Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

You're all about to become mildly famous

Pandora

*chuckles* Okay, Ewing, okay. You can stay that way.

Andy

I don't mind if I'm not in it, it could get too confusing :D

Aurelius

just dun put me in it :p:lol: i dont want to be famous (yet ;) )

Sticks

Haha, this sounds very interesting. Will I be in this story too?

Pandora

No, Aurelius, you won't be in it. Sorry. Sticks... maybe, if I can squeeze you in.

Pandora

Alrighty then! I got it finsihed, finally! I'll have to make a title page to keep the body of the story on three pages, but I got it!

First, though, some background info: Obviously, I didn't get the conversations verbatim to what they were roginally, but I got the jist across. Second, it takes place on Earth, so the poor people in my class can comprehend it. I did not give a specific city, so use your imagination. Third, I put it about six years in the future, so it doesn't fit the exact time frame. Also, if I used your real name, I changed it back to your nickname to post it here. Mine and Furday's characters, though, are still the way I'm turning it in.

Okay, it'll be in the next post!

Pandora

For the Love of One

I set my mug down and take a deep breath before I speak. “Well, I can’t exactly date my second-in-command. Everyone would talk! We’re a team, Ewing. I refuse to let Galactic Force fall to internal turmoil because I suddenly decide that I love Michael.”

Ewing moves around the table to sit next to me in the caf? booth. “You’re afraid of sending the wrong messages?”

I rest my elbows on the table and hold my head in my hands, shaking it slowly in despair. “You don’t know what it’s like to have fifty people look to you for direction. Leading a team of authors is anything but easy.”

He reaches an arm around my shoulders, giving me a surprisingly gentle and reassuring hug that his six-foot-four frame contradicts. “No, Amelya, I don’t know what that’s like. But I do know what it’s like to be one of the fifty that looks up to you. In five years you never once did something without thinking of Galactic Force first. Frankly, if anyone draws the wrong conclusions from you and Michael, it’s because of their own shortsightedness.

I manage a weak smile. Ewing picks up on it immediately. “Amelya, you love him. Can you honestly deny it?”

I know I love him. I realized it almost two months ago, at the five-year Galactic Force anniversary dinner. Michael asked me to dance, and whenever he touched me I got a jolt of electricity through my entire body that turned inward and clenched at my heart. I was terrified, because I was in love. I shake head. “No, you’re right. At least, I hope you’re right.”

He smiles. “Of course I’m right.” He stands to leave. “Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow at HQ.” With a final squeeze of my shoulder, he’s gone.

I spend the rest of the day lost in thought, and the night sleepless. The next morning while I’m getting dressed for the meeting at HQ, I’m fighting tears. Calling the meeting to order is a chore. “Members of Galactic Force, I have an announcement.” I exchange a glance with Michael, who wasn’t expecting this, and I know he sees the pain in my eyes. “Effective immediately, I hereby relinquish command—I resign as Commander.” I’m almost choking now as Michael comes to the podium looking very worried. “Do you accept command?” I ask him.

“I do,” he nods. I wonder if he would have said no if he could have.

“Very well then.” I unclip my insignia from my lapel and place it in Michael’s hand. I face the crowd again, suddenly devoid of power, and gaze across the stunned faces. “Thanks for such a great round, guys. Maybe I’ll come back someday.” I head out for my car. I can hear Michael prematurely adjourn the meeting.

As soon as I start my car, my cell phone rings. It’s Link. “Amelya, what do you think you’re doing?”

“Driving home,” I answer, not in the mood to talk.

But Link’s angry. “How could you do that to Michael? He loves you, and you’re just going to leave like that?”

I have to make a conscientious effort not to slam on the breaks. “What?”

“He loves you,” she repeats. “He said I should tell you. Don’t do this to him, Amelya.”

I’ve never been particularly close to Link, and I don’t really know if I trust her. “Listen, I’ve got to go. I’ll call you back.” I hang up, and dial Rogue’s number. She’s my best friend and the best personal spy I ever had. “Hey, Rogue, it’s me. Do me a favor, and—I can’t believe I’m about to ask you this, but—find out if Michael cares about me. Link says he does, but I’m not so positive. Please?” She agrees. “Thanks. Oh, one more thing,” I pause nervously. “If he does, would you mind urging him to say something to me?”

“Not at all! I’ll call you back within an hour,” she answers.

I get home and I’m just about to slip the key into my apartment door when I hear footsteps in the hall behind me. “Amelya! I want to talk to you.” It’s Michael. He’s run from the parking lot and up three flights of steps. “What was all that about today?”

“Well, five years is a long time. I figured it was your turn to lead for a while.” What I really need is to get away from Michael. That would fix my problem, but I don’t say that.

I turn back to unlock my door, but his words stop me. “If you ever decide to come back, I’ll gladly hand the reins back over to you.” I turn around to face him, and he locks his dark eyes with mine. He lays a hand on my arm and my knees threaten to buckle and my heart wants to implode. “It’s been a privilege serving as your Executive Officer.”

He leaves and I make it inside. A few minutes later, the fax rings. It’s from Michael. He’s using the public fax downstairs and wants to meet me.

I hang up with Rogue and go downstairs. Michael’s waiting for me in the stairwell. He doesn’t let me speak before he takes my hand and pulls me close to him. “I love you,” he whispers and kisses me. It’s all I can do not to burst into tears of joy.

Bad furday

:D :love: That's great Pod! I like it a lot. What did your teachers think?

Andy

Hopefully they think they should have made the limit a bit bigger :D

Sticks

Yea, that is really short for a story! I hate limits...

But that was great, Pod!

Andy

I hate limits...

Ah, said by someone who is helping with an endless fanfic :D

Sticks

I hate limits...

Ah, said by someone who is helping with an endless fanfic :D

Exactly...

Pandora

:D  :love: That's great Pod!  I like it a lot. What did your teachers think?

:lol: Nothing yet. I don't turn it in until Wed. I'll let you know what kind of grade I get once I know.

Link

Nice... Um, you really don't trust me?

Bad furday

I'm sure that was just for the story....

Link

lol let's hope so otherwise I've screwed up and don't know it. :)

Bad furday

I don't remember you doing anything screwed-up-like.......but then, I wasn't on here too much.

Link

this is the first time i've been here in three days.

Pandora

Actually, Link... I didn't trust you much at the time... :oops: Remember, that was before we started agreeing?

Bad furday

Ah. Well, it's all explained now...

Rogue

*tears in her eyes* that was beautiful Pod...

Pandora

Awww, thanks, Rogue!