Chickenman 9 Posted May 14, 2009 (edited) I've disliked the Capitals ever since I watched 5 minutes of an elimination playoff game where they beat the Bruins in overtime, back in 97-98. I don't know why I remember that. :p Edited May 14, 2009 by Chickenman Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 14, 2009 It's weird some of the things we hold on to huh? ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 14, 2009 I've disliked the Capitals ever since I watched 5 minutes of an elimination playoff game where they beat the Bruins in overtime, back in 97-98. I don't know why I remember that. And then they lost to the Wings in the finals. So nervous about Game 7 tonight... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted May 14, 2009 I have chips and salsa ready! :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 14, 2009 (edited) OK, not the razor! But I might have to shave my playoff beard.... I've disliked the Capitals ever since I watched 5 minutes of an elimination playoff game where they beat the Bruins in overtime, back in 97-98. I don't know why I remember that. I dislike them because I think Ovechin's overrated. :p Edited May 14, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 15, 2009 So is Crosby Yay! Red Wings! Best Game 7 ever!!!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted May 15, 2009 That was an exciting game! :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted May 15, 2009 *Downs a Lomin ale.* Man, that was the first hockey game I've actually sat down and watched in a long time, and as great as it was...damn that hurt. A lot. :( Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 15, 2009 Watch the Bruins lose? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted May 15, 2009 The fact that that Walker asshole scored the series-winning goal is ewoking insulting. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 15, 2009 And just wait, soon Mara will be in here gloating. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted May 15, 2009 I wouldn't be as angry about it if it wasn't for Walker. I mean it was an excellent game on both sides, definitely the best hockey game I've ever seen (which isn't saying much, but meh), but I was just so infuriated when I saw the douchebag that suckerpunched Ward score the series winner. :mad: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 15, 2009 I haven't watching at all lately, so I'm coming here to get my updates. And Ovechkin is NOT overrated. He is probably in the top 3 of best all around players to ever play the game. Just thought I would put that ou there. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 15, 2009 I keep pinching myself to make sure it actually happened... I still can't believe we won... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 15, 2009 It's just... wow. Well, now the fun part begins.... I get to smacktalk with my sister, hehehehe. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 17, 2009 You guys better beat pittsburgh!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted May 18, 2009 Let's go Penguins! :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted May 18, 2009 http://deadspin.com/5259123/adam-burish-su...itation-attempt Shouldn't they have neck guards or something? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 18, 2009 Well, they could if they want. But really, the odds of it happening are still slim. It happened to Richard Zednik last year, and his was a lot worse. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 18, 2009 You guys better beat pittsburgh!! If I had any influence... I would give it. Staal vs Staal, 7:30 tonight!!! Anyway, awesome Preakness Stakes on Saturday. Ze super filly won! Great, great race. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 18, 2009 I heard that she may not even run in the next one. (this is strictly for the sake of conversation, I don't really care ) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted May 18, 2009 If she wanted to keep her pride, she'd stay away from Belmont. They said the Preakness taxed her. The Preakness is the shortest race in the Triple Crown. Just like Smarty Jones a few years ago. He was no good for the Belmont because it was such a long race. My choice for Belmont: Mine That Bird Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 18, 2009 (edited) Think they did that just so that horse wouldn't win the triple crown. Of course, I'm no expert on the matter. :p Edited May 18, 2009 by Du Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 18, 2009 (edited) Yeah. But there's almost three weeks for the owners to decide. Mind that Bird almost had the Preakness, though. Too bad it was shorter. The Belmont should be better for him. Hehehe... I even got my dad rooting for the 'Canes. (he has ulterior motives, but I don't care) Edit: Just realized Orpik is still with the Pens.... and now Erik Cole is back on our team. Maybe Erik will return the favor from three seasons ago. Edited May 18, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites