... or sith.. or what ever he is, he needs help and trhe only place rught noe that is safe enough is the shuttle bay. So, Jedi would do you say? Need help?"

"okay, I'll come with you... not sure if i got your name."

"Ka'al Tykor."

"Ka'al. Let's go. you take one arm and i'll take the other."

"And if we run into stormtroopers?"

"Well, i guess you had better have a good shot."

i guess the mission to find her will hafta be put on hold thought Ka'al as she helped drag the Sith/Jedi to the Shuttle bay.

Andy

Jay felt himself moving. I'm not dead.

His feet dragged along the floor and when he opened his eyes, he hoped that the red patches on the corridor floor wasn't his blood, but he knew it was.

"Wait!" Riista said suddenly "I think he's coming round!"

Riista and Ka'al stopped and propped Jay up against a wall.

"What's happening?" he somehow managed to say.

"We're getting you back to the shuttle, you're injured." said Ka'al, as if Jay might not have noticed himself.

"What about the engine room?" he asked

"I took care of it" Riista said, "As long as the other team have done their job, the ship should be more or less under our control now."

"Good." Jay said. "I think I can walk myself now".

Riista and Ka'al exchanged worried glances. "Are you sure?" asked Ka'al.

"No, but I'd rather make my own way back"

Just then, a patrol of stormtroopers came around the corner and started blasting down at them. They dived for cover in the nearest door.

Jay instinctively reached for his lightsaber, then realised it wasn't there. Neither of them were.

When Ka'al and Riista had finished taking care of the stormtroopers, he spoke to Riista.

"What happened to my lightsabers?"

"One of them was lost under the rubble, we couldn't get it." she said. "I have the other one."

"Can I have it?" he asked.

"Maybe." Riista said. She probed the Force and was surprised when she found that the dark side presence she had felt before was not there.

"What if we meet more troops?" he asked.

"I hardly think you are in a condition to fight." Ka'al said, laughing.

"The hanger is just around this corner anyway." Riista said

They stepped into the hanger and saw a huge mass of dead bodies.

"Help me." Jay said, and Riista realised that the only way Jay had managed to limp as far as he had, was because he was using the wall for support.

Riista and Ka'al helped Jay back over to the shuttle.

"What happened to you?" Haladar asked Jay

"Long story," said Riista, "I'll tell you later."

They took Jay into the shuttle and lay him down and used a lot of bacta patches.

"I'm glad you're back - I don't know how much longer I could have lasted" Haladar told them.

"Looks like you've been busy" a voice said.

"Dan," Haladar said "It doesn't look like I need any help anymore."

"I can tell" said Dan as he stepped over some corpses, and headed towards the shuttle.

"We havn't got much time left" Haladar said. "I hope everyone makes it back soon".

^Hal^

Haladar took Riista to one side.

"Did he betray you, like I said?" he asked.

"Yes," replied Riista. "He turned on me near the engine room. I was lucky Ka'al turned up. He managed to get the jump on me, because I didn't listen to you..."

"Don't wory about it. I'd have had a hard time swallowing my story if I was you." said Haladar.

Suddenly, a premonition washed over Haladar.

"Get down!" he yelled, turning round.

Several stormtroopers rushed into the bay, meeting Haladar, lightsaber blazing, head on. Riista dived to the side, narrowly avoiding a blaster shot, then came up, her own lightsaber burning. Dan joined them. Side by side by side they managed to deflect all the bolts and defeat the stormtroopers quickly, but Riista was exhausted.

"You look tired," said Haladar.

"I'll manage," replied Riista.

"Go inside the ship and rest. I'll hold them here."

E-wing

Michael continued his fight against Kotor Ami. To someone watching their fight they would appear as two equally mached blurs. But that was not the truth. The truth is i'm losing.

When they started the duel they were pretty much equal. Michael, with his advanced Force powers had the advantage in speed, strength, and danger sence. Unfortunately, Kotor Ami had more combat experience and was far more skilled with the saber then Michael. This more then made up for his lack of power.

