Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

James the Defender

Phillies lost to the St. Louis Rams of baseball...the Pirates... Hamels only let 3 runs go...that should be enough for the Phillies to motor past them...I understand Chase Utley and Placido Polanco are out of the line-up...but c'mon! They're not the Yankees or the Red Sox! They're the PIRATES!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Mara

Haha. :p

In other news.... the Netherlands beat Brazil. Wahoo!!

Mara

Goin' for a sweep of the Orioles tonight, after Damon's walk-off home run for his 2,501st hit.

Master Hayes

Twins get a big win against the Chi Sox last night. It's starting to look like they won't get tonight's game in. There's storms a brewin' Ani!!!

Mara

I love that the Twins are beating down the Sox, but with the Tigers dropping a 4-game series against the Indians, I need the Twins to start losing, too. :p

James the Defender

I have lost all confidence in the Phils. I'm gonna keep watching them, 'cause I love them and I'm not a bandwagon fan. Go PHILS!!!!

Master Hayes

To all my hockey nuts, I can't believe Ilya Kovalchuck just inked a 17yr $102Mil deal with the Devils!!! If he plays out that deal, he'll be 44yrs old.

Mara

I have lost all confidence in the Phils. I'm gonna keep watching them, 'cause I love them and I'm not a bandwagon fan. Go PHILS!!!!

I am beginning to feel the same with the Tigers.

We haven't won since the all-star break. :/

Mara

TIGERS FINALLY WON!

James the Defender

The Phillies have squandered another OUTSTANDING start by Hamels! He went 8.0, 0 ER, 1 H, 1BB...He allowed 2 base runners and was going against one of the best pitchers in baseball in Wainwright. The Phillies as of 9 innings had 9 hits...no runs to show for it... Ridiculous!

But they finally won! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took them 12 hits, but they won!!!! Legitimately, this time, not by an error on the catcher like against the cubs.

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by James the Defender

Mara

We finally hit 50 wins, whoo! :p

James the Defender

We won 2 in a row!!! :D:p (I'm excited over that... feel like a Pirates fan...)

Well, anyway, I see the Phils' GM's master plan...Here's how it's going down:

He's going to trade away our RF Jayson Werth and maybe some prospects for an ace pitcher (Roy Oswalt, Dan Haren, Zach Greinke) and call up our #1 prospect, Dominic Brown, from AAA to replace Werth. Then, in the off season, he's going to throw a crap load of money at Cliff Lee. So, the Phillies rotation will look like this: Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, ace pitcher acquired in 2010, Cole Hamels, J.A. Happ.

Cole is returning to stud form. He looks incredible. He's not given up an ER in his last 22 innings. He's been our most consistent pitcher, but his record 7-7, belies his true ability. His ERA is just slightly over 3. He has two new pitches and his mind seems to have settled.

The core of good hitters with good defense will still be around: SS Jimmy Rollins, CF Shane Victorino, 2B Chase Utley, 1B Ryan Howard, C Carlos Ruiz, 3B Placido Polanco.

4 aces on one staff next season... Prolly some locker room problems, but when they all hoist that trophy after Game 4 of the World Series...well, that'll make it all okay...

Mara

We need to trade too, but I'm just worried who Dave'll get rid of in order to get what we need... hopefully some bullpen help.

Even though we've lost 3 more players (Inge, Ordonez and Guillen) in the last week. Urgh.

Ayingel

how bout them twins? http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=300726107 ^_^

Princess

Tigers lost in a no-hitter yesterday

Mara

*stabs the Twins... and the White Sox*

James the Defender

Roy Oswalt is a Phillie.

They didn't have to give up Werth, but they did have to give up Happ, who should have been the rookie of the year last year. Oh, well, welcome Roy!

Mara

Ugh. Tigers got swept by the Rays in a 4-game series.

And now we get to play Boston! *marks up another 3 games lost*

Mara

Man, working OT sucks... I don't catch as much news. :p

I found out today that we traded for Jhonny Peralta on Weds. :p

Anyway, he seems to be doing okay; two home runs in tonight's game. :D

Mara

I want to jump in a time machine to before the all-star break when the Tigers were actually playing like a major league team.

*sigh*

James the Defender

We're actually starting to play like a major league team. We're now only 1.5 games behind the Braves....and we're without three of our best players. If they're hot upon returning...look out! Here come the boys of summer! Go Phils!

Mara

Well, we avoided getting swept again today. Yay. Now it's off to play the Sox at Chicago and the Yankees at New York. *chalks up some more losses*

I'll be happy if we don't end up last in the division.

Mara

Oh, my goodness, the Tigers actually won a series. *faints*

James the Defender

NFL Predictions:

AFC East Champs: NY Jets

AFC North Champs: Baltimore Ravens

AFC South Champs: Indianapolis Colts

AFC West Champs: SD Chargers

NFC East Champs: Dallas Cowboys

NFC North Champs: Green Bay Packers

NFC South Champs: NO Saints

NFC West Champs: SF 49ers

AFC Wildcards: NE Patriots, Houston Texans

NFC Wildcards: Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons

AFC Champs: Baltimore Ravens

NFC Champs: Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl winner: Green Bay Packers

Rookie of the Year: Dez Bryant

Coach of the Year: Rex Ryan

Master Hayes

I love how Packer fans ALWAYS think their team is going to win the Super Bowl. :nutty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.