Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Drake

Just keep telling yourself that, GI. :p

And the Leafs are making a comeback. 4-1 win over the Flyers tonight. :twisted:

Mara

Damn Avs.... scoring in OT to beat the Sharks 1-0.... Series stilll 3-1, with SJ in the lead.

GI_Admiral

I see an avalanche come back....As a wings fan I should be upset...but as someone betting for them....I should be happy....Im so conflicted!! :???:

Mara

Root for the Sharks.............

Radioactive Isotope

*dances around* Derby's TOMORROW!!!!! :D

Princess

LEAFS WON! :D

Drake

Of course they did...they're Canadian after all. ;) :D

Mara

*grumbles*

Sharks at 3, Derby at 5....

And I have to go to work at 4:15...

*grumbles*

GI_Admiral

hahaha...dont worry...i'll watch both for you!

Mara

Sharks lost. Meh.

At least the Wings lost too. :D

Who won the Derby?

Radioactive Isotope

and the winner is...........

SMARTY JONES!! he was the favorite to win, and man, he came up on the outside that last turn and just flew past Lionheart. he's only one of either five or seven undefeated horses to win the Kentucky Derby. you should have seen the old guy who owned him. the man has enphysema (sp?) and was on an oxygen thingy. i half expected him to keel over when that horse got in front. it was the jockey's first Derby win too. awesome race. the track was a mess, though. standing water everywhere, and the Downs usually drains pretty well. i think this was one of four times the track was officially "sloppy" for the Derby. but, anywho, we may have a Triple Crown winner here. *crosses fingers* :D

Mara

Oooooooooh.

Who was the trainer?

Radioactive Isotope

John Servis. a team full of Derby Rookies won it. since Smarty Jones was unbeaten both before and after the Derby, he earned a $5 million bonus plus the $854,800 for winning the Derby. after only seven races, that horse is worth $6,733,155 and #6 on the all-time earnings list.

More Derby Fun Facts:

• The last favorite to win the Kentucky Derby was Fusaichi Pegasus in 2000
  • The last favorite to win before FP was Spectacular Bid in 1979
  • Spectacular Bid's jockey Ronnie Franklin was the last Derby Rookie to win until this year with Stewart Elliot on Smarty Jones
  • The Kentucky Derby is actually the first of three big horse races known as the Triple Crown (Derby, Preakness, and the Bellmont). In 130 years, only 11 horses have won the Triple Crown, the last being Affirmed in 1978
  • Last year's Derby winner Funny Cide was a gelding (haha)

Mara

I knew most of that already. ; )

Radioactive Isotope

meh. :p

Mara

:D

Link

tsk tsk. Belmont has one L... lol. The KY Derby is 1 1/4 miles, the Preakness is 1 3/16 i believe and the Belmont is 1 3/4 miles, closer to two miles. There is a five million dollar bonus for any horse that wins all three. There have only been 11 Triple Crown winners. Fillies are allowed to race in the Derby but for the most part, colts are the ones who run. Only 3 year olds may race in the Derby. Other than Seattle Slew, Smarty Jones is the only horse to go undefeated thus far in his career and win the Derby, remaining undefeated. He isn't a huge fan of the mud so his win makes it that much more spectacular. Only the prime roses off rose bushes are cut and put on the Garland of Roses adorning the winner. There is one prime rose per bush.

Princess

*sigh* Yzerman is out indefinitely with a broken orbital bone. He had surgery Saturday night. Thankfully, he can still see.

GI_Admiral

Sadly I think he's gonna retire once the wings are out of the playoffs....too many injuries... :(

Wings Flames tonight at 10:00 Im predicting a 1 goal game with the wings winning.

Then Game 7 will be a 4-7 goal win by the wings ((Like them vs avs game 7...))

Drake

Nah. The Flames are on a roll. They're gonna take it.

Princess

I just saw a headline in the Free Press that his career is questionable. That's going to be a big loss for the team. Win the cup for El Capitan guys!

GI_Admiral

Flames will burn out...oooh...*PuN!*

Princess

Bad pun! *swats GI with a newspaper*

GI_Admiral

Ouch!

Anyways...the wings will rally behind Yzerman and they'll take out the flames...and then they'll take out the sharks/aves....then they'll just PWN Lightning/Leafs/Flyers

Ender

Flyers laid the smackdown on the Leafs... 7-2. :twisted:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.