Link 3 Posted August 19, 2002 *slumps down in her chair, looking at Star* I need some of your energy. No. I just need... I don't know what I need. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Starstripe 0 Posted August 19, 2002 sleep. It helps I don't think they've found a way to transfer energy, but I'd let you have some if they had No, really, what's wrong? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 19, 2002 *looks at him, amazed* you haven't heard? ok... just my life is gone to pot. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Starstripe 0 Posted August 19, 2002 that's not good. no I haven't heard. what happened? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 19, 2002 oh just I have a serious jealousy complex over an ex and though I have my best friend back because of it, I lost my boyfriend this morning Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted August 19, 2002 "Lullabye" by Shawn Mullins she grew up with the children of the stars in the hollywood hills and the boulevard her parents threw big parties everyone was there they hung out with folks like dennis hopper, bob seeger, sonny and cher now, she feels safe in this bar on fairfax and from the stage I can tell that she can't let go and she can't relax and just before she hangs her head to cry I sing to her a lullaby, I sing everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye rockabye she still lives with her mom outside the city down that street about a half a mile and all her friends tell her she's so pretty but she'd be a whole lot prettier if she smiled once in a while `cause even her smile looks like a frown she's seen her share of devils in this angel town But, everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye rockabye I told her I ain't so sure about this place it's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face seems like everyone here's got a plan it's kind of like nashville with a tan, but, everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye everything's gonna be all right rockabye, rockabye,rockabye, bye, bye bye, bye Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade 1 Posted August 19, 2002 the Ataris Got out of bed today. I'm in love, what can I say? I'm really happy to be somewhere with someone who makes me happy I took the bus downtown. All day long I walked around. I looked at all the sights And thought about how lucky I am now. I was sick of being down So I gave it all away. 2000 miles from all I know. So much better off today. I'm still waiting for the world To come crashing down ahead. And I'm still waiting for someone to call me up and tell me "You're dead." Sometimes I wonder what was going through your head. Hey, I don't know, But I won't go there again. You make me smile so wide When I look into your eyes And when you're not around You know you're somewhere stuck inside my mind. I was sick of being down So I gave it all away. 2000 miles from all I know. So much better off today. And I'm still waiting for the world To come crashing down ahead. And I'm still waiting for someone to call me up and tell me "You're dead." Sometimes I wonder what was going through your head. Hey I don't know, But, I won't go there again No I won't go there again. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade 1 Posted August 19, 2002 lol...metal rock with lyrics..kinda rare... 8) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted August 19, 2002 Yeah... but it's good song. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 20, 2002 *plays dark dreary music* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted August 20, 2002 *sighs* Ya could sure use some cheering up, huh Link? *thinks* (i know! I don't do that often...) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted August 20, 2002 I met him in a swamp down in Dagoba Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda S O D A, soda I saw the little runt sitting there on a log I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said "Yoda" Y O D A, Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Well, I've been around, but I ain't never seen A guy who looks like a muppet, but he's wrinkled and green Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Well, I'm not dumb, but I can't understand How he can lift me in the air just by raising his hand Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Well, I left home just a week before And I've never ever been a Jedi before But Obi Wan, he set me straight, of course He said, "Go to Yoda and he'll show you the Force" Well I'm not the kind that would argue with Ben So it looks like I'm gonna start all over again With my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda So I used the Force I picked up a box I lifted some rocks While I stood on my head Well, I won't forget what Yoda said He said, "Luke, stay away from the darker side And if you start to go astray, let the Force be your guide" Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda "I know Darth Vader's really got you annoyed But remember, if you kill him, then you'll be unemployed" Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Well, I heard my friends really got in a mess So I'm gonna have to leave Yoda, I guess But I know that I'll be coming back some day I'll be playing this part 'till I'm old and gray The long-term contract that I had to sign Says I'll be making these movies till the end of time With my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pandora 77 Posted August 20, 2002 *nods* Nice. My turn now. Uncle Kracker! Verse 1: You don't know how you met me, you don't know why you can't turn