Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Ep. VII's villain cast?

Mara

Newest Star Wars casting rumor...

Adam Driver is leaving Brooklyn, and heading to a galaxy far, far away for his next role.

The Girls star is close to signing on to play the villain in Star Wars: Episode VII, Variety reports.

Details about his character are unknown except that Driver's would be similar to Star Wars' biggest villain, Darth Vader.

Driver would be the first cast member to be announced for the highly anticipated film, which hits theaters on Dec. 18, 2015. J.J. Abrams co-wrote the script and will direct the film, which begins shooting in April in London.

Last month, reports surfaced that Friday Night Lights star Jesse Plemons was testing for a main role. In addition to Driver's role as Hannah's boyfriend on the hit HBO drama,  his other credits include Inside Llweyn Davis and Frances Ha.

Taken from here and here, which came from Variety and Deadline.

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Andy
Updated article URL

Andy

I've not seen Girls, but I wish they'd just get a move on officially confirming cast!

Also, hijacked this thread to use as article comments so there isn't a duplicate. ;)

Mara

I haven't seen Girls either, or anything this guy has been in, but he looks kind of sinister in that photo the article used. ;p

And I agree; but I think we'll probably have to live with rumors for at least a few more months, maybe even into next year.  Except for the occasional leak or big annoucement.  (Though hasn't it been almost pretty much confirmed that the 'big three' are returning, too?)

Andy

It's been all but confirmed... no official word has been given on pretty much anything yet. lol

Bad furday

One of the podcasts I listen to said they planned to start filming around the end of March/ in April this year....they'd better make some announcements soon! :p

Mara

Or we'll just have to camp out next to the set with with high-powered cameras and binoculars. :p

Andy

Yeah, I'd they don't announce something soon things will leak out from sightings in the area around the set and stuff.

Mara

Now there is a rumor that Adam Driver will not be playing a villain as earlier thought. Apparently because he usually portrays darker roles.

According to Jedi News, he will be the son of Han and Leia... and just tempted to the dark side, not a full villain.

May this mean that Max van Sydow will be the true villain for Ep. VII?

Of course, this is still just a rumor, and not officially confirmed.... but thoughts?

Andy

I heard something about Sydow being the villain actually.

Mara

Which I think makes more sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.