Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day Three: Allegiances

Vergere

"Then tell your dad to start going to work on time." Kelly grinned and grabbed Natalie's bag, throwing it into the backseat of the jeep. "Sides, if I told him that, he'd sulk all day. You know how tender his feelings are." She winked and moved to go sit in the driver's seat, Lance jumping into the passenger's. When Natalie got into the Jeep, they took off, headed to the sandy shores to surf.

Rogue

Dad getting to work on time is the least of my worries... "Sorry Lance! Don't want to hurt you're feelings." She reached up to ruffle his hair, then turned to the driver. "Kelly, please tell me that there's a surfing contest at the beach fair. Please, please please tell me that they didn't cancel it like last year." She gave her best puppy dog face, even holding her hands in prayer position. Every year, the first month of school they had a carnival on the beach to celebrate the various athletics in the town, and promote activity. She really didn't care why they did it, she just wanted to kick some serious tail surfing.

Vergere

Kelly looked behind her for a moment, then returned to watching the road before she burst out into laughter. She, too, was more than ready for the carnival.

Lance spoke slowly, "Well... I hate to break it to you... OW!" He looked duly punished after Kelly hit him upside the head, and turned to look back at Natalie. "Nope. They didn't cancel it."

Rogue

Natalie smiled widely. "Yes!" A surfing competition. She couldn't wait. It would probably be later in the afternoon, but she was so excited that she was going to get to compete. It was one of the things she truly loved. Because you know, it wasn't enough to just feel the waves....she needed to prove she could ride them better than everyone else. "You going to compete, Kel?"

Vergere

Kelly shrugged. "Yeah. Might as well. It's my senior year, I should go all out." She smiled over her shoulder at Natalie. "But since it's in the afternoon, I want to catch some waves in the morning just to have some fun. I don't care much for the morning events anyways."

She pulled into the parking lot and turned off the car. "Let's go."

Rogue

"Sounds good to me." Natalie said, grabbing her board and going to follow her. "You coming with us Lance?"

--------------

She was up, and monitoring government channels as usual in her plush room, upstairs in the Brotherhood house. She had created a computer program that would take any government chatter and cross reference them with key words set to filter to her any informaton regarding mutants.

This morning, she got a hit.

The FBI were looking for a kid in the Seattle Washington area. This kid apparently had a unique ability. The ability to manipulate sound. To negate it alltogether.

"Now that is quite a useful ability in the right circumstances..." Mystique thought to herself, shutting off her laptop and heading downstairs. She walked down the hallway, banging on each door as she passed it. "Time to get up boys. Today's the day you prove your worth."

Edited by Rogue

Andy

Danny was woken up by the pounding on his door, and resisted the urge to tell Mystique to stop it as he didn't think that would go down too well. He stood up and stretched, then realised he'd fallen asleep in his clothes again, so set about rummaging through his drawers for something clean to wear before heading for the bathroom.

Drake

Marcus groaned loudly as he was forcefully awoken by the insessant banging out in the hall.

He had been having a pleasant dream in which he was a lion hunting gazelles in Africa. When he fully awoke, Marcus realized that he had apparently transformed into a lion while he was sleeping. He yawned then let out a roar just to spite his fellow housemates.

Shifting back into his human form, Marcus got up out of bed and changed into his clothes for the day. Looking down at his sheets, he sighed at the amount of fur that had come off. "Damn," he muttered. "This better not be an every night thing...I hate doing laundry."

Vergere

Lance raised a shocked eyebrow, "And miss the view?"

Kelly rolled her eyes and groaned. "Yes, he's coming. I think someone put something in his drink this morning, though. He's been unbearable."

"Only the love of life itself, love, only the love of life itself."

"Lance, get moving." And with that, Kelly got her board and headed out to the water with Natalie.

Rogue

Mystique burst through the door across the hall from Marcus' like a blue demon. She could hear people moving in all of the other rooms, but no, Neil had decided he was going to ignore her completely. She walked over to his bed, where he was laying there sleeping. "I said to get up."

"Well, y'know...I'm banjaxed, so stop acting the maggot here and go have a great craic with the kids." He said, turning over, a small smirk on his face. Damn blue fool actually thought she could interrupt his sleep?

"I said, get up now!" The words were in Peter Rasputin's voice, so he turned to look with wide eyes, forced to roll off the bed as collossal hands came down to smash the spot he had just been sleeping in. Sprawled into a somewhat sitting position on the floor, he watched as the bed snapped, collapsing as well.

He took a moment to take that in. "Okay...I'm up."

---

Natalie was already in her swimsuit, so she ran after Kelly with her board, into the water and then paddled out.

Edited by Rogue

Vergere

Kelly laughed as huge wave collapsed on her, and came up a few moments later, only to be pushed back underwater by Lance. As she reemerged again, "Nat, help!" Even as she said so, Lance started harassing her again.

Rogue

"Sorry Kelly!" Natalie laughed on her board, her legs hanging off the sides and into the cool water. "You got yourself into that mess."

---

Neil got dressed, begrudgingly heading out into the living room when he was done, cursing under his breath. "Fecking crazy blue devil..." He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest.

Vergere

"What a friend you are!" With that, Kelly goes under the water one more time, and comes up beneath Lance's board, pushing him over and off so that he was in the water as well. With that, she grabs her board and swims over to where Natalie is. "Thaaaaaaaanks."

Mara

Stretching, Sean went to wash his breakfast dishes, dry them and replace them back in the cupboard. Afterwards, he glanced at his watch and went to pick up his keys. It was time to do some connecting with a colleague or two. He locked up and headed out to his old Volvo station wagon to drive downtown.

About fifteen minutes later, his car in the drive, he stood at the door of the Brotherhood quarters. He needed to say hi to a few old friends and greet whomever had joined them in the short time after his arrival. After another pause, Sean grasped the doorknob and walked into the foyer and headed towards the kitchen to start some coffee.

It was a pretty calm day, waves only about 3 to 4 feet, so Joseph found himself very busy. It was warm and lots of people were enjoying themselves in and around the water. Though, he spent most of his time trying to convince some of the young teen girls that it was not a good idea to fake a drowning.

"Please," he repeated to another duo of girls. "Don't waste my time. What if someone really needed my help?" Joseph gestured up and down the beach. "He or she would lose valuable time. Do you understand?"

The girls meekly nodded and turned around, heading to their group.

Joseph sighed, hoping he finally got the message through and trudged back up the beach to his tower.

With the sun poking through her curtains, August groaned and pulled her pillow over her head. It was Saturday, and she wanted to sleep in, for as long as possible.

Edited by Mara

Rogue

Jean stood, throwing the wrapper for her toaster pastry in the garbage, and tossing her red hair over a shoulder. "Well you all have fun with breakfast and your training exercise. I'm going to head downstairs and get started with Cerebro."

Andy

Having heard the word 'Cerebro' a couple of times since arriving at the school, Chase's inquisitive nature compelled him to turn to Jean before she left. "What is Cerebro, anyway?"

Rogue

Jean turned and gave him a smile, gesturing for him to join her. "Why don't you come with me and I'll show you."

Drake

Peter and Scott glanced across the table at one another then nodded and stood.

"Uhh, we should probably go with you on this one," said Scott. "Just in case something happens."

A few years ago, when he and Jean were still in high school, Jean's powers suddenly surged, one day, in rapid evolution. It was too much for her to control and she could have hurt a lot of people, both at Bayville High and at the mansion. It wasn't until he and Rogue worked together to pull her out of that destructive mindset.

He still remained wary whenever Jean had to exert her powers but, without Rogue here, Scott didn't want to think about how to snap her out of it if she had another surge.

Andy

That was something Chase hadn't been expecting, and he noted the wary glance Scott shot across the table at Peter. He set down his cup of tea and stood to follow Jean and the others.

Ayingel

Lila watched as Peter, Scott, Jean, and Chase all got up from the table. She finished eating her toast and got up to cook some bacon as Hailey finally made it down for breakfast. "Good morning." Lila smiled over her shoulder.

Rogue

Jean stopped, placing a hand on Scott's chest to stop him as he moved to pass her. "Hold on a second." She said, focussing her green eyes on him. "Do we need to have a talk?"

Drake

Out in the hall, Scott raised an eyebrow, surprised that Jean was getting so defensive over such a precaution. "This is your first time using Cerebro alone. If something happens and you, or even Chase now, get hurt, we should be there. If that's too big of a problem for you, we can wait outside."

Peter put a large hand on Chase's back and nudged him along. "Let's go wait for them there."

Hailey poured herself some orange juice and smiled back at Lila. "Morning. Would have been better if some blue furball didn't poof in on me having a shower." She half-glared/half-smiled at Kurt who threw up his hands in defeat.

"Ay-ah...I just can't win."

Edited by Drake

Andy

"Hey guys," Calvin said as he walked into the kitchen. His t-shirt was slightly big for him, as he hadn't had chance to go shopping for himself yet. It was only his second day there, and he hadn't felt up to going out yet. He was feeling much better this morning though, and poured himself some orange juice as soon as Hailey was finished with it.

Rogue

Jean crossed her arms over her chest. "That's great Scott. The whole trust thing is wonderful. What's even better is that now everyone can see that you don't trust me."

She shook her head at him before turning down the hall. How was she supposed to teach them, especially Chase who had some telepathic leanings if nobody trusted her? How was she supposed to teach control if everyone thought she didn't have any?

Drake

Scott looked around. They were now well enough away from the kitchen and Peter and Chase were gone on ahead. "Everyone? There's no one else around, Jean! What's the matter with you today? You know full well that I trust you. I trust you completely! I just don't want you to get hurt. You've never used that thing without the Professor before. Who knows what could happen if something goes wrong."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.