Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Drake

If it was spinal, he could just be paralyzed from, like, the waist down or something. That would explain getting feeling back in, say, his hands but I don't think he'll be able to walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah, the Sportcenter guy wasn't very specific, lol. He just mentioned getting feeling back.

But, really, with things like this, he's lucky to be still alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

It was a definite spinal cord injury and the chances are that he will never walk again. He's still in critical condition and on a respirator and life support. Such a shame. What really sickens me is to hear other Broncos fans talk sith about him. Makes me ashamed to be a fan myself to hear people say that kinda of sith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Mmhmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

he injured the spinal cord pretty far up. C3 amd C4 are pretty much the base of the neck, which controls all kinds of fun stuff like the diaphragm. i'm not surprised he's on a respirator. nerve tissue doesn't regenerate well, so i would be surprised if he gets much feeling back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Most of the schools that I'm seriously looking into going for grad school won: Washington, Oregon, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Connecticut. Georgia was the lone big one that list, although I'm not sure what USC did.

Aww, not coming to the City anymore? You'd fit right in in the Village.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Most of the schools that I'm seriously looking into going for grad school won: Washington, Oregon, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Connecticut. Georgia was the lone big one that list, although I'm not sure what USC did.

I think USC had a bye week last Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Most of the schools that I'm seriously looking into going for grad school won: Washington, Oregon, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Connecticut. Georgia was the lone big one that list, although I'm not sure what USC did.

Aww, not coming to the City anymore? You'd fit right in in the Village.

Do NYU and Columbia even have football teams? That's why I didn't count them. But, yeah, I'm still considering NYU and Columbia and several others I didn't mention. NYU is defintely in the top ten at this point, although Washington is still number one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Woo! Congrats to Maggs for winning the AL batting title!

And da Lions won again! Gasp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Yay Maggs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Did anyone see the Lions game? That was freakin' sweet!!

Shaun Rogers' 55 yard inception for a touchdown = awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

The only reason that game was such a blowout is because the Detroit Lions have all sold their souls to Satan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Pfft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

Why do you have to sell your soul to satan? Can't you lease it? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

There are no lease's in hell, only permanent residents. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

You're just mad 'cause the whipped your Broncos. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, contrary to what you may think, I don't really care. The ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, and even if we had won, we don't have a chance in hell to win. What's funny is that every Detroit fan I run into seems to think they DO have a chance at the championship. :p

Talk about wishful thinking. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Well, notch me on the other side. :p

I think they're good..and they are better than last year.. but I don't think they'll go any farther than the first or second round of the playoffs.

My dad is a Broncos fan, too.. and he was rooting for the Lions towards the end. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Not much of a Broncos fan if he switches allegiances when the Broncos are gettin' beat. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Haha... no. He's always been a somewhat Lions fan.. and a Broncos fan. But since they were playing each other...

For days before he wasn't sure which side he'd be on. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Ron Francis is gonna be inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight. Yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yessss!!!

This means I might be able to see my Avs play more often around on the East Coast. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yay, more variety. I'm sick of Atlanta and Florida all the time. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vergere

*purr* Navy beat Army. I am quite content now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.