around and say good-bye. All you know is when I'm with you, I make you free, and swim through your veins like a fish in the sea, I'm singin' Chorus: Follow me, everything is all right. I'll be the one to tuck you in at night, and if you want to leave, I can guarantee you won't find nobody else like me. Verse 2: I'm not worried 'bout the ring you wear, cause as long as no one knows, then nobody could care. You're feelin' guilty, and I'm well aware, but you don't look ashamed, and baby, I'm not scared. I'm singin' Chorus Bridge: Won't give you money, I can't give you the sky. You're better off if you don't ask why. I'm not the reason that you go astray and it will be all right if you don't ask me to stay. Chorus Verse 1 Chorus :grin: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted August 21, 2002 *starts singing harmony along with Pod* I dont' know why, but when that song plays I always sing harmony with it! lol Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade 1 Posted August 23, 2002 nice! Here's my salute to underground bands: ataris, sloppy meateaters, midtown, bowling for soup, chevelle, alkaline trio, thursday, and sister's band... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 23, 2002 this place needs a makeover... huh. not sure where to go with that one Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted August 24, 2002 *gets up on stage* I'm Already There Lonestar He called her on the road From a lonely cold hotel room Just to hear her say I love you one more time And when he heard the sound Of the kids laughing in the background He had to wipe away a tear from his eye A little voice came on the phone And said "Daddy when you coming home" He said the first thing that came to his mind I'm already there Take a look around I'm the sunshine in your hair I'm the shadow on the ground I'm the whisper in the wind I'm your imaginary friend And I know I'm in your prayers Oh I'm already there She got back on the phone Said I really miss you darling Don't worry about the kids they'll be alright Wish I was in your arms Lying right there beside you But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight And I'll gently kiss your lips Touch you with my fingertips So turn out the light and close your eyes I'm already there Don't make a sound I'm the beat in your heart I'm the moonlight shining down I'm the whisper in the wind And I'll be there until the end Can you feel the love that we share Oh I'm already there We may be a thousand miles apart But I'll be with you wherever you are I'm already there Take a look around I'm the sunshine in your hair I'm the shadow on the ground I'm the whisper in the wind And I'll be there until the end Can you feel the love that we share Oh I'm already there Oh I'm already There Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted August 24, 2002 "Hanging By A Moment" Lifehouse Desperate for changing Starving for truth Closer where i Started Chasing after you i'm falling even more in love with you letting go of all i've held onto i'm standing here until you make me move i'm hanging by a moment here with you forgetting all i'm lacking completely incomplete i'll take your invitation you take all of me now.. i'm falling even more in love with you letting go of all i've held onto i'm standing here until you make me move i'm hanging by a moment here with you i'm living for the only thing i know i'm running and not quite sure where to go i don't know what i'm diving into just hanging by a moment here with you there's nothing else to lose nothing left to find there's nothing in the world that could change my mind there is nothing else there is nothing else... Desperate for changing Starving for truth Closer where i Started Chasing after you i'm falling even more in love with you letting go of all i've held onto i'm standing here until you make me move i'm hanging by a moment here with you i'm living for the only thing i know i'm running and not quite sure where to go i don't know what i'm diving into just hanging by a moment here with you just hanging by a moment hanging by a moment.. hanging by a moment... hanging by a moment here with you.. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 24, 2002 Down To The River To Pray Alison Krauss As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the starry crown Good Lord, show me the way ! O sisters let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, O sisters let's go down, Down in the river to pray. As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the robe and crown Good Lord, show me the way ! O brothers let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, Come on brothers let's go down, Down in the river to pray. As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the starry crown Good Lord, show me the way ! O fathers let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, O fathers let's go down, Down in the river to pray. As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the robe and crown Good Lord, show me the way ! O mothers let's go down, Let's go down, don't you want to go down, Come on mothers let's go down, Down in the river to pray. As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the starry crown Good Lord, show me the way ! O sinners let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, O sinners let's go down, Down in the river to pray. As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the robe and crown Good Lord, show me the way ! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted August 24, 2002 *applauds* Well done Link! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites