Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Here We Go!!

TheUnknown

No, Link, fighting this war is like saying, "Hey, North Korea. We know you have those nukes that can completely wipe out Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Anchorage, San Diego, Portland, Fresno, Sacremento, Seoul, Tokyo, and who knows where else. We know you've sold weapons to terrorist groups in Yemen. We know you can kill thousands of American soldiers in South Korea and Japan. But we're going to sit here and fight little country that just so happens to have tons of oil. We're going to ignore you so you can put a nuke up our collective ass."

Princess

No, Link, fighting this war is like saying, "Hey, North Korea.  We know you have those nukes that can completely wipe out Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Anchorage, San Diego, Portland, Fresno, Sacremento, Seoul, Tokyo, and who knows where else.  We know you've sold weapons to terrorist groups in Yemen.  We know you can kill thousands of American soldiers in South Korea and Japan.   But we're going to sit here and fight little country that just so happens to have tons of oil.  We're going to ignore you so you can put a nuke up our collective ass."

I believe that they are starting talks with N. Korea. We can't spread ourselves too thin Unknown. That's just suicide. One problem at a time.

Andy

They are only STARTING talks with N. Korea?

We knew about them well before Bush declared his intentions to go after Saddam.

TheUnknown

Exactly, so why go after what is a minor threat (if it is one at all) instead of the major ones? Especially when the pricetag for the war with Iraq could be as high as a trillion dollars.

Pandora

No, we're not STARTING talks with North Korea, they've been going on for a while. And, no, it's not that we'd be spreading ourselves to thin by going for North Korea, it's that there might still be a chance that diplomacy will work. We are able to fight war on two fronts, and we've already told them that. The last thing they want to do right now is attack us, because if the Koreans have anything remotely resembling a few brain cells, they know that if they hit us right now, they would be wiped out faster than they could say "Oh sith, we screwed up." Why? because, admit it or not, oh liberal one, they would lose what little support they have over here, and they'd be facing a UNITED America, and as we saw in Afghanistan, that's the most deadly force in the world.

Andy

They said on the news that it is thought that Iraqs missile capability enables them to launch at their surrounding countries, but no further.

Plus Saddam has now begun (or did begin) dismantling missiles. So I say we should have given him the benefit of the doubt and let the UN weapons inspectors stay for a while longer. Sure they could keep troops stationed in the area in case he tried anything, plus it is STILL unknown whether Iraq still actually does own WMDs.

Princess

But they did find illegal missles and a drone there. And I made a mistake earlier with something that I said.

Pandora

Sure, he BEGAN dismantling missles, then demanded that we compensate them for doing so. UM, NO! AND we've been after him for OVER A DECADE and he STILL isn't complying. Clinton spent his eight years doing diddly squat for us, so now Bush is cleaning up after his father AND the last bone-head president. Since Dubya's push against Saddam, inspectors found him in matieral breech AT LEAST three times, and he STILL hasn't showed us all his boi and chem weapons, NOR given proof that they've been destroyed! Giving him the benifit of the doubt is the DUMBEST thing we could EVER do!

Enough whining, the fireworks start in less than an hour.

Admiral Daala

Less than an hour until war begins... My god I am so scared.

Pandora

War is scary, but we can't let the fear cripple us.

Think of it this way:

There are 300,000 Americans out there, fighting to protect 287 poeple they have NEVER met before. If anything, they deserve our gratitude, and all the support we can give them from our end. How do we support them? by being strong for them. We're all scared, but if we let that fear get in the way of our lives, if we let it damage our spirit, then somehow it damages theirs. We have to stay strong, so that when our sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, friends, and even the strangers in green come home, they don't hope they were fighting the good fight, they'll KNOW they were doing a good thing.

America is strong. And if there's any doubt of that in anyone's mind, then we're about to change all that... in approximately twenty minutes.

Link

Unknown, we are worried about North Korea but why start something when it isn't there? Iraq has threatened us since Bush Sr. And yes Princess is right. Our base commander gave us military count today and we barely have enough troops to fight Iraq let alone fighting North Korea at the same time. That's walking right into combat suicide.

Admiral Daala

I am willing to serve my country..... I will be when I am old enough; after college I shall be going to the Air Force Acdemy to become a pilot.

Link

Don't expect to fly into battle. They won't let you because you're female. You're lucky if they let you in to do it.

Admiral Daala

You are kidding. Please tell me that. I did so much research on the Air Force and I am testing my skills to try to test my skills. I will be the best of the best.

Princess

My cousin might be heading over there soon. I'm starting to get nervous for him.

Link

and the signal has been given. It's in military Generals' hands now

Admiral Daala

Yes it is.

Link

*glares* Daala you already pissed me off....

TheUnknown

Unknown, we are worried about North Korea but why start something when it isn't there? Iraq has threatened us since Bush Sr. And yes Princess is right. Our base commander gave us military count today and we barely have enough troops to fight Iraq let alone fighting North Korea at the same time. That's walking right into combat suicide.

You seem to have misunderstood what I said. I meant focusing on North Korea instead of Iraq. But it seems that the provervial sith has hit the proverbial fan, so it looks like that isn't going to happen.

Andy

I agree, N Korea is more of a potential threat than Iraq.

Iraq couldn't attack the US if they tried. They don't have the ability to, and even if they could, I'm sure the US would be ready for them.

Princess

Well they returned fire today.

Drake

Yes, they fired on the troops but they didn't attack America itself meaning the country. The only way they could do that is through terrorism.

Going back a couple pages...I noticed quite a bit of racism mostly against the French. Seriously, the French people don't deserve that...take it out on their government.

chozen

Two comments:

One-

"We are the youth and future of this country and we do not want this war"- anti war protester.

"I aswell am the youth and future of this country and i say to you protesters shut the ewok up" - chozen

WAR ON IRAQ: DAY ONE

*36 cruise misiles fired in bid to kill Saddam and senior officials.

*Siz US warships involved plus American B2 B52 bombers.

*No British firces in first salvo.

*US criticised by Russia, China, France.

*Iraq fires at least eight misiles into Kuwait. Allied artillery knocks out Iraqi batteries in response.

*British troops in northern Kuwait in chemical attack alert after shelling.

chozen

There bombing right now....

Admiral Daala

*shudders* This is horrible.... I wonder if this would be happening if Al Gore was Presidant?