Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

A Hidden Leader

Is this story award worthy?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Princess

Chapter 25

The time was drawing near for the battle, and all of the troops knew it. They had been drilling for the attack on Furio for almost two weeks. Rogue had returned five days ago with Professor Ewing and they had been frantically installing cloaking devices on all of the ships ever since. The fleet was honed to razor sharpness and everyone was ready to strike, but first they needed the blessings of the Gods.

All of the troops were now heading into the Grand Convocation Chamber in the Imperial Palace on Marucha, filled with the knowledge that this could be the last time that they were in the Palace. In the front aisle was Commander Furday and Rogue, watching all of the troops file in.

After all of the troops filled the Grand Convocation Chamber, Empress Link, dressed in heavy gold robes, entered. Stepping up to the altar, she prepared to address the troops. "Faithful protectors of the Maruchan Empire, we are here today to ask the blessings of Psychodite and Pazzia in our upcoming mission. We all stand here knowing that we may not all return here. Yet we still are ready to face our fate. The good of the galaxy depends on the success of our mission. All I have to say is we do this for the glory of the Empire!"

A cheer rang out through the troops and Link smiled. All was going to be alright. The cheer rang silent as Pod and Amamu Pakal, both dressed in the heavy and ornate robes of their status, swept into the Chamber. All of the troops knelt reverently as Pod and Amamu Pakal stood before the altar and Empress Link. Pod spoke softly, yet in a voice that commanded attention, "Empress, we are here today at your request, in order to ask the blessings of Psychodite and Pazzia for the upcoming battle. With your permission, we will start the ceremony."

"It is granted High Priestess Pod. May the Gods bless this battle."

Pod and Amamu Pakal stepped up to the altar as Link settled into the ornate throne at the head of the chamber. Amamu Pakal began the prayers. "Psychodite and Pazzia, we are here today to ask for your blessings. We are facing a battle that will change the fate of the galaxy. The Maruchan Empire must be victorious, the safety of the galaxy depends on this. We pray for your protection." Amamu paused and then began chanting the ancient prayers for before a battle. All of the troops joined in the prayers that they knew so well.

When they finished the prayers Pod took over. "Pazzia and Psychodite protect us! We are doing your work and beg for your blessings. May the enemy of our enemy be healthy and may we be victorious. Protect those who are going into battle and may all of us come back to our friends and families. Protect us loving God and Goddess. We are asking for your guidance." Pod finished her prayer.

The final part of the ceremony was a sacrifice to the Gods. Guards brought Drake in, who was fighting them every step of the way. The guards strapped him down to the table and Amamu Pakal said a blessing that the sacrifice would be acceptable to the Gods. Pod brought out the sharp ceremonial knife that was embedded with jewels in the handle and glittered in the light of the temple. Quick as a flash Pod brought the knife down into Drake's chest and pulled his heart out. Holding it up to the Gods, everyone gasped as a bolt of lightning came from the ceiling and fried the heart in Pod's hands. The troops had received the blessings of the Gods. it was time to go into battle.

Princess

Chapter 26

Now that the fleet had the blessings of Psychodite and Pazzia, it was time to restore peace and prosperity to the galaxy. Empress Link, Commander Furday, Rogue, Pod and Amamu Pakal were all gathered together for a final planning session onboard Furmeister as they were waiting for all of the troops to board their ships.

"Milady, final reports have come in from Jade and Ana. The fleet at Furio is waiting for a haphazard attack by us. The cloaking devices that we have installed on all of the ships, will be controlled from onboard Furmeister by Professor Ewing and myself. All ships must be in perfect jump formation because the cloaking shields are designed to mimic the visible stars that those ships would be blocking. Remember half of the fleet will be jumping cloaked. Another 25% of the fleet will be cloaked but visible. They will appear as if they are very decrepit. This will give us the ability to confuse and surprise the Newbie fleet. Intelligence has reported that Overlord Fury is very confident in her ability to beat our fleet. Ana has been able to slip into the Newbie ships and has disabled the hyperdrices so that when we uncloak the ships, they will not be able to run from us. Overlord Fury will be viewing the battle from the War Room in the Shrine on Furio. Pod, Amamu Pakal, the Empress and a small group of troops are scheduled to make a landing on Furio and take care of the Overlord. Are there any questions?"

[Rogue, what is the projected ship ratio?] Commander Furday asked.

"We are expected to outnumber the Newbie fleet by about 5 capital ships. We will be outnumbered fighter-wise but we have the superior fighters."

Empress Link spoke up next, "Rogue, with this final intelligence report, what are our expecter troop losses."

"Milady, if everything goes as planned, wewill be experiencing a less that one percent total loss of troops. In our worst case scenario we are projecting a three percent loss of life."

"Well then, we shall hope for the best case scenari, for a three percent loss of life is too high," Link said.

Commander Furday's communicator beeped just then. It was from the bridge, informing him that the fleet was ready to launch. The Commander gave the command to make the hyperspace jumo, and then they all sat in tense readiness, waiting for the three hour jump to end.

The three hours seemed more like three day to Link. This was the biggest thing that she had done since becoming the Empress. It was time for her to restore peace and prosperity to the galaxy. When the alarm sounded that let everyone aboard know that there was five minutes left in the jump. Link rose from the chair in her stateroom and headed down to the launching bay. On her way, Link paused to give the troops smiles and words of reassurance. She made it to the docking bay just as Furmeister reverted to realspace.

Commander Furday let out a howl of glee when he saw the Newbie fleet. The Newbies were rapidly approaching the Maruchan fleet. Furday ordered Rogue to open a communications channel to the Newbies.

Rogue broadcasted over a general channel. "Attention all Newbie ships. This is Rogue, the Executive Officer of the Maruchan fleet. You are hereby ordered to stand down. You are in violation of the Sakura Treaty. According to provision three of the treaty, 'All ships that are within the Maruchan Empire's boundaries shall submit a statement of intent pertaining to their business. Also, any group that shows manevolence towards the Empire shall be dealt with accordingly. Speaking under the authority of Empress Link, supreme leader of the Maruchan Empire and speaking with the blessings of Psychodite and Pazzia, I hereby order you to stand down or we will be forced to fire."

Overlord Fury responded to Rogue. "Your inssolence is ssurprissing Rogue. We sshall never ssurrender. We have you outnumbered and we sshall desstroy you and take control of the galaxy."

Rpgue smiled as she closed the channel and turned to Furday. "Commander, they will not surrender. We must attack now."

Commander Furday let out a joyful yelp and ordered the ships to fire at will. Rogue and Professor Ewing took their places at cloaking central and prepared to switch the ships that were cloaked, in order to confuse the Newbie fleet. Commander Furday let the Newbies draw in and then had the cloaked ships move around to surround the Newbie fleet. When the fleet was surrounded, the landing party launched from Furmeister and headed planetside to hunt for Overlord Fury.

Pod and Amamu Pakal were anxious onboard the landing ship. "Pod, something doesn't feel right about this," Amamu Pakal said.

"I know Amamu. Something is going to happen today. Something bigger then we imagined." As Pod finished speaking, the shuttle landed and the troops immediately left the ship and layed down cover fire for the Empress and two High Priestesses.

The group made it to the Shrine without incident. The War Room was deep in the bowels of the Shrine and it took longer than anticipated to get there because of some Newbie troops didn't want to give up. When they got to the War Room, Link faced off across from Overlord Fury.

"So Fury, we meet again," Link said.

"Sso it sseemss Link. But thiss time you will die."

"I don't think so Fury. Jade! Ana! I need you."

Jade jumped up and grabbed one of Overlord Fury's arms and Ana materialized grabbing the other.

"Thiss iss of no usse Link. We have your fleet outnumbered. You will never win."

"Look again Fury." At that point, Commander Furday had the entire fleet uncloak and many small explosions rang out through the Newbie fleet. "We had our fleet cloaked to raise your confidence and now no ships in your fleet have the ability to make the jump to hyperspace. You've lost Fury."

Overlord Fury swore in twenty languages. Then she tried to break free of Jade and Ana's grip. In a flash Jade had a dagger at Overlord Fury's neck. "Just give me the command Milady, and it shall be done."

"Not so fast Jade. Keep the blade there though. Fury you are to order your fleet to surrender now. I do not want any people to die that do not have to. I do not run my Empire that way."

"We will never ssurrender Link. Go ahead and kill me. It iss more honorable to die than to ssurrender."

"I will not order your death Fury. That is not the way to run a peaceful government. You will order your fleet to surrender and then you will live your life in exile on Triscuit."

"I will not ssurrender Link. My people will fight even without me."

At that point the Unknown One stepped forward and pinched his earlobe. As his skin split and started to peel away he spoke. "Very good Link. I am proud of you my wife. I knew that you would be good for my Empire when I made you my wife."

Link looked over and got very pale. "Beeurd? Is it really you? I thought I killed you."

"No my love. I had a clone made years ago when this invasion first began. I knew all about you but I saw the strength inside of you. I knew this way I could get closer to the Newbies and take care of the business that I needed to." Beeurd paused for a moment and looked to the guards. "Take Overlord Fury to the Beeurdness, the Empress' punishment shall be carried out. Pass a message to the fleet that I am alive and that they shall disable the Newbie fleet and take the Newbie's to Triscuit. We will take care of the rest later."

"Yes Sir, Your Excellency," the stunned guards said as they took Overlord Fury from the room.

Amamu Pakal looked to the Emperor and said, "I had a vision Your Excellency. You appeared from the fire and told me that today would be a turning point. It has been that."

"The galaxy is at peace now Amamu Pakal. You need not worry. Now Link, it is wonderful to see you alive and well." Beeurd walked over to Link and gave her a gentle kiss. It was too much for Link. She fainted dead away.

Princess

Epilogue

Three months later...

Empress Link and Emperor Beeurd were sitting in their apartments in the palace on Marucha, after returning from a tour of the galaxy. "Beeurd, love, I have a question for you."

"Ask away Link."

"You said that you knew the truth about me. Why did you marry me then?"

"I saw the potential in you Link. My ability to read people has never led me wrong before. I saw you and I knew that the galaxy needed you in control. You oozed power Link. That's why I had myself cloned. I knew that getting in close to the Newbies would enable us to have a victory. I trusted you to do what the galaxy needed I had faith in you. I still have faith in you."

Link moved closer to Beeurd and rested her head on his shoulder. "I am lucky. I didn't realize how much I needed you Beeurd. The galaxy needs you. We need you."

Beeurd ran his hand over the growing swell in Link's abdomen. "We have done well Link. The galaxy is at peace. And it shall remain so for our child."

"Yes, for our child. And for the Maruchan people. May we have a long and prosperous reign. May the galaxy be at peace for our children and the children of our people." And with that, she kissed him.

Princess
[glow=red:6132d453bb][shadow=purple:6132d453bb][scroll:6132d453bb]The End[/glow:6132d453bb][/shadow:6132d453bb][/scroll:6132d453bb]

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.