Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Here We Go!!

Andy

Three members of an ITV News crew from the UK have gone missing while travelling to Basra in Iraq. A fourth member of the team escaped, and told how they came under attack, and was seperated from his colleagues.

Link

ok not to be mean or anything but the stupid new casters have no business being over there. If they get lost it's their own stupidity

Andy

Uh they didn't "get lost" they were attacked by Iraqi forces...

Apparently a RAF Tornado has been shot down by a US Patriot Missile, and the crew are missing, presumed dead.

It seems that most of the casulties so far have been accidents. :-?

Link

point proven. they're not trained for combat so why the hell are they over there? they asked for it from the get go

chozen

But it still is quite intresting for people to know whats happening... But still they've exceptted there fait by going over there so they should except if they get killed...

(does that make sense?)

Link

ok how much sense does it make for us to send news anchors over there, tell us what move the military is making next knowing the our enemies are hearing it? Let's give it away. Hand the war to them.

chozen

None at all, but they only tell the people after they've done it...

Link

no they don't. the attack on Baghdad was set to a certain time not to be given out and the idiot news anchors gave it away!

chozen

Maybe they control the news more tightly in our country? I'm not sure...

Link

who knows but news anchors are just bad all around

chozen

Sure are, they'll do anything for a story. Doesn't matter who they hurt..

Link

exactly. and the only reason they shut down the other night is because they found Iraqi camps and tanks.

Princess

How about the fact that alledgedly an American soldier threw a gernade into the tent of fellow soldiers and wounded 13?

chozen

I know nothing about that.

Princess

It was on MSNBC last night.

chozen

Oh, i see...

chozen

Oh, i see... I knew this would happen though when people start the war, a lot more countries will come online.

Andy

I heard about it on BBC.

Princess

My dad just told me that Iraq has some POWs and some of them were shown shot execution style. A major violation of the Geneva Convention, which Iraq is a part of. They were also showing the faces of the POWs on TV which is not allowed. My prayers are with the families of the POWs.

Link

They can show POW's as long as the commander gives consent but I agree that it shouldn't happen. And you think Iraq cares?

chozen

gone..

Princess

Chozen watch your language.

^Hal^

They can show POW's as long as the commander gives consent but I agree that it shouldn't happen. And you think Iraq cares?

I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to show them either way... and those ones shown executed, well nothings proven but it certainly looks that way doesnt it :-S

chozen

Yeah they started to mutilate there bodies aswell....

^Hal^

Oh and btw... Here it was reported that the Pentagon gave the US news networks 4 hours advance notice on the start of "Shock and Awe" bombing on Baghdad, so they could report it almost exactly as it was supposed to start. Anything that the news networks report that they arent told by High Command is stuff they've figured out, and therefore that the Iraqis would have figured out too. On top of that, all the reporters attached to military units are subject to restrictions - they're not allowed to report anything that Command believes will endange the troops. You dont need to worry about that Link.