Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Tarkin discussion

Andy

This topic corresponds to an entry on the Star Wars Timeline and is the official topic for general discussions specific to that title.67193e18e0264ec593ad1315901c6dbe.jpeg

Click here to view the entry

Mara

(I had posted a comment on the entry... but it must not have worked? I dunno... I shall try again here haha).

I read this a couple weeks back.

(After wondering whether or not I wanted to even read these new 'real' canon novels or not, as they would go against everything I had read so far in the EU/Legends.... But I decided to just suck it up. 'Cause really, there are more positives than negatives in deep-sixing the EU in favor of the new canon that will match with the upcoming films. So letting those slide into an "AU" file in my mind, I went full steam ahead).

So anyway...

It was interesting to get into the mind of someone like Tarkin, see what makes him tick, how he got to be the way he is when we see him in ANH. I mean, the guy was pretty much a badass from youth, with the way his childhood was set up and how he grew up and was raised. All those summers spent living out in the Carrion.

Also, we see the beginnings of his relationship/"friendship" with Vader, as they start to work together on the same mission and goals.

While it was not my favorite of any SW novel.... I do not regret reading it and do recommend it. It's not a bad way to spend a few days.

Andy

I've not read any of the new novels yet, but I have heard good things about this one. It's on my list. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.