Princess 35 Posted January 10, 2010 That's my line! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted January 10, 2010 I'm sorry to disagree with you all, but I have to say that the greatest football team of all time is the Lions. You haven't been drinking like a Packer fan have you???? No one drinks as well as we Packers' fans do! We do it right! Who's your team, Master Hayes? Vikings, Bears, Bucs, Rams? Well since I live in Minnesota I do root for the teams here, except for the NBA, I can't watch it. I'm not a big homer though, I'll give props to other team when they win, and I'll rip the teams here when they lose. I can't watch basketball, either. I'll play it, but can't watch it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 10, 2010 College basketball is the only ball I'll watch. I just can't stand the NBA. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ayingel 24 Posted January 11, 2010 packers lost ^_^ Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 11, 2010 That game was pretty entertaining to watch, however I think both teams my want to overhaul the defense. 96 points in a game??? I think Drew Brees' mouth is watering thinking of all the TD passes he may toss against the Cards. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted January 11, 2010 That game was pretty entertaining to watch, however I think both teams my want to overhaul the defense. 96 points in a game??? I think Drew Brees' mouth is watering thinking of all the TD passes he may toss against the Cards. I think you're right. What a great game! For Green Bay to rally from a 21-point deficit to take that baby into overtime was just fantastic! I am very proud of my team. 20 other teams never made into the playoffs and my team was the last to be eliminated this weekend (just by virtue they played the last game). I'm not going into the missed calls, particularly the two at the end, but in the three games I saw this weekend, the officiating was horrible. It reminds me of the Umpiring during this past MLB postseason. Anywho, Aaron had a MONSTER game 422 yds, 4 passing TDs, one rushing. He missed the game winner to Jennings in OT, however. That would have had him crest 500 yards and won the game, reminding me of two seasons ago when GB went into OT against the Broncos and Favre hit Jennings to beat out Dre Bly on the first play from scrimmage. Oh well, GB will fix that middle on defense for next season, and they will be back! GO, PACK, GO! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ayingel 24 Posted January 11, 2010 i will agree, they had a good comeback, but i always get nervous playing the packers for a third time in a season...never usually ends well >.> Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted January 11, 2010 lol, it did in...what season was that? Oh, had to be 2002? 3? Favre threw 4 INTs and it looked like his career was over. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 11, 2010 (edited) *giggles* I just saw the score. I know, can you believe it?! I can. Actually? No. And we beat Ottawa last night, for a 2-game win streak. :D Edited January 11, 2010 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ayingel 24 Posted January 12, 2010 hehe exactly. i cheer for the vikings so that my aunt and i can bond :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 12, 2010 I'm sure this will make you Pens haters happy, Wild 4-3 over Crosby & Co. :hehe: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 12, 2010 Woo hoo! I fell asleep early and didn't get to see the game. That's the second time you guys have beat em this year, good on ya! Was Backs in net? And Mara, Ottawa is arguably just as bad as you guys this year. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 12, 2010 My brother and his wife have tickets to Thursday night's Wings game against Carolina. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 12, 2010 Woo hoo! I fell asleep early and didn't get to see the game. That's the second time you guys have beat em this year, good on ya! Was Backs in net? And Mara, Ottawa is arguably just as bad as you guys this year. A win is a win. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 12, 2010 reminding me of two seasons ago when GB went into OT against the Broncos and Favre hit Jennings to beat out Dre Bly on the first play from scrimmage. lol, just noticed this. I remember watching that play, I was so PISSED! The damned announcers had just said what an awesome shut-down corner Bly was, and then he got smoked. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 12, 2010 Woo hoo! I fell asleep early and didn't get to see the game. That's the second time you guys have beat em this year, good on ya! Was Backs in net? And Mara, Ottawa is arguably just as bad as you guys this year. Yes, Backs was in net. I didn't get to see any of the game, I have DirectTV so no Versus. :mad: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 12, 2010 reminding me of two seasons ago when GB went into OT against the Broncos and Favre hit Jennings to beat out Dre Bly on the first play from scrimmage. lol, just noticed this. I remember watching that play, I was so PISSED! The damned announcers had just said what an awesome shut-down corner Bly was, and then he got smoked. That my friend is called the announcer jinx. It never fails either. As a matter of fact the Wild TV guys did it to Backstrom earlier this season tossing out the stat that he was unbeaten at home when leading after 2 periods, and BAM the Wild end up lossing. Nothing annoys me more than when announcers do that crap. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 13, 2010 Gah, that whole VS thing annoys the sith outta me. I mean, I have comcast, so I get it, but it's so typical given the dire state of the NHL's tv contracts. I don't understand what motivates an announcer to toss out a comment like that in the middle of the game. Just commentate the damn game, then say that sith afterwards. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 13, 2010 *cries* The Wings lost, bad, to the Islanders tonight. I swear they play to the level of their competition. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted January 13, 2010 reminding me of two seasons ago when GB went into OT against the Broncos and Favre hit Jennings to beat out Dre Bly on the first play from scrimmage. lol, just noticed this. I remember watching that play, I was so PISSED! The damned announcers had just said what an awesome shut-down corner Bly was, and then he got smoked. Bly and Champ Bailey are an awesome CB duo. They remind me a lot of Al Harris and Charles Woodson. Absolutely fantastic, but starting to get a little old. Does Denver have good backup corners unlike Green Bay? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 13, 2010 We've got some younger up and coming guys, but they're never going to be on Champs level. Prin, I know what you mean, the friggin Islanders beat us last week. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 13, 2010 It's ridiculous. We beat the Sharks 4-1 but lose to the Islanders 6-0? In what universe does that work? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 13, 2010 It works in this universes NHL. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 13, 2010 It's just weird. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 13, 2010 I hope the Jimmy Howard that showed up for the Islanders shows on tomorrow night. We're on a 3-game win streak, whoohoo. Though, I blame Lady Gaga for making us have to practice in Plymouth instead of at the Joe today. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites