Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Chickenman

I've disliked the Capitals ever since I watched 5 minutes of an elimination playoff game where they beat the Bruins in overtime, back in 97-98. I don't know why I remember that. :p

Edited by Chickenman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

It's weird some of the things we hold on to huh? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I've disliked the Capitals ever since I watched 5 minutes of an elimination playoff game where they beat the Bruins in overtime, back in 97-98. I don't know why I remember that. :p

And then they lost to the Wings in the finals.

So nervous about Game 7 tonight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

I have chips and salsa ready! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

OK, not the razor!

But I might have to shave my playoff beard....

:p

I've disliked the Capitals ever since I watched 5 minutes of an elimination playoff game where they beat the Bruins in overtime, back in 97-98. I don't know why I remember that. :p

I dislike them because I think Ovechin's overrated. :p

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

So is Crosby :p

Yay! Red Wings! Best Game 7 ever!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

That was an exciting game! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

*Downs a Lomin ale.*

Man, that was the first hockey game I've actually sat down and watched in a long time, and as great as it was...damn that hurt. A lot. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Watch the Bruins lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

The fact that that Walker asshole scored the series-winning goal is ewoking insulting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

And just wait, soon Mara will be in here gloating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I wouldn't be as angry about it if it wasn't for Walker. I mean it was an excellent game on both sides, definitely the best hockey game I've ever seen (which isn't saying much, but meh), but I was just so infuriated when I saw the douchebag that suckerpunched Ward score the series winner. :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I haven't watching at all lately, so I'm coming here to get my updates. :p

And Ovechkin is NOT overrated. He is probably in the top 3 of best all around players to ever play the game.

Just thought I would put that ou there. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I keep pinching myself to make sure it actually happened... I still can't believe we won...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Mhmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

It's just... wow. :p

Well, now the fun part begins.... I get to smacktalk with my sister, hehehehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

You guys better beat pittsburgh!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

Let's go Penguins! :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, they could if they want. But really, the odds of it happening are still slim. It happened to Richard Zednik last year, and his was a lot worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

You guys better beat pittsburgh!!

If I had any influence... I would give it. :p

Staal vs Staal, 7:30 tonight!!! :D

Anyway, awesome Preakness Stakes on Saturday. Ze super filly won! :D

Great, great race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I heard that she may not even run in the next one.

(this is strictly for the sake of conversation, I don't really care :p)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

If she wanted to keep her pride, she'd stay away from Belmont. They said the Preakness taxed her. The Preakness is the shortest race in the Triple Crown. Just like Smarty Jones a few years ago. He was no good for the Belmont because it was such a long race.

My choice for Belmont: Mine That Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Think they did that just so that horse wouldn't win the triple crown. Of course, I'm no expert on the matter. :p

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah. But there's almost three weeks for the owners to decide.

Mind that Bird almost had the Preakness, though. Too bad it was shorter.

The Belmont should be better for him.

Hehehe... I even got my dad rooting for the 'Canes. :D

(he has ulterior motives, but I don't care)

Edit: Just realized Orpik is still with the Pens.... and now Erik Cole is back on our team.

Maybe Erik will return the favor from three seasons ago.

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.