They were going at it for a while with neather one winning. When the one of the Sith Lord's apprentices died and the other turned to what they called the light side, it didn't seem to affect Kotor Ami at all. The same could not be said for Michael. When he felt Melinda being hit by the Force bolt he lost his concentration. The Sith Lord took advance of this and managed to knock one of Michael's sabers from his hand. He didn't have time to get it back.

Now Michael fought a losing battle. He was able to keep Kotor Ami at bay with two sabers. With one he was slowly falling behind.

Then it happened. Michael made his last mistake. He swung with a little to much power as the Sith lord dodge back. The motion carried the saber down and to the right. Kotor Ami saw his opening and attacked. He slashed at the left side of Michael's waist. The Sith lord ment to cut Michael in half. There was nothing Michael could to stop it. The saber hit and started cutting through Michael's armor.

Then the saber turn off. The sudden lose of the saber blade and the resistance of the saber cutting throught Michael's body made Kotor Ami fall off balance. Michael, acting quickly, made an upper cut and hit him in the arm pit. He cut the Sith lords right arm clean off. The his arm and his saber fell to the floor.

Kotor Ami stumbled back. "How!?! How did you stop my saber?" yelled Kotor Ami.

"It's cortosis ore." said Michael as he taped his hand on his armor. "You think I would be stupid enough to go into a fight with a master duelist and not have planed ahead." The armor may have stoped the saber from killing me, but i still got cut. I got finsh this now. Before I lose to much blood.

Kotor Ami started laughing. He is totally insane! "Your not the only one who prepare for the worst." said Kotor Ami as he pull out some sort of device. He put his thumb a plate on the device.

Just then an alarm went off. "One Minute to self destroced." said a computer voice.

"Your mad! What about your people? They will die too." said Michael.

"You think I care about them. If I 'm going down i'm taking you and your friend with me!" said Kotor Ami.

"No. Just you." said Michael and he teleported to the bay.

Kotor Ami look at the spot where Michael just was. "NOOOOOOO!!!" He yelled.

Michael appeared in the bay. He fell to his knees. Between the fight with Kotor Ami my wound i'm almost out of energy. He looked at the 3 others in the Bay. "Dan, Where are the other? We need to get out of here. Now."

"Jay is on the shuttle. Mel and Maer are still on the bridge. They will not make it here in time." said Dan.

"Yes they will." said Michael as he used most of his remaining power to teleport Melinda and Maerthan to the bay.

"What the Sith!?!" said Maerthan.

Michael collapsed. "Michael!" yelled Melinda as she ran to him. She put her hand on his side and it came away bloody. There was a look of terror on Melinda.

"I'll be fi-ne. We h-ave to g-et ou-t of he-re." said Michael.

"But Aurora is still on the bridge. You have to save her too." said Melinda.

"What is Aurora doing here?" asked Haladar.

"Questions late. Saveing Now!" said Melinda.

"Ok" said Michael. He used the last of his power to teleport Aurora to the bay. Then Michael was fell asleep.

"Let's go!" said Dan.

They all got on the shuttle. Melinda had to drag Michael on bored. Dan and Haladar (the only two pilots that were not falling asleep) flew the shuttle out of the bay and to the shield.

"What do we do now? Michael is out cold." said Haladar.

"Have no fear. Maerthan is here." Maerthan puched a few buttons on his data pad and the shield droped. "Am I good or am I good."

"Your good. Let's go!" yelled Dan.

They started flying away from the star destoryer as it blew. The shuttle got hit by a energy wave and the lights went out.

A few moments later the dim emergency lights came on.

"Is every one ok?" asked Dan. He got reponses from everyone but Michael. Melinda said he was still out.

"We lost everything save for the lights, life sapport, and and emergency locater." said Haladar.

Just then the inside of the shuttle lit up with laser fire from outside. Luke's fleet had showen up and was warring with the Sith fleet. Those inside the shuttle could do nothing.

(Ok everyone. It's rap up time. Everyone gets a "final thoughts" post. Your character can give there thought about everything that has happened. Remember where stuck in the shuttle and Michael is out cold. I'll make the final post of the story tomarrow night, so you have ontill then.)

MsSolo

Aurora was sitting on the floor of the shuttle, studiously ignoring everyone else. She had refused to be given 'proper' medical attention and now seemed to have been forgotten. SHe liked it that way.

The teleportation had confused her slightly, but she put that down to an unusual kind of travel sickness. She had just moved at high speed through several walls etc by being taken down to her component atoms then being put back together again. She just hoped no one ever actually created a machine that did the same.

THe teleportation had done something else for her as well. It had stopped her from having to use Muppit as a key. Kotor Ami's death had not only triggered the self-destruct, but also locked every single door on the ship. The guilt of owning such an illeagal and impossible piece of technology weighed heavy on Aurora, and she realised with a sinking sensation that she actually would have been happy had Muppit been discovered and taken away from her.

Aurora stared forewards at the jedi, all lost in their own thoughts for the time being. She couldn't join them, that she knew. The hacker was wondering why on earth someone who had been aligned with Kotor was with them, Hatred (no, she corrected herself, it's Jay now) was slightly amused that Aurora had joined them, and so on. Aurora didn't have the energy to probe for anything other than thoughts relatiing to herself.

As soon as they landed, wherever they landed, Aurora intended to leave them. She had the discs, and she had Muppit, and she had the Angels who by now would be almost frantic with worry for their leader. Her ship was still on Yavin Four, and she would have to retrieve it before the jedi found it, but she could take care of that later.

Aurora still didn't believe that it wasn't a jedi who had kiled her people, and that they wouldn't forgive them, but now she was more comfortable with that idea. It would depend, of course, on the why and wherefores, but she now thought she might be able to forgive them herself. She could certainly drop the subject. It no longer consumed her as it once had, it was no longer her only reason for being; she had other reasons now. She didn't hate the jedi, either, but she still found their ways and philosophies strange and, well, wrong. But forgiveness? That no longer felt wrong. It could even go hand-in-hand with justice, if she put the effort in.

Auorra realised with a jolt that whoever had given her Muppit must surely be on board this ship. She had stowed away on Melinda and Dan's ship once, she had run into Jay several times while under the employ of Kotor Ami and the only other person who might have slipped Muppit into her pocket, Kotor Ami himself, was dead. No one else on Kotor's ship had ever come close enough to her to do it, not even Reep.

Auorra sighed, I guess I will be sticking around, for a while at least.

Master MJade

As Ka'al looked around at the tired bunch of Jedi she realized finally what she was missing. I guess being the youngest in an elite commando group doesn't help the friend situtition any and neither does my family heritage thought Ka'al. Ka'al really wanted to stay and help the Jedi with whatever came thier way. But duty calls..as always.

Ka'al felt someone looking at her. as she turned to see who it was she was startled to see that Aurora had made it to the shuttle. So now i guess my mission wasn't a complete failure by Rykoron standards

Ka'al decided to not let the Angel leader know that she knew who she was, but to concentrate on how in the name of the gods she was going to survive.

Rogue

Melinda carefully applied bacta to Michael's side. He was still unconcious, but he had sustained a nasty wound. A wound that Melinda could not help with much. He's going to need a few dips in a bacta tank. Melinda thought. Then again, don't we all?

She sat down in the floor next to him, and sighed. It had been a long day for everyone, and everyone was exhausted. Including her master, whether he wanted to believe it or not. She leaned back against the wall, looking at Michael, and hoping he would come to soon. You and your heroics.... she sighed, and ran her fingers through his hair.

She knew so much more now than she had a mere hour ago. She now knew why Master Skywalker had accepted her to the accadamy, why he had asked her to go, despite the trouble she had caused. The pain that knowledge cost.... unconciously, her hand moved up to her lip, where it had been bleeding not too long ago. Now the blood was dry.

She looked to Aurora, and found it ironic. Only in helping someone did she find her answers. How good it felt to help someone! In the past, helping someone got her nowhere. But that was in the past. Now she had to build a future, and she had a feeling she'll make a great Jedi someday...or so she hoped.

