Princess 35 Posted November 5, 2008 Sure. And let's burn the new rules as well, the players can't even touch each other or try to make a play without getting called for interference or holding. Seriously saw one of the Wings put 1 finger on one of the Canucks the other night and get called for holding Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 6, 2008 Just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone does. Actually, look at the numbers: how many people in the US tune in to watch football vs. baseball now? A helluva lot more. Can't even consider baseball the National Past-time any more, it's football. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted November 6, 2008 I don't give a crap about either of those crappy sports. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 6, 2008 Yes, cause cricket is soooooo much better. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted November 6, 2008 I don't remember saying I give a crap about cricket either. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted November 6, 2008 *stalls their argument with a kickass vid* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HO7j2EC_dI :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted November 6, 2008 Just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone does. Actually, look at the numbers: how many people in the US tune in to watch football vs. baseball now? A helluva lot more. Can't even consider baseball the National Past-time any more, it's football. And a lot more people watch NASCAR more than football. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted November 6, 2008 If you're going to be like that I'll bet that a hell of a lot more people in the world watch cricket than NASCAR. If everyone in India could afford TVs they would easily get viewing figures of over 400 million on their own. And Formula 1 has over 500 million viewers worldwide. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 6, 2008 There are definitely not as many viewers watching nascar as football. The average viewing audience for one game on CBS on a Sunday is 22 million people, and on FOX the average is about 21 million. And that's just one game. LOT more people watching football than nascar. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted November 7, 2008 Nascar is ranked #2, behind the NFL as the most watched on tv sport in the US. Nascar even admitted this. With the way the teams are now in football (close points battles in the various divisions), I would expect that trend to continue, coupled with Nascar's decline in attendance and viewership for its three main series. People are discovering that they have better things to do than watch a contrived commercial circle around for 4+ hours on tv. Me? I'd rather spend 2 hours infront of the tv watching F1, than 4+ for Nascar. It's done quite a few things to turn me off. B brings up an excellent point about F1 viewership. Next to soccer (football) (futbol) , F1 has a massive world wide tv audience. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted November 7, 2008 Hmm. It was a couple years ago I had heard that NASCAR was America's largest spectator sport. Things change. *shrug* I don't even watch it anymore. Too boring when the same people always win. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 8, 2008 Apparently the NFL is really trying to expand into Europe more. My buddy that's stationed in England was saying that a lot of the Brits that he works with there are really starting to get into American football. But the thing is, "soccer" will always be bigger there. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted November 8, 2008 My buddy that's stationed in England was saying that a lot of the Brits that he works with there are really starting to get into American football. I reckon your buddy is lying. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 10, 2008 Well, you have to realize, the guys he's hangin' with are used to hangin' out with us American types. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted November 10, 2008 Somehow, just somehow, the Lions are going to screw up going 0-16 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted November 10, 2008 Apparently the NFL is really trying to expand into Europe more. My buddy that's stationed in England was saying that a lot of the Brits that he works with there are really starting to get into American football. But the thing is, "soccer" will always be bigger there. So's the NHL, with them both having games over in Europe. Which I just find silly. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted November 10, 2008 Not really, since most of the players are from Europe Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted November 11, 2008 The NFL ones, too? :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 12, 2008 Wow, I cannot believe the Pens ended up winning that game las tnight! I watched almost the whole thing, and didn't think that they'd be able to pull it off. Bet you're happy Prin. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted November 12, 2008 Wow. The Hawks and Falcons are good, the Braves suck, and the Thrashers are below average. Who would've thunk it? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 12, 2008 Haha, another round of unpredictable seasons in professional sports. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted November 12, 2008 Wow, I cannot believe the Pens ended up winning that game las tnight! I watched almost the whole thing, and didn't think that they'd be able to pull it off. Bet you're happy Prin. I was stunned, but it was an awesome game and Ozzie made some awesome saves. Though I wish the outcome would have been the other way, I enjoyed the game. I wish we would have made it to the shootout though. We could've won there. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted November 13, 2008 (edited) Wow, I cannot believe the Pens ended up winning that game las tnight! I watched almost the whole thing, and didn't think that they'd be able to pull it off. Bet you're happy Prin. I giggled with glee when I saw the result. Then slapped myself for dropping Jordan Staal from my fantasy teams. :p Edited November 13, 2008 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted November 13, 2008 That's usually how it goes, drop a player, then they have a bang up night. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted November 13, 2008 Yeah.... But I'm still doing pretty darn well anyway. :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites