Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
samusaran253

Transhumanism

samusaran253

What do you guys think of transhumanism? I discovered it semi-recently myself and am now a pretty hardcore transhumanist. In layman's terms it's humanity controlling our own destiny and steering the course of human evolution. We do this through augmentations of various kinds, such as mechanical augmentations, nanotechnology, human-AI merging, development of a hive mind, and the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machine. I suspect that we'll see transhumanism really go mainstream in our lifetimes, and we should be relatively young, I suspect most of us will be in our 20s by the time it hits (probably in the 2020s). Here's a video if you want to watch it explaining transhumanism, unfortunately it's biased and the guy who made the video hates transhumanists and is trying to stop the future (and failing at it), but it's the most informative video I could find for teaching non-transhumanists about transhumanism and the video itself isn't all that biased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e30M3hw3u04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8bU41X-EM

James the Defender

Interesting thought, but it's not for me. I don't like playing God. Although we all know humans are not living to our full potential--we can all see the human body was created with more potential--it isn't our place to toy with humanity, IMHO. Soon, God will fix our imperfection and bring this world back to his original purpose: paradise, with perfect human subjects living in perfect peace and harmony. Our bodies will reach their full potential. We know our bodies--and by extension--society can. We all want to live forever; that's scriptural, too. Ecclesiastes 3:11, "Everything he [God] has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart." (Italics mine)

So, that's my humble opinion.

And, samusaran, I'm glad to see a new member making many good contributions to our boards! Thanks for being a member :D

Princess

I'm going to move this to the Real World. I think that it'll fit better there

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.