Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

What American Accent Do You Have?

TheUnknown

Which American accent do you have?

My Results:

full_428371978.jpg
Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-.  Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity.  You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be.  Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Pretty accurate, although ironically I've lived in the South my whole life and have never been outside of it (I'll take your sympathies).  I do live in an area of Georgia that's seen a huge influx of non-Southerners, though.

Andy

I got Northeastern apparently. Not sure if that is good or bad :p

TheUnknown

I think it's saying you sound like you're on Family Guy.

Andy

Depressing! :(

Princess

My Results:

full_428371978.jpg
Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-.  Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity.  You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be.  Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up. 

Ayingel

My Results:

full_428371978.jpg
Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-.  Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity.  You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be.  Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up. 

Though, my accent (since learning German) has started to lean towards a German accent, and when I'm tired/drunk, I sound Minnesotan/Canadian.

Pandora

I got Western. Between that and Prin's neutral I'm calling bull.

Princess

Just because you've heard me speak?

Andy

It didn't even know I don't sound American! :p

Pandora

Prin: Yes.

Andy: Another excellent point.

Bad furday

My Results:

full_428371978.jpg

Lol...so basically somewhere-anywhere- in these here grate Untied States....wandering around like Pete Coors, forever lost "somewhere near Golden, Colorado", but more than willing to turn to the camera and talk about how great Coors is...or something :p:lol:

Though I've discovered that I sound similar to racecar driver Takuma Sato...which is hilariously disturbing. :p
Edited by Bad furday

TheUnknown

It didn't even know I don't sound American! :p

How do you sound, by the way?

Andy

Worcestershirian? I can't think of anybody famous from this area I can point out and say that's my accent.

I could say to look at videos on the Hereford and Worcester section of the BBC news site, but it's a large area and you're just as likely to see Black Country / Birmingham accent or crazy farmer accent on it, lol.

Bad furday

*blabs*  I remember at Celebration III...when they asked B where he had come to the convention from, they gave a loud cheer when he said "England"...it may have been the farthest result they had gotten at that moment. :D

TheUnknown

Worcestershirian? I can't think of anybody famous from this area I can point out and say that's my accent.

I could say to look at videos on the Hereford and Worcester section of the BBC news site, but it's a large area and you're just as likely to see Black Country / Birmingham accent or crazy farmer accent on it, lol.

Anything like this?

Andy

Yeah, he is from fairly near by so that's close enough, lol

TheUnknown

Kind of sounds like Thurston Howell from Gilligan's Island.

Pandora

Wasn't the Howell accent more like that weird Delaware amalgamation of stereotypical rich white people and psuedo-British?

I'm not sure I should have intellectualized that quite so much....

..... So whatcha y'all up to? I'm fixin' ta-clean this here house.

GI_Admiral

My Results:

full_240673695.jpg
Western Western is kind of neutral, but not quite since it`s still possible to tell where you`re from.  So you might not actually be from the West (but you probably are).  If you really want to sound "neutral," learn how to say "stock" and "stalk" differently. 

Awkward.........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.