^Hal^

Haladar sat in the pilot chair was in the engine room, trying to fix the engines so they could get back quicker . Gotta work he thought. Wounded on board. As one of the few from the strike team who didn't take any injuries, he had to do work. With most of the others resting, Dan piloting and Melinda doing what little medical work she could, most of the work was left to Haladar. He heard Melinda sigh with exhaustion.

"Mel, there's nothing more you can do for him. Go get some rest," he said.

"I want to help, I'm okay," she replied.

"You're not okay, you were this close to dying in there. If necessary, I'll order you, as I am a knight and you are an apprentice, but I'd rather it didn't go that far. Go get some rest. I have a look at him in a minute."

"Alright," she grrumbled, heading for a bunk.

Turning back to where he was working, he added the last few new parts, and then put the access plates back on.

"Okay Dan, try throttling up to 50%, but take it slow," he said.

Dan did so, and thankfully, nothing in the engine room exploded. That would have been embarrassing. thought Haladar. The heroic jedi suddenly all killed when something on their damages ship exploded.. Slowly, the ship picked up speed.

"Good work Hal," said Dan, "you just shaved 30 minutes off our ETA.

"No problem," replied Haladar.

He got up and walked over to where Michael was lying on the deck, and for the first time since the wound, he noticed his burnt hand.

"oops," he muttered, "should'a done something about that..."

Quickly going over to the medkit he picked up a tube of salve, and applied it to his hand. Then, he walked back to Michael. He moved Mel's bacta patch aside and laid his hands on Michael. One on his forehead, the other on his wound. Reaching out to the force, he channeled the healing energy of the lightside into Michael. After a few minutes, with the wound noticeably better, but still life threatening, Haladar let go. Don't mention it said Haladar through the force.

Then Haladar got up, and took the copilot seat next to Dan.

All in a days work for a Jedi, I guess...

Andy

Jay sat in the shuttle.

He was feeling better already, although he would still probably have to spend a bit of time in a bacta tank to heal better. Especially his leg. How he had managed to stand on it was a miracle enough. Blood was even soaked through the bacta patches.

He looked out of the viewport into the battle. This is all my fault, he thought, I betrayed the Jedi, yet they still saved me.

He felt extremely guilty about what he had done. And figured he needed some time to clear his head.

"Riista." he said, "As soon as we get back to Yavin 4, I'm leaving."

"But why, I thought you were with us now" she replied

"I need some time alone." He was well aware that certain members of the group still doubted he was on their side for real now, but he didn't care.

"I suppose" she said

"Here," he said as he took of the necklace he had always worn, "have it."

"I can't" she insisted.

"I want you to," he said, "When I have gone, I want you to remember me, because I will always remember you."

She paused for a moment, then said "Thanks". But just turned it over in her hand.

"I have to get some sleep" he said. "I'll need it for the journey away"

He closed his eyes and thought of his former master, Kotor Ami, and hoped he was dead. But somehow, he had a feeling he would be back. And I'll be here to stop him. he thought, I wonder what Master Skywalker is going to make of all this when we explain it to him...

tahiriveila

Riista fingered the necklace thoughtfully as she sat there. She smiled to herself. Well, that's one less Sith the galaxy has to worry about. Not too bad for a day's work. She frowned as she realized that she would have to get back with her squadron soon. Otherwise, the Commander just might demote me... and that wouldn't be good. Well, I'll talk to squadron later. Got to worry about the problems at hand. She rose, and placed the necklace around her neck,and made her way towards the head of the ship to see where she could help.

E-wing

It was one week later. Jay was long gone. The Sith Fleet was destroyed. Kotor Ami was presumed dead when his star ship was destroyed. I don't believe that for a minute.

Michael was at a meeting in Jedi HQ on Coruscant (or at least the place that the Jedi where using until there space station was fixed). Michael looked around the room. There were 10 people in the room if he counted himself. He was leaning against a wall near the door. Melinda was seated next to him. Dan, Raana (she is ok now), Maerthan, Cariista, Haladar, Ka'al, and Aurora were also seated around the room. Luke was standing at the front of the room.

"I like to thank everyone for coming." said Luke. "I asked you all here because there is something I wish to speak to you about."

"Not the Sith Lord I hope." said Aurora. "I would prefer to think that was over and done with."

"No, Not the Sith Lord. It's something else altogether. Something that, I hope, will involve all of you." said Luke then he waited for the murmurs to die down. "These event with the Sith Lord and....." Luke paused for a minute as he glanced at Michael. "other things have made me reconsider an idea I had a while back."

"What idea Master Luke?" asked Dan.

"My idea was to form a task force made of both Jedi and non-Jedi with special skills. This force would be the first wave against all Dark Forces that threaten this galaxy. They would be named after a group of people who stood by the Jedi of the Old Republic and aid them in all the ways possible. They were the Rangers. This Group would be the New Rangers for the New Jedi Order. I want you, all of you, to be the first members of this Group. But each of you must decide for his or her self." said Luke.

The room was silent for a moment. Then Dan spoke. He said "I will join this group."

"If my master is to be a Ranger I will to." said Melinda.

"Dan is my best friend. I have done a lot with him. Joining the Rangers will just be another thing to add to the list.

"I am so in." said Haladar.

"It would be a dream come true." said Maerthan.

"I wasn't planing to stay, but what you ask is a great honor. It's is my pleasure to join the Rangers." said Ka'al.

Then Luke turned to the 3 who hadn't said anything.

"I would, but I have responsiblities to Bolt Squadron. I have been gone too long already. Thank you, but I can't. I will say this: If you ever need air support call me. Me and my squadron will be there." said Cariista.

"I can join you. I still don't completely trust the Jedi, but I am willing to give you Rangers the benefit of the doubt. You can think of me as an ally." said Aurora.

Luke looked at Michael and said "Should I even ask?"

"My answer is no. My answer will always be no and you know that. I will however be hanging around for obvious reasons." said Michael as he glanced at Melinda. Then he turned back to Luke. "This is just non of my concern."

"I understand." said Luke.

"One Question. Who is the leader?" asked Maerthan.

"I will give you your assignments, but in the field Master Strum will be in charge. He is the master among you after all." said Luke.

"Thank you Master Skywalker. As my first act as leader of the Rangers is to buy everyone a lomin ale right now." said Dan as he got out of his seat and move to the door, but stoped before leaving the room. He looked at Luke. "That is if we're done here."

Luke smiled and said "Yes, we're done. You and the others go on. I have some work to do."

Dan turned and walked out the door and the others in the room moved to follow him. Everyone but Michael. Melinda noticed and asked "Are you coming?"

"I'll be there in a few minutes. I need to speak to Shywalker alone for a moment. After that I'll mean you at the bar." said Michael. Melinda smiled, kissed him, and walked out. "Well?"

"I have spoken to the right people and everything is set." said Luke as he handed Michael a data pad. "That's everything you will need when the time comes."

"I hope you haven't told anyone that didn't need to know." said Michael.

"Only Mara." said Luke.

"I guess that's ok. Some of it is about her. I better get doing." said Michael.

"May the Force be with you." said Luke.

"May It light your path and keep you safe." said Michael and he walk out of the room. He headed for the turbo lifts. There standing in front of them was Melinda. "I thought I told you I'd mean you at the bar?"

"You did. I wanted to wait." said Melinda with a smile.

"Ok. By the way, I want to know what you think of this." said Michael as he handed her something he got from his coat. "I made it in my free time this last week."

"It's a lightsaber." said Melinda. "How could you make this so fast? I never saw you working on it."

"Mel, I a genius mechanic with super Force powers. I could make a lightsaber in a few hours if i need. Now tell me what you think." said Michael.

Melinda looked over the saber. Then she turned it on. It had a Ice-blue blade. "It feels like it's a part of my arm. A part of me. It's also incredibly beautiful." said Melinda.

"I'm glad you like it. It's yours." said Michael.

"Mine?" asked Melinda.

"I have talk to Dan about this. He think it's too early to make your own saber, but not too early to begain training with one. So I made this for you." said Michael.

Melinda hugged Michael a said "Thank you."

"Your welcome." said Michael. Then he kissed her. "Let's go."

